Wayne's V-10 Ram

Steve Bowman

For You

15 Likes

Now you done it. She’ll be wanting you to put the toilet seat down next.

7 Likes

You’re a real gentleman, Wayne.

9 Likes

Just a typical day with the wood burner . I may put down some unnecessary miles today because it is too wet to work outside but dry in the truck :blush:

15 Likes

Wife and I have been out Sunday visiting and I can’t think of anything to video that I haven’t already :blush:

Here is just a very short one as it is getting dark on the way home .

12 Likes

I think DOW will fit about 1% of the population but for those it fits like a nice glove .

You know who you are :blush:

10 Likes

Mr. Wayne, it’s always nice to ride with you, even if I don’t understand everything you say, but you certainly inspire us to imitate you. This 25 year old van, old German quality, will get a wood gasification unit in the back, …

14 Likes

Very nice looking vehicle !!

Please keep us posted .

8 Likes

Hi Tone. You are a clever man. And an excellent fabricator.
You need to study the old Saab 95/96, then 99’s engine hoods pop-up; slide; then hinge pivot tip forwards movements. Slider side van doors do a similar pop open/pop shut movement.
Study the later Mercedes Vans rear doors double pin shackle hinges too.

Convert that top simple hinged rear cargo door to pop-out at the top first; and then move up some. Only then with clearance made; pivot up and fully open.
S.U.
Edit add. The Saab hood’s movement at 8:30 ->9:15 minutes:

Note the brackets and hinges movements. And note the across torsion rods to soften the hood opening let down.
For those rear lift gates, turn this opening movements from horizontal to vertical.

7 Likes

A lot of innovation but engineering isn’t everything. He traded a 1962 T bird and still had to pony up some cash. OMG.

Now we’re talking. I noticed it’s a TDI. Tone, is your plan to take on a diesel/WG turbo challange??? What about the pickup?

That’s 1/100. Probably not far from the truth.
We used to mention 1/1 000 000 are using woodgas, which means the number of people woodgasing could easily 1000-fold. What’s stopping them? My guess is knowlidge and easy to follow instructions. I truly believe the old complicated WW2 drawings and the exact decimal Imbert charts scare a lot of suitable people off. If they all were to visit DOW, things would clear up for most of them. I hope I make myself clear about being grateful to this site.
Yesterday I used the Mazda pickup for a couple of hours pulling the tractor trailer here and there. All within one hopper’s range. Today I used the Volvo into town for a couple arrends. 30 miles maybe - well within one hopper’s range. Time of sacrifice for DOWing - only a few minutes of lightup each day. Outside one of the stores I had a gentleman asking me questions about the car. It turned out he once lived neighbour to the late Grånäs Ivar (who coined the phrase “leaks, leaks and leaks”) , who hosted the 2017 woodgas meetup I visited with the Rabbit puckup.
End of rambling mode…

12 Likes

JO, I already mentioned that I will try to make a “universal” unit for gasification of wood, which I can install in the back of the van on a carrier, or behind the cab of a truck (Mazda).

8 Likes

Sorry Tone! My most outstanding personal quality is the ability to forget. Constantly improving as time goes by :smile:

11 Likes

Right JO, without the forum a lot of people would have stranded. A book or a complete gasifier is a good and easy start, but nothing more then that. The other 75% starts from there.
Thanks Chris and Mr Wayne. Whitout your effort woodgas would have died.

And again JO, I didnt dare to ask, a turbo? Realy cant wait Tone :grinning:

9 Likes

I am about a month behind with hay cutting and logs piling up to be sawed . Running just as fast as an old worn out man can go :upside_down_face:

16 Likes

That’s amazing. Clearly the next step is to move up to V12, haha. If anyone has a gasified truck that they’re moving away from, I wouldn’t mind picking one up that’s already converted.

4 Likes

Oh lord. I just realized that the Post I was
responding to was way up near the top. Haha. Looks like I got some catching up reading to do

4 Likes

Yes Thomas

Time flies !!

I just realized The thread started over 11 years ago .

9 Likes

Nothing special at all, just turned the camera on for a few minutes during daily use .

Happy fathers day to all :slightly_smiling_face:

11 Likes

Sometimes it’s the calm days that mean the most. Hope you’re having a good day, and a good day to all

8 Likes