Thrive Off Grid

Ok guys, heres what up me sleeve next!! haha. I have developed a new “no weld” DIY kit for the masses. This is a kit that has the essential welded components, hearth, reduction core, reduction bowl, grate shaker, gas ports ash clean out and a filter grate. We also provide an ejector for this. All the end user has to supply are some 14" barrels plumbing / hardware and some time. I am going to offer this kit for $550.00 introductory pricing. After we push a few through manufacturing, Ill see if we can keep this cost. Even if all parts are bought new all together everything could be bought for less than $850.00.

Im up loading the full how too video segments now and this will be up on the site here in the next few days. Tomorrow Ill fire it up and do a video on how to run it and run one of our Predator 13500 generators with it :fire:

11 Likes

Ran it again today no go, fuel is too wet. Going to dry some more out and fire it back up over the weekend. I think an exhaust fuel dryer is going to be next in development.

3 Likes

So as I sit here in amazement, this has inspired me to change direction temporarily to further develop it. I now have parts on order for what Im going to call the " bucket gasifier". It will have this size hearth but bumped out like our developed machines. Ill again build this as a diy kit, I now the have McMaster parts list and it is the same for both versions. So Ill offer both versions as a complete kit with all parts or with just the welded parts.

If I add the automation to this thing it will work just as good as my other ones. Still uploading video this last one took about 28 hours to upload.

Just a quick video of it running the Predator for faster upload. Uploading the start up using the ejector now

2 Likes

Ran for over 8 hours today and then ran the gasoline follow up standard procedure on a new one. After I completed that i checked the final dryer on the gen and only a tablespoon of condensate and the drain cap had a glazing of tar I think that is from residual from pryor runs.

So Im not quite sure of the gas quality yet, it could be bypassing that yet as this has only the single filter. However, my hose is not getting very hot maybe 110* but its a nylon reinforced type hose and its not near hot enough to warp or damage it and that dont take much. This thing does share the core internals of the other machines maybe that’s all it takes.

$550.00 dollar gasifier that can run a Predator twin? I think I need to rethink things here hmmm

3 Likes

Fire it up!!

3 Likes

Chipping Chips with Chips!!

5 Likes

I had the same experience myself, 3" my butt. Only if they are perfect straight with no knots! Thanks for showing me how to hook up the gasifier to it.

Closeup of Matt’s setup

1 Like

yeah Im thinking about modifying mine and making my own shoot with a less aggressive slope.

Next video is going to have to be “cutting wood with wood”. I set up the gasifier on the utility trailer along with my Predator 4 kW 212cc generator and took her out back. Chopped some downed trees with my electric Poulan ran from the generator running from the gasifier with fuel cut by the Poulan and chipped by the HF chipper ran by the gasifier from chips created by the HF chipper. Got all that? haha

5 Likes

Matt you coming to Argos this year, I’d like to see your stuff.

I dont think Im going to make it this year. I dont have anything built to bring, and we are expanding into a new building so my work is cut out for me this spring.

2 Likes

My neighbor finally fired up the micro for the first time this last weekend to establish the charcoal bed. We got it lit up to the point that it was making gas and shut it down to cool and help form the bed. He ran out of time, he though it would be right away not understanding the process yet. We’re going to tackle it again on the holiday weekend.

7 Likes

Jason, That’s a pretty neat compact unit. You’re on the right track establishing the char bed.
Pepe

Hi Matt
When can we expect the rest of the build on this Open Source Gasifier. (Module 1 )

Nobody is joining the forum to support the project which is a requirement so I will most likely abandon this.

The plan was to supply the plans and the support for it was to be from the group of builders helping each other out. Otherwise I will get bombarded with emails and dont have time for it. I wear way too many hats as it is and way to much on my plate at any given time. So those interested in building this were supposed to do their part by getting involved. Seems no one wants too and for me to put the in the efforts is a deal breaker. Setting up the plans and doing all the video segments is a ton of work to put out there for free; with no one willing to put in their share I’ve lost all motivation for this project. Plus this was very expensive to do.

2 Likes

Hi Matt, Put up a paypal link to fund the project and I’ll give you your first twenty. You should put it in every video description too.

2 Likes

Might be a good idea to just set up a listing for the finished plans. Free for now but once complete I may set up a listing for the completed plans and then also a prefab parts kit later on.

1 Like

Hi matt i think quite afew would be gassors have more axcess too wood chips, and seem too be more interested in a wood chip gassor than chunk. Would likely buy the book if complete with operating instructions. My bro lives in the kansas country side and has many piles of county chips free everyware. Good luck with the gasifiers, Ect.

1 Like