Wayne's V-10 Ram

Hello Kevin

On my V-10 I punch a small hole in the cab behind the passenger seat and run a small cable through it. Also I put a screw where the cable can be looped over when dumping .

I used a small pulley to change the angle on the cable.

I use a ball valve that has been loosened a little as Cody explained . .

I added a lever to get the correct angle to open and close the valve. A spring holds the valve closed when not in use.

The dakota is a little different. I punched ( not drill ) a small hole in the tool box . Notice the screw that the cable loops over when in use.

I use a small piece of tubing to run the cable through the tool box and direct it under the truck .

11 Likes

OK thanks Wayne K - that looks like the way too garrentee it is in proper location- as you can tell by the cable distance moved . THANKS for sharing your added feature/ I like that feature too. I will be adding that to my dakota build sooner or later.

5 Likes

A real nice day to go for a ride if no gasoline is involved :grinning:

13 Likes

Wayne: - JO, got anything to say?
Me: - I shut the gasifier down this morning, coming home from a nightshift, but I haven’t figured out yet where to go today, or what to say. Plenty of wood, but words and destinations don’t come as easy :smile:
Thanks for the ride.

10 Likes

Well it sure seems to me that you both are the rare, rare birds who are using your woodgassed rigs nearly daily for work.
J.O. for commuting.
WayneK for fields/livestock inspecting and management. Winter haying was done. Calving season now, still.
S.U.

8 Likes

This video shows mixing in a little gasoline while merging into fast traffic going up hill.

12 Likes

Hey Wayne, did you just use the dash light dimmer for hybrid driving? I thought I read that somewhere.

Garry C

2 Likes

He uses a rheostat, but a PWM would really be best for DC motor pump application. I call them both a rheostat most of the time.

1 Like

Hello Garry .

I use a dash light dimmer but it is fully on or fully off with the exception of a very short period that I may use the rheostat portion to make the transition smooth .

The truck computer handles the hybrid driving .

7 Likes

Thanks for the hibrid free way enter- your v10 seems to really work well with wood JUST like the dakotas- I can see why you hibrid in a few drops of petro- them free ways in that area seem too be flying speeds.They look like there driving 85 mph in a 70 mph zone. caint wait to get my v8 dakota running good on wood-so i can feel good while passing a few petro stations.

7 Likes

Just showing a few minutes of a wood gasers day :blush:
Cold start of gasifier to wife spending my money at a store :confused:

Have Wood Will Travel

15 Likes

That’s a real symbiotic relationship y’all have, you wanna drive around and she wants to go shopping!

10 Likes

Hey Cody .

As soon as we pulled up to the house I asked if she forgot anything at the store and if so we could run back and get it :blush:

13 Likes

Yup I can hear it now Wayne, oh no I forgot to tell you I drank the last of the butter milk before we left to go shopping, we just have to go back and get another quart. He he. It’s only a little wood to get back to the store.
Bob

10 Likes

Yeah, while you’re at the store, get us a jug of milk too.
Oh, wait a minute - I’ll pass on that - it’s wet and cold over here too :blue_car::zap::fire:

6 Likes

You guys are still like teen agers. I’m still waiting for someone to build one of those star trek transporters so I never have to drive anywhere.

7 Likes

That would be something - a wood powered beaming machine… Proffessors @Tone and @Woodrunner - any ideas?

6 Likes

For real Mr. Bob .

I drank the last butter milk at breakfast this morning and it might require another DOW trip to the store :grinning:

13 Likes

While everybody is in a jolly mood . . .

Wayne, you walked all the way around your truck, but didn’t open the door for your wife. Were you afraid she would faint, fall out on the pavement, and hurt herself.

11 Likes

Hello Steve

I have a real good wife and I am trying my best not to spoil her :blush:

11 Likes