Wayne's V-10 Ram

Working the ole wood burner :relaxed:

6 Likes

Daily routine with the wood burner.

6 Likes

I love your vdeos, but I just have to tease you that your whole daily routine is 1:52 :slight_smile:

Good morning WK Your design seems too run clean burn wood fuel and cool too the out side houseing temps. You sound like you needed you winter coat, would seem warm up this way.65 f.

It may be Saturday but it is still a work day for the ole wood burner :relaxed:

12 Likes

Great for the old wood burner working on a Saturday. To bad that means us old operators have to work to.
Looks like nice logs. Should make almost clear lumber.

1 Like

All that green grass sure does look nice about now. Still have alot if snow here. Nice looking logs. I spend my day working in splitting my wood to fill my shed back up a little.

1 Like

Good stuff Wayne ! Living the dream

Thanks Craig.

The ole work truck got to rest this morning but I put about 30 miles on the Dakota :relaxed:

4 Likes

Good evening Wayne K you make the wood gas operator part look easy ,wish my truck idled that good, think i have some operator practice too go. Thanks

2 Likes

Hi Wayne - if you’re passing through here…

Is there any reason why your WK gasifier would not run on wood pellets? I understand there is an issue with condensation and potential pellet disintegration, but if this were overcome (torrefied pellets) would they work in your style of gasifier?

Thanks,

Will

Hello Will

I have very little experience with wood pellets so please don’t hold me to my answer .

There is a ratio or relationship that should maintained in the gasifier of fuel surface area and reaction area, size or volume .

With the HUGE surface area of wood pellets the reaction size and volume ( diameter of choke and distance from choke to nozzles ) would need to be very small.

If you use wood chips or pellets in a gasifier designed for wood blocks it will run cold and make tar and in my case bent push rods . ( 460 ford 3/4 ton 12 years ago ) :cry:

Also as you have stated the disintegration of the pellets.

3 Likes

Thanks - just curious what your take was - even though you’ll never run them :slight_smile:

Delivering lumber fueled by the lumber scraps :grin:

14 Likes

Good morning Wayne K what size building are you supplying lumber for,it sure is cooling off another week or so around here.How far is it from your saw blade too the end of your mill track may i ask. Thanks.:smile_cat:

Hello Kevin .

It will be a 32 x 12 dogtrot with 8 x 32 foot front porch and 10 foot shed front and back .

Almost 14 feet . I can saw a 16 foot log OK but my mill tracks are just a few inches short to saw 18 foot lumber .

The log carriage is 10 foot long .

1 Like

Thanks Wayne Keith for the measurments, that band saw sure cuts some smooth lumber. I may build one before i retire from shop work. I got the toyota motor in my s10 with all the wire harnis changed out and steering coulum, now i am heading out too run the fuel pump wireing and tail lights. Got too brace up the dash too mount the toy speedle dash component, and leave a place for radio and wood gas instramentation, serprizing the head light wires were the same and reached, i found one match. Plug by the mass air sensor and fixed the ground problem. The burn tube hopper unit sits best in center, leaving room for near full barrel, after lower bar suports. Running the reverse fans reaally help with empty refills on my big truck.BBB hopeing too get over what average dakota mile pound, 80 or 100 miles too refill on junk soft wood .anyway SWEM, DOW,HWWT. Yeeehaa funfunfun builders paridice.

3 Likes

Hello all,

I haven’t been doing a lot of posting but I have been burning a lot of wood :relaxed:

I believe today is the first time I have ever gotten stuck in the hay field , even with 4 wheel drive. The higher hay ground is OK to do hay but the lower land is very , very soft from last weeks floods.

The last couple of days I was able to get in enough hay to feed 3-4 weeks or to make a BUNCH of hay filters :grin:

HWWT

13 Likes

Get ready wayne. We’ve had 4 days of sunshine. Get ready for another 5 days of flood. Supposed to start tonight about midnight. Time to head back in to the shop I suppose.

Nice to see you putting the wood to good use. I am heading out to bale my first hay of the year once the dew is off it should go. Then tomorrow we get rain here. I will probably finish mowing my recovery weed fields tomorrow before the showers come then Saturday start to really put my hay equipment to use.
Those round bales sure do look nice. I still do the small square bales they sell better around here.

3 Likes