Thrive Off Grid

You ever think about building one of those kit guitars? I think about it but something always comes up that seems more important. Still I hear that if you do a good job and swap out the pickups and bridge for decent ones they can sound about as good as a factory made one.

2 Likes

The two guitars in the video are kit guitars. The black one is my right hander. It has the stock pickups and all the stock hardware that came with it and it sounds great.

My left hand I built due to a broken finger on my fret hand, That one has EMG active pick ups, and Floyd rose trem, neck was planed and re fretted to make it easier to play. Ive only been learning left hand for about 4 months and I can tell I will be able to well exceed my capability right hand playing of more than 30 years. Yeah we all have it backwards. Your dominant hand should be your fretting hand not your picking hand.

Yes get a kit, they are a lot of fun to build and you can do just as good a job as the best manufactures. I will never buy another guitar again, I will get more kits and custom build to my spec.

7 Likes

That stove is just plain amazing and the fact it is a self sustaining pellet stove makes this technology worth a lot. I need an investor right now! If you know anyone, get them in contact with me asap! This stove could change the industry, there are potential patents and licensing opportunities to license this tech to all manufactures. This technology will make existing auger feed stoves obsolete and much cheaper to manufacture.

4 Likes

What about crowdfunding?

2 Likes

Im an engineer, not a crowd funder. I know nothing about it and Im a business. Ill mess it up and get in trouble. Besides that Im already spread so thin Im tearing apart, I need help for that with someone that can do the accounting, understands all the legal stuff. This I am not and don’t have ambition to learn. Im already doing way too much.

Haha, sounds familiar. I think a businessplan is the start. Anyway, you need to get things on paper, no matter if you go left or right.

2 Likes

Yeah need someone to do that too. Im not a business planner, I am just an engineer / developer this is all I am. I want people to step an do all this, this is the very stuff I need help with. People keep dumping it back on me. Im already doing way to much, I need help with all that stuff. A real investor will get on an airplane and come here and work with me instead of just dumping it all back on me.

1 Like

It should not be hard to see the " plan " by just watching that video and then come here and see it for yourself.

You can have a piece of a pie or you can have a whole rotten pie. This pie is still good and fresh, but Im sick of holding it.

1 Like

Well, I just got certified by a some Atex people. If I look back, it took me 6 years, period with less work and a pandemy to get it done. So, don’t ask me, I am from the same wood as you. Techie and not a business man.

2 Likes

If I have to do all this myself, then I would not need an investor in the first place. I can handle mass production on my own, thats not what I need help with.

I need to get this patented, I need patent attorney, I need him or her to come here and draft that with me. This must be done correctly or it can get stolen or denied. I need an accountant, If you try to teach me quick books a computer will harmed in that process, I promise you that. This needs UL testing, , I need a lawyer to draft NDA’s to who ever this tech falls in the hands off. A generic NDA is a crock. Then we need test equipment to test before EPA testing as that cost money and if it dont pass you have to pay again. Then marketing, and licensing. I cant do all this on my own. Im tired and beat from this company.

2 Likes

https://patents.google.com/patent/DE102014015815A1/en

someone who tried to get patent and failed to get patent

2 Likes

If you dont know the language and technical writing, someone with money can easily come in a re write your patent and add things you may not be aware of and steal it right out from under you. Never try this on your own with out an actual attorney.

2 Likes

If you were in a patent fight with Thomas Edison you would be sued for using you own name . That did happen .
person did succeed with nickle cadmium battery but did not pursue nickel iron battery

2 Likes

you know matt us designers are all the same we spend month even years making somthing then we have a choise either just put it out there and have the pride to say i made that and every one laughs and says sure you did we design and invent the con men take an make the money with it. There are people out there that will take somthing and have it built for sale before we even have it of the drawing board. but if you dont put it out there no one will see it and you will die without ever doing any thing. there are thousands of patents out there that never got made some are ahead of there time others just good etc. dont let what could happen stop you just keep inventing for the good of the wold . the 3 D printer was one of those things that was put out there as open source 3D cnc was another. the list goes on and on.

3 Likes

I think so too. That open source is new and very interesting. Doesn’t hurt business. Patent is just like creditcards, it is from the old days. More like, look what I have made, now you change something and can make it too. I would’t bother with patent. It will cost more then you benifit from. Do your thing and probably EPA is important for you. Then find some young people that sell for you. With all the social media business models change too. From factory to customer, everything in between is cut out. I see it everyday, very stimulating how the young guys make money. Going fast!!!

1 Like

Not a bigger predator on earth than a venture capitalist. Why do you think they call the TV show Shark Tank. Also inevitably they will start wanting to cut cost until you are putting out the typical piece of crap on the market today.

2 Likes

Well Bill and I are kicking around an idea that goes back a ways. The ultimate machine I think is a single unit that do all. Work as heater, cook stove, hot water heater, char coal producer and a direct gasifier for engine power.

This stove maybe just the proof of concept I needed, because it basically is a direct wood gasifier. When this stove is operating as a heater is only burning fuel at the grate level with a slight amount of air feeding the hearth. In a direct gasifier mode, you open hearth feed full open and close off that second stage and bypass the chimney and pipe the gas direct to engine. You will most likely have a long piping out to the engine to that will cool the gas and drop the condensate / soots / tars before getting there.

Important to note, this can only be done with pellets or like fuel. One of the reasons this has not already been done is this is the only gasifier technology in existence that I know of, that will not produce smoke in the hopper. This is why can not put this inside. that gas is bad for you and can combust upon opening the lid creating a fire hazard. So the fuel carburetor is the same for both technologies and requires a small dense fuel that will flow through a small opening like pellets.

If I can find a buyer to create a prototype I will open source this stove and sell the plans to build it out of tanks. No electronics but we can always add the mixer controller that’s simple enough. This stove does not need intervention so I think it even needs electronic management anyways.

This will still make char pellets for biochar or for engine fuel for a utility charcoal to boot. So say you have a well pump, you could run that on a charcoal gasifier unit.

5 Likes

Another concept to add here. Since that can produce char pellets. Why not add a simple charcoal unit in line with the direct wood gas and use this As the filter. So this will be plenty sustainable as it will always be making char pellets. Get the engine going on the charcoal unit first and then meter in the gas from the stove from the bottom. Then meter down the air feed to the charcoal unit. You could still use a water drip here as well. I bet you could really crank up the energy density doing this as well.

6 Likes

LIKE JOEP AND TOM SAID PATENTS ARE OLD SCHOOL MAKE A PATENT and I can get the patent down loaded in my computer tomorrow . well within a short time shorter time than you can get it. now all i have to do is change something and i now have another patent. that is what people are doing. then build it cheap and now you have the chinise junk we all buy.build it for the betterment of the world as free ware and in a very few years without a lot of work it changes the world with out restrictions a few years ago i helped make a machine as i say free ware no restrictions 8 years i was dieing needed a heart vavle couldnt get one as i couldn"t take the heart drugs then i was told they would make me one with the machine i helped make it was experimental i was the first human in ontario canada that would have it. It didn"t require any blood thinners or rejection drugs and sence it was made with the machine i help design they made sure i got it . Just goes to show you what you do for your fellow men will come back to you some day. I am now living well with no restrictions what so ever. they say i have a heart of a 20 year old. but do what you want work about patents or do it for the good of the world and let people benifit from your work. the first updraft gasifier stoves from anderson was a free ware unit without that invention we may still not have gasifier stoves . the technoligywould have not been invented to the extent that it is now

3 Likes

You do realize if you dont patent; someone else will and they will lock you out of your own invention. Open sourcing is very gray now as they have changed the laws. It is now first to file it is no longer first to invent.

If someone files patent you are out of business!!

You can open source for one year and after that it is free for the taking.

It maybe old school but its still the law you need a patent!

1 Like