Wayne's International 444 farm tractor project

I haven’t had time to clip the pasture so I have turned the project over to my son and the wood burner . A good after school project.

Yea , taking advantage of child labor and cheap fuel. :relaxed:

In the third picture the wood burner is still in the picture but is WAY over yonder!

Wood used __ The amount that wood grow on my farm in a few minutes. .

Gasoline used __ A few drops at start up, but takes millions years to form .

BBB

7 Likes

Judging from the size of your “child” I’d say you won’t have any issues with the “child” labor police . . .

2 Likes

The gas used to cost more than the labor, now it’s the other way around. Good job Tally.

3 Likes

That tractor mows a nice size yard,

1 Like

I have been real busy the last couple of weeks but hope to catch up a little soon .

Firing up the tractor this morning .

Short video of working the hay.

Fueling with wood I chunked just last week .

9 Likes

Ah, summertime. How nice it is to have a “filling station” of your own, and at home,

1 Like

I came in late yesterday just tired and beat :disappointed: Ate supper and was going to sit on the porch a little while before bed . I noticed the wood burner ( tractor ) already hooked to the bushog and a lot of weeds needing cut in the pasture . I fired it up and mowed the pasture until dark. Seem like rest and therapy . Smiling all the while :relaxed:

5 Likes

It’s the best part of the day, too bad we’re so tired. I won’t even start mowing till the sun is very low, 6 ish. .

1 Like

HI WAYNE good after noon, I gess I caint keep a good man down, finally slowing up with the rain here in MI. Glad that tractor works good summer and winter,i got one like that getting ready too set down in its pocket,soon as ASAP.And i get through rebuiling the truck.THANKS BBB

1 Like

Hello Kevin .

It rained here off and on most of the day but nothing real heavy . The ole tractor has somewhat of a small roof on it so I kept on mowing pasture without getting too wet . .

I ran a couple hoppers of wood which was about 4 hours .

4 Likes

That tractor runs quit a long time on that little bit of wood, you guys need the rain for the hot weather too bank up some extra hay, that will be nice.THANKS WAYNE

1 Like

I have a 21 foot bushog and a 75 horse power diesel tractor I could use to cut the pasture but free fuel and child labor is hard to beat :grinning:

Working the tractor as seen in the video it uses 10-15 pounds of wood per hour .

BBB

4 Likes

Hello Wayne.
Why do you mow the pastures , is it because of to much growth or some bad weeds in the grass ?
Calvin…

1 Like

Calvin,

Cut it and bale it in the summer, and store it in the barn for feeding in the winter.

1 Like

Hello Calvin,

If the pasture goes un mowed the weeds will take over in time and starve out the grass. Also the the fresh growth grass has much more nutrients and the cattle like it much better than older growth.

Kinda the same reason the Indians burned the plains grass ( old growth ) to attract the buffaloes ( new growth )

3 Likes

Yes Alex ,that’s what we do up here.

Hey Wayne I guess our cows can’t be as fussy.any hay that is cut will be baled up , never cut & left laying there.
We wood only get one cut a year unless irrigated.
Calvin…

2 Likes

Hello all,

The last week it has been hot in Alabama !! The heat index has been 100-110F.

I will work at more strenuous jobs until it gets real hot and then my son or myself will get on the wood burner and cut weeds . The last week we have averaged about 5 hours a day in the pastures wood burning .

Even with ambient temps near 100 and the gasifier close to the tractor radiator the motor temps never get over 180 .

BBB

3 Likes

Good Morming Wayne.
It’s going to be 82 today & 70 tomorrow.
How can you people stand that heat ?
I remember once hauling bales when the temp hit a 105 back in the late fifties .I was young then & liked to chase girls ,so I only had a couple hours of sleep the night before.buy that was tough!!
Calvin…

2 Likes

“How can you people stand that heat ?”

Calvin,

We keep thinking about when we get to wear short sleeves in January. It’s all relative, brother - enjoy your summer, and we’ll enjoy our winter.

2 Likes