Tools, Tips and Tricks

Just curious. Has anyone used a type of pipe fitting called a Stub End as a fire tube?
Stainless Steel Schedule 10 Pipe Fittings - Type C Stub Ends
Rindert

It looks a little pricey but I don’t see why it would not work.

3 Likes

That’s what I thought too. But this particular one is 304 stainless. I think a carbon steel one should be a lot less. I’m still searching.
Rindert

2 Likes

Yes, 409 stainless steel would be great. Like they use for mufflers and exhaust pipe.
Bob

2 Likes

I guess we know most of these tips but just in case we don’t

6 Likes

So I have launched the website for my CNC machine company. I will be offering a range of tables starting at around $3000.00 on up to the DuoCut 60 $15000,00 turnkey delivered with on site training.

http://www.duracut-cnc.com/home.html

5 Likes

I’ve been having a little trouble with the throttle plate staying in open position lately. I’ve been cleaning the tb inside and lubing the outer plastic slide washers and springs with no success.
Today I dripped a little nail polish remover on the axle from the inside, blew some compressed air to make it penetrate and exercized it a bit. Wolaa - as good as new right away.

I guess I must have made some tary fumes at some point. Too long cold gasifier idling, too much debrie in the fuel, too many gasifier pullstarts or a combination of those. When I removed the tb the soot buildup wasn’t fluffy as it usually is, but a little sticky and crumbling.

I cleaned the second spare tb the same way and I can make a fast swap if it happens again.

5 Likes

You have to keep your foot on the accelerator :smile:

4 Likes

Ha, luckily with woodgas there’s no danger with a stuck open throttle. There are so many ways making the truck slow down :smile:

3 Likes

Bob wouldn’t it be easier to simply put the cell phone in your shirt pocket?

Nail polish remover is acetone, I posted some where that it was the only thing I could get to remove tar from the roof, and back window of the Ranger.

4 Likes

Right, I remembered reading about acetone for tar removal but not when and where. This bottle said free from acetone but worked just as well anyway.

4 Likes

Metil etil ketone is usualy the component then. As long as it works!

I have a trick of my own to report. I got sick and tired from those crapy potato pealers constantly breaking. So l forged my own :smile:

11 Likes

Did you sacrifice the silverware? :smile:
I find the quickest (and beardiest) way of pealing potatoes is pressure washing them into a bucket.

5 Likes

Indeed :smile:

Ha, thats a good one!

5 Likes

Yes. And attach a toilet brush to a drillmachine. You can choose a new or already used one.

5 Likes

Good morning all

Could anyone recommend a good fiberglass blanket ou silica cloth bag filter, for a charcoal gasifier filter?
I’m afraid the flame retardant welding blankets are too rough for this job!

Thierry

1 Like

Hi all, anyone use one of these? Trying to find which ones work the best. Appreciate the help.

2 Likes

I think Bill Shiller has one. Maybe he will chime in with a report.

3 Likes

Has anyone tryed potato tumblers.I think they make them though i never tryed tumbling any.