Wayne's International 444 farm tractor project

Wayne, you better put a trickle charger on the battery of your little Chinese tractor in case you might want to start it a few years from now:-)

1 Like

Yes Don ,

My little Chinese diesel has had a good rest this summer :slight_smile:

1 Like

Wayne… as of yesterday I can no longer access any new post . It just says access denied, and yes I am logged in. I have E-mailed Chris but don’t know if he has read his E-mail since I sent it to him. I can’t even post new stuff under my build section. Was wondering if you could maybe see what is wrong for me. I was able to go back to this post of yours but nothing newer will let me access it.
Thanks

Gary

1 Like

Good Morning brother Gary.

I just clicked on you post and it works fine for me. Maybe Chris or others can offer some advise . Any computer question I would try to answer would just show how dumb I am with these things. I have been running the wheels of the wood burner this morning and seem to have no problem with them but I think I was born about 50 years too late to understand this computer tech.

Thanks again for the videos you posted .

1 Like

Thanks Wayne…I got a feeling our intelligence is pretty close to the same when it comes to the computer stuff. I was able to get into your thread but mine and others just says access denied. I got a feeling it will take Chris a whole 2 seconds to be able to tell us what is wrong…lol.

1 Like

Gary,

I didn’t get your email, but I sent you one. Everything should be working again!

1 Like

This morning I had a visit from Robert Etienne and wife Cindy from Evansville IN . We put several miles on the Dakota.

This afternoon a visit from Dr. Kevin Whitty and Dr. Eric Eddings. ( University of Utah )

We put a few miles on the dakota Idling around and on to the big road where I showed out a little . Parked it and fired the V-10 . With the V-10 Ram we put a few miles down, we drove around the Walmart parking lots and a little off roading . Also fired up the ole tractor a while .

Picture below Kevin and Eric all smiles

1 Like

Wow Wayne!
It looks like both of those professors have gasification backgrounds already. Is their interest for practical use? I’m real curious what prompted their visit. You definitely the best person to represent wood gas in everyday use.

1 Like

ON The one and only wayne keith and chris saeze to make complete big engine plans, that have been proved and tested, holding the speed record on wood gas taboot.THANKS WAYNE, CHRIS, AND THE OTHER HELPERS.I would have never got it this good.

1 Like

They are writing a book on gasification entitled " IF THIS NUT CAN DO IT , ANYBODY CAN " :slight_smile:

They are conducting a student project at there university to build and mount a gasifier on a pickup truck and have joined the DOW I’m sure we can learn as much from them as them from us . .

Both are real nice guys and seem like one of us .

BBB

1 Like

What an honor Wayne! You are teaching Drs. Yes, I anticipate to see their input they can share with us.

1 Like

Hey Arvid

No snow here for picture back ground , just mud. If we were to have any snow I would look sporty driving the IH with these cloves :slight_smile:

Hi Wayne, I found an old Holzgas tractor parade that is real neat to watch. I see old tractors everywhere in Oregon that are just sitting and waiting for a gasifier to bring them back to life. Gordon Holzgas-Traktoren im Einsatz - YouTube

1 Like

Yes very neat video :slight_smile:

1 Like

I found out that I need to open my hopper with my poker if I want to keep my whiskers.

1 Like

Great video!
Thanks for posting.
TerryL

1 Like

Thanks for posting!

That’s funny Jim, we never know what they are going to do, do we? I couldn’t believe the one guy in the video with his head right over the top of his open hopper while he was poking it, I would never do that!

1 Like

Wayne,

Just from looking…it looks like your 444 has the same engine as my International H. I think my H is 28 horse power if I’m not mistaken. I think this will be my next project after the truck. I have always used it for my buzz saw and raking hay. Will be a good fit as a wood burner If it is comparable.

Bryan

1 Like

A hot, or even warm wood hopper ALWAYS gets opened with the poker on my truck. And always expect a flash with the hot smoking wood hopper. Great video, but I don’t under the extended poking and prodding of the wood.

1 Like

Good morning brother Bryan.

Yes , Looks like they may have the same motor .

http://www.tractordata.com/farm-tractors/000/3/3/331-international-harvester-444-engine.html

http://www.tractordata.com/farm-tractors/000/2/9/290-farmall-h.html

1 Like