New jets came in the mail yesterday. I ordered two sets one set with 2" length and another set with 2 1/2" length. These are 1/8" NPT cut to length SS pipe… So I started out with 1 1/2" length giving the jet ring around a 5 1/2" diameter. I decided to go with the longer set even though I thought those might a bit extreme. With the 2 1/2" length jets this knocks the jet ring down to around 3 1/2" so looking down at it; it this ring looks very tiny.
So fired it up and ran checking the tar trap every few hours. There must have been a bit of residual in the system or it had to re establish it self or both. The first time I drained it dumped out 1/4 cup of black stuff. The consistency was much more fluid than before so at least there was a change. As I kept checking there was less and less being dropped and now today there is nothing, no tar or condensate.
Performance wise there is a slight decrease in power output and it is a bit more finicky. Air metering valve angle position is about the same as before. Much less smoke at start up and flare is completely transparent in daylight. At night its the typical peach color with blue base. The power decrease is probably closer to where it should be around 30% it was pulling pretty hard before there was probably only about a 20% loss compared to gasoline before the jet change.
So next step is I ordered a set of drums to create a new filter that should do a better job of filtering and cooling. So I should start to see at least some condensate drop at the dryer once that all installed.