Wayne's V-10 Ram

Good morning all.

Rough weather this weekend in the Southeast US.

Lot of wind and rain but the wood is still burning good.

8 Likes

WOW Wayne you folks really got nail’ed with rain we all thank god you missed the Tornatos, GA certenly needs our prayers and or help if posible.

3 Likes

Hello Kevin and thanks for the comment .

Yes we had wind and hard rain but the bad stuff missed us. Our prayers are with the communities that got hit.

4 Likes

One thing that I am grateful for living in the north east my biggest concern is how long does it take to shovel out from a big snow storm. The weather is just isn’t as dangerous as some other places. My prayers go out to those who have been in harms way as well.

2 Likes

The wood burners are running great and driving daily . :slight_smile:

6 Likes

I love these driving vids you do Wayne. Your YouTube vids made me a believer in the real practical everyday use of wood gas. Please keep SWEM, and recording it - inspirational stuff for us guys just starting out! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Thanks for the comment Mr. Will .

Wish you were down here so I could take you for some rides . The pictures and videos are OK but nothing compared to setting in the seat and watching the countryside go by :grinning:

3 Likes

The old v10 is racking up a lot of trouble free miles on wood gas, exoust sounds good and the grass looks like its turning green. A lot of Nice back country you have out your way, i have quite a bit of back roads out here i can use while dow driveing Happy SWEM.Thanks

1 Like

How many miles does the V10 have on wood now, Wayne?

1 Like

Good morning Chris .

I have put 28,000 miles on the truck but a lot of these miles are with the truck working ( hours) . The amount of hours and wood run through this truck would equal 40-50K on one of the highway driven dakotas :relaxed:

Uses no oil between changes :grinning:

8 Likes

Good morning Mr.Keith that was the country vidio i was looking for keep them comeing.BBB

2 Likes

Out and about in the V-10

5 Likes

Man, you are just swimming in fuel down there!

That’s got to be a real pain for the seeders to wallow through. Too bad someone didn’t follow the cutters with a chipper operation.

I saw a couple of guys walking with buckets. Are they seeding that field by hand??? Is that your field? I don’t know whether pulp wood is up or down but they have been clear cutting the H— out of our woods and nothing is getting re-seeded. The DNR who owns a lot of the land tell us, the trees will reseed on their own just as fast. Everyone else use to reseed. I think they are just getting greedy.TomC

Around here we don’t reseed old forest stands they do come back quickly. I think it depends on the types of trees you want. Black cherry trees around here seem to pop up out of the blue everywhere. I asked the forester about it and he said the seeds for black cherry and some of the other really hard shelled nuts will last up to 70 years in the ground and start to grow when the forest opens up enough that they get light on the ground. So with that in mind an old forest stand has alot of seeds waiting for the light of day.

Usually you don’t reseed, and you just replant. The forest -should- grow back, but in a lot of places they are required to replant. A lot of forestry places do it because of the requirement, but you also tend to get better yields since you are spacing more correctly.

Hello Mr. Tom .

The video didn’t show but there may be as many as 20 workers planting seedlings . Trying to plant in rows the best they can . The land is not mine, it belongs to

they own several thousand acres in my area.

1 Like

I think by now you have figured I prefer replanting a forest. It use to be a common practice up here. The rows were straight and spacing was consistent and the wood was more uniform in type and size. They also “harvested” the trees. They didn’t just come in and cut them down; when the canopy got closed in, they came in and cut every other tree. They gained a little money from the small logs but most opened the canopy up to help the growth of the trees. By the time they thinned the woods two or three times they ended up with a consistent crop of nice saw logs— or a lot of telephone poles. TomC

3 Likes

You just reminded me, I need to see what happened to the project that had a robotic tree planter. :slight_smile: I have been on the back of a tree planter machine, used a dibble and a shovel. Getting the spacing right is a bit tricky.