Vulcan Gasifier

Use your largest gasifier to feed a modified NG furnace or radiant gas fired tube heaters.

Unfortunately we don’t make enough to afford one of our big ones. We have two barrel stove kits on order now and a wood furniture manufacturer next door that will supply us all the fuel we can stuff into them :smile:

I do have a 2015 ES-IV for sale if anyone is interested. This is normally a $16,000.00 gasifier and we are going to let it go for $10,000.00 and will come with the management systems. The customer has decided they want to upgrade to the new technology slated for next year. We are working on replacing the hopper with a gravity feed hopper so we need to do this yet.

Well here is the first 2016 Flex R-1 machine, I built the electrical box tonight and will work on the fuel mixer system tomorrow. Should have this ready to run this weekend. :fire:

2 Likes

Looks good Matt R, that must be the one made too run the 12.000 watt generator around 5000, I could hook that too my plasma cutter.or mig welder and build all day long on wood chips.I run across anyone looking for a top notch unit i will send them your way.

2 Likes

The electronic fuel mixer controller is now available. It comes standard with a 1" valve but we can build up to 2" valves upon request. Pricing $950.00

5 Likes

Burning the machine in today, we ran the generator for an hour on full auto mode. The chips I have suck they are seasoned but have been left in the rain and are soaking wet. I got a clothes dryer at my disposal, we are going to dump some chips in that thing and see what happens lol :fire:

2 Likes

[quote=“Matt, post:205, topic:279”]
I got a clothes dryer at my disposal, we are going to dump some chips in that thing and see what happens lol :fire:[/quote]
Your genius is unsurpassed at times like this. :smiley:

1 Like

Well if you are in a pinch and need to dry your fuel this does work. What I did was wrap a load of chips in a bed sheet and zip tied the corners together. Our fuel is soaked, the meter we have wont even register. It took four full cycles to fully dry. I got this dryer at a second hand store for 25 bucks a few years ago. :fire:

3 Likes

Good enough for a pinch in time,on the wood drier idea.I only see the pics , no actual vidio of it working the generator, no gas in the tank this time, jokeing, I really like too see it plasma cutting some 1/4" plate off the generator, while powered with wood. :hourglass_flowing_sand: :dart: Nice work and nice setup.

Ok here is the Flex R-1 with Predator running under load in action!!

5 Likes

Have you tried the plasma cutter around 35 amps,or is that too much for the gasifier,Thanks

Our plasma cutter does not have the right plug or I would have tried it. 35 amps @ 220 V I is 7700 watts, this would be more than the rated 5 kW rated output. When we rate the machines we cut the generator output by 50% this gives the machine a reasonable rating that we know can be achieved. However, 70% of the power can be harnessed but conditions must be perfect and this is not always going to be the case.

2 Likes

Looking good Matt.

Thanks for the video :relaxed:

1 Like

I have a lotos cutter,and i havent measured the voltage yet though i thought the voltage was reduced too save on watts overall, have you checked the voltage while cutting on you plasma cutter,Thanks

Im launching a new company this week. This will become the parent company of Vulcan Gasifier LLC and the CNC machinery company. Im building the sign and hope to have it ready to go out front this week.

So we are open to services for you guys if you are interested. CNC parts and anything you can think of we can do. let me know if you are interested. :fire:

9 Likes

Hi Matt, do you mean you’ll cut and make chips for us or sell CNC machines?

Cheers…

2 Likes

We can fabricate any parts you need. CNC parts, machined parts, rolled parts etc. Just give us a design and Ill get you a quote.

The chips you are on your own there, we get ours from a local supplier.

1 Like

Cool, hope to do biz in the future.

Chips ahoy…

1 Like

I have a copy on my laptop somewhere, but someone had posted schematics for a “Rebak” chunker (I remember the words were Polish). I think the DOW site might have them in the Files as well.

I can’t afford one, but I’m curious to see what the price would be from you. I’d guess that there’s enough folks here on DOW that would be interested in one.

I can’t find the Files section via my phone or the link via search, but I do have a zip file with several diagrams and a “plot.log” file on my laptop. Do yous have an email I could send it to?

2 Likes

I could really use a cnc plas table right about now…

If you find those plans send em my way and ill take a look. I had my own idea on how to build one, but that is as far as I got.