Wayne's International 444 farm tractor project

Hello all.

Today I used the dakota and the ole tractor . The dakota has enough speed and power to run circles around the tractor but there are some jobs the dakota wants no part of and the ole tractor doesn’t seem to mind . .

knocking down cow patties .

1 Like

That is quite a redneck manure spreader you have there Wayne:-)
The tractor sounds real nice.
A while back you mentioned that you are chunking your wood a little smaller for the tractor. What size do you feel is optimal for that 10 inch fire tube? What were you experiencing that caused that decision?

1 Like

Sure beats shoveling it out of a barn. I’ll bet that’s a job that would not get done if one had to burn gasoline . Yes that tractor sure dose sound real nice.BBB

1 Like

Hey Wayne I use to use same thing with a piece of chain link fence lag screwed under the post did a fine job flatting em out : )

1 Like

Have you seen a lot of bear around there, or wild bores

1 Like

Hello Don.

Thanks for the comment.

I think if wood was too big for the 10 inch burn tube bridging would be the first warning signs. I haven’t had any issues so I am running the the same wood that was cut for the trucks .

The picture below is a typical shovel of wood. Several pieces are over 4 inches side to side and goes from there to small splinters and dust .

Hey Kevin,

No bear or hogs in my area. ( The rattlesnakes ate them all ) :slight_smile:

1 Like

I had a nice visit today from Nicholas Grunert, ( new member ) western New York. We road a while in the V-10 Ram then took the dakota out for a spin and finished off the day playing with the tractor .

Hey Nick , hurry up and get that lap top so you can join in .

Wayne

1 Like

Short sleeves and jeans?!?!?!?! it’s going to be -14 tonight!

Hello Joe.

Nick said he left two foot of snow in the Buffalo New York area yesterday . Hard for me to imagine !! Two inches of snow down here will shut everything down .

1 Like

Wayne if we hit 90 degrees here in the summer everyone freaks out, cooling centres open and public service anouncements air warning people about the dangers of heat…

1 Like

it takes 2 feet overnight to get a snow day off from school for the kids .it finally hit 30 or so today heat wave I was almost in short sleevs well at least unzipped my full body suit good times .nice to see another northerner on the list welcome Nicholas .paul

2 Likes

Kids get a snow day here if the buses can’t start (too cold) or can’t move (too much snow). We’ve had a few of them this year.

1 Like

Below is a short video of working my driveway. I work the ole tractor about all day , it run real good .

We had a lot of rain this morning and over night and I know there will be plenty of mud to deal with now .

4 Likes

Great running rig there Wayne. Come and fix my drive when you’re done, it’s on a hill so more fun than flat.

3 Likes

MR Wayne hard at work,the old tractor oil preasure looks better than my old 2500 truck,it warms up and sits about 35 lbs, about 5 lbs lower than usual hot oil psi, it may be the old gauge wore out,good wood learning motor anyway after i get the head gaskits replaced it might stop missing, usualy stops when wormed up few miles.Wonder if the snake venom is worth much too farm.

1 Like

Hello Carl ,

Thanks for the comment.

Don’t like the hills when operating a tractor . I have been lucky enough to walk away from three tractor turn overs and that is plenty for me.

Hello Kevin,

" Wonder if the snake venom is worth much too farm. "

Someone would need to get deep in their pocket to pay me to raise SNAKES. I hate snakes !

2 Likes

I dont blame you for that Wayne,That would be one creepy job keeping track of rattlers for venom farming.I was thinking you may have tryed that job, after hereing about your wild bull catching. Well not that one, only so many years and and time too this short visit.SWEM.

1 Like

How much are you getting for 2/4"s economy length,can they be used for home building in any countys there in alibama.

2 Likes

Hello Kevin,

When I have lumber to sale it is about $450 per thousand BF for pine . A 2x4 eight foot long would be about $2.40 each .

No inspection in my county , some of the citys in the county may have some type of inspection ?

1 Like

Thats a fair price, just checking the variables,thanks for the info,
contomplateing gorgia or alibama,gota fix mine up quite a bit before trying to sell.dont look like i am getting cought up till after june, wish i could had my truck ready by argoes,catch you’s at the next meeting hopefully,Safe trips, SWEM

1 Like