TV Show Casting: Wood Gas Car Expert

Good morning all,

My opinion, which engages only me, in these kinds of challenges, it is important to show that with the minimum, we do the maximum,
and often the man where he manages to be very efficient is unfortunately in wartime.
I suggest that we build a motorcycle of the paratroopers of the American army from the Normandy landings of June 6, 1944, with a Koen gas generator as in the photo attached, lawn mower engine, scooter wheel, custom chassis , gasoline with gas cylinders, and manufacture of carbonite with oil and charcoal dust, which will demonstrate that the vehicle without taking the risk that it is as perforermant as with gasoline,
there is the interest of this demonstration to bring about mentalities and demonstrate that we reject less CO2 than with fossil energy and prove self-sufficiency.

4 Likes

It seems kind of odd to realize that we might be the only family in America with 2 everyday woodgassers. I guess we would be willing to be involved if we could work it out to be a team effort, and if we can avoid the usual reality TV drama stuff. It would be fun to have the international flare too.

4 Likes

i hope you guys have fun .but every show that i have seen like these always makes fun of them. they don,t want to support the contestents they are just trying to make a show . You could do more damage with one show than all the good you could do in 10 years of hard work . Just be sure before you do it. it sounds good now but if you get kicked out in the first or second round your custumers could loose faith in you and down goes your businesses.

3 Likes

but also the reverse is true, you are American, it is a question that you should not ask yourself, if you have the required skills, you must demonstrate your knowledge, as for a competition to obtain a school diploma, the result is the result, but getting it with little means like a farmer is even more beautiful.

3 Likes

I don’t get what you are saying, but the picture is a Cushman Corp. built motor scooter.

4 Likes

A military paratrooper mini-bike! Sure looks like Cushman built that. Before I would get too worked up about what to build, If I was interested, I would sign that Non-Disclosure Agreement, and find out more of what vehicle they were thinking of modifying, and what might be a surprise twist not revealed until the first day. I believe they want the team to be successful, because that would have the most “Wow” factor. This is also television, so expect a twist of fate to keep the audience in suspense until the next episode. Ratings Matter. If you are on the team, expect to be flexible and creative to work through the twists. Keep calm and build on. :grin: I think it would be a great experience for the right person.

6 Likes

Deciding to participate this I think it is important to go back and view the 2002-07 Monster Garage shows first.
That shows object was to in 7 days turn ordinary cars/vehicles into something epic/memorable/unique.

Once you do participate in one of these you just threw-away your anominity . . . usually.
For some this is not important.
Others . . . think. Folks showing up at your door step . . . enthusiasts wanting to be your #1 fan. Folks showing up demanding your time and face now onto their show-world presentations. Self-broadcasting digitaleers don’t ask. Do not respect no’s.

Anyhow the very best time-saver and success “cheat” would be to pre-make a complete vehicle gasifer system. Run work that in. THEN section it out for the shows vehicle installation-to-the-camera’s. Then you know no hold ups for a piece/parts. Fab equipment hold ups. Personality mads/walk-offs.
Other of these moter-head shows they do not actually do the engine builds up to time limits, but install previously built ran-in chrome beauty engine into the show vehicle’s being built up.
The wood gasifer system as being the to be installed power maker.

And if getting a tool box is your motivation . . . . sheez, you are hopeless. MY big double decker working-practical was made up of sections from Sears, Napa, tool-truck buys over the course of years to NOT be beholding to anyone. The value was in the ballbearing slide draws and the capable tools inside of it. Not the shell tool holder.
But then again I never been a car show-off-fancy kinnda’ guy.
And only reluctantly an “entertainer” behind the camera, crew supporter.
I value my anonymity. My home privacy.

S.U.

9 Likes

have fun if you do it but just dont let it go to your head.if you do a good job and people like what they see good .but like its been said here already you could loose more than you might like. and after all that work you only have a tool box to show for it they have car gasifier knowledge etc. it doesnt look like a brainer to me??maybe I should make a show then i could get yous to build me a machine . to my specifications for a tool box

1 Like

If you guys are referring to me. Im not going on this show I already have five large tool boxes and hate being on YouTube let alone TV!!

I was just pointing out the goal of the show. It is to win!! Its not build a practical everyday use gasifier system.

PS Snap - On is a joke!!

2 Likes

Deliver working wood gas truck to monster garage . Let them start it and drive it back out . First they will have to figure out that truck is totally out of fuel and needs to be refueled . I think it could be developed into episode . I would die before I could get model t started on wood gas .

2 Likes

I work in the film industry as how I make my living and if all your getting is a tool box then there is no way I would do it (not that I know enough about gasification to do it) but I would expect to be paid for every day on set. It’s not like they can just pop down to a talent agency and pick up a vehicle gasification expert they seem quite few and far between

Just my 2 cents worth

12 Likes

As some of you know, a studio named Flight 33 Productions desperately needed a wood gas vehicle for a production that they were filming about re-booting civilization after a collapse. They came here to DOW to find just such a beast. Since they are close, I took my truck over there. They were absolutely thrilled that they had a VERY good prop. This isn’t something that you can easily find. The same is true for talent.

7 Likes

On the flip side, If one of us doesn’t do it they will find some one, and it will not shed a very good light on it as a viable fuel. Remember mountain men, it turned into a joke.

8 Likes

I have a 96 Dakota that l could get there could the truck be built by the book and build in sections by who wants to be involved brought to build site and assembled there.lt would give the builder more time at home plus five days to put together at the site and dile in the truck would be at Argos next year.This way it would give drive on wood credit plus it would be done by members. I don’t know how much the parts package cost but would be willing to come up with funds if doable . Dan

3 Likes

Ever since that show did the gasification truck segment. People have recognized my truck as a gasifier truck. I let them know that it really works, and that the tv show had planned it all out for the gasifier truck to not work for tv ratings.
Do Not expect this kind of technology to catch on until we run out of gas or the price of gas hits $10.00 a gallon. Then everyone will want a Electric car to drive. Face it, theres not very many people out there that like to get their hands dirty and like to smell like wood smoke in the USA, and also the maintenance that is involved in the operation of a gasification vehicle. How about the wood sweat of making fuel. Not until people have to, is how the same old story goes. But some day it will happen.

8 Likes

Bob, l think thats not the point most of us try to make. Geting masses to drive on wood is utopia and from a enviromental and economical wiew probably worse thain burning dino. I think the goal is to show people there are other ways. Its not all black and white. With what we do we show people we care by doing SOMETHING.

Edit: havent heared from you in a while Bob! Hope you are well and healthy.

10 Likes

hi matt no i didnt figure you would do it but like the people here are saying it is somthing to bat around and talk about. I am sorry to say I didnt see the mountain men. but if they didnt makes it work we have our answer. like yous were saying a charcoal gasifier would work for a short time any way.

3 Likes

I Agree with you, my point is not all but in general the American people are spoiled on the most part. You People on the other side of the pond are not. Some day the silver spoon will be taken completely out of the Amercan peoples mouths then you will hear us cry. At least the ones who are not ready for it to happen. The hand is on the spoon and is ready to pull it out.
Everything is going well here. We have Been busy working up on the new mining claim and the old ones on Blewett Pass, in Washington State you have to do your work reports on each claim every year to keep the claims valid and open to work. The new laws just went into affect on June 15 for how we can work the claims, the name of the game “compliance with the new laws” and working with and around them, with out breaking them. Lol wood/charcoal Gasification is simple compared to Washington State mining laws.
SWEM prospecting/mining.

9 Likes

The on-DOW Mountain Mens Woodgases Truck topic is still in our info here.
It was back in June 2014 started by Danny Cox

There is still a down loadable viewable short YouTube on the finished “working” truck finable under the tile search of; Mountain Men Eustace’s Gasifier Truck

Rereading this DOW topic I am struck how many member names done and gone now.
Remember Peter the hotrod car truck and motorcycle builder member here?
Maybe it is time for a motor-head presentation.

Just not gonna’ be me doing this entertaining anymore.
And with my force 'em past mandatory testing emmisions scofflaw history 1980’s thru . . . . much later; vehicle woodgasing for me in Washington State was never a possibility. A sure $$$$$$ fine then with possible jail time for me stepping outside my agreement box.
Ha! And I’ve never been able to convince Wifie to move out of state to leave my past behind.
So the Wife?
Or vehicle woodgas zoom-zoom?
I chose the Wife.
Actually know of three other fellows went the other way now. Sad Sad.
S.U.

6 Likes

Here’s the link to one of the short “Eustace” videos:

As usual, they have to make things look as bad as possible.
I’m an amateur blacksmith and that kind of treatment reminds me of why I quit watching “Forged in Fire” after the first few episodes. Every time a smith drops a piece of work onto the floor, you’d think the world had come to the end.

P.S. I deleted my just previous post because I had copied the wrong video link!

Pete Stanaitis

8 Likes