Wayne's V-10 Ram

Happy 4th of July to all.

I just bought a new phone this last week and hope to learn how to use it before it becomes obsolete.

I couldn’t think of much to video so I walked around my old work truck .

14 Likes

That was a great video walk around on the Dodge V-10 work truck, now 12 years old on wood gas Wayne, I like the ending of the video with DRIVEONWOOD.COM on the tailgate.

8 Likes

I agree with Bob Mac,and you are getting a lot of miles out of the v10 on almost all wood gas miles, about how many miles you think the v10 has on wood,after 12 years. That’s for to be the best made burn tube,and gasifier design. is this the original burn tube or second one, I think you changed only the hopper once? STAY COOL , STAY COOL,OUR FRIEND WAYNE KEITH.

8 Likes

Hello Kevin

The speedometer doesn’t work and the mileage would be a guess but I think at least 50K .

I have had a burn through of the fire tube some years back. I took the opportunity to change the route of the incoming air and preheat to bring the build up to date .

8 Likes

I bet that really helped__ I am trimming down steel to get my cold air inlet_ through the added heat exchanger from the book_ I pinned the cold air pipe about 6" from my air going into the main heat exchanger, so I had to make a square corner elbow to clear the gasifier frame bracket. I there is a way too make a mistake I will find it–It seems sometimes. Then I think I make a muffler like on your v10 to warm up air intake .

6 Likes

Do you have 2 fans under the hood of your work car?

1 Like

Good morning Jan .

There are no fans under the hood. I do have fans under the bed of the truck at the rear .

You can notice two pop off valves ( big check valves ) under the hood that look very much like small fans .

8 Likes

Excuse me if I interfere, it is good to have the starter blower installed behind the gas cooler, that way we push the initial “dirty” gas into the surroundings and do not lubricate the filter and the rest of the installation, well, this blower should work for a short time, and then I would start the blower, which would push fresh air through the nozzles of the gasifier, since this way we heat up the hot zone much faster. This method also preserves the durability of the blowers themselves, at least that’s what I think. :woozy_face::thinking:

5 Likes

That makes good sense, though if you see the way Wayne cold start all his trucks, it seems too work the sooner heat up ready too roll, and he has no fan failures that I know of.?? If your fans fail using them as the book says, it is likely that your wood had too much moisture in it.

4 Likes

Testing new phone camera .

I am about a month behind with hay cutting but going as fast as I can :slightly_smiling_face:

17 Likes

OK wayne how much those round bales weigh and how far have you delivered them down the back roads. at about 45 MPH ? THANKS - Thanks for posting the real wood gas DOG- your v10 work horse DODGE. AND you have to be a work horse too working in some of this heat wave weather= Glad your getting caught up.THATS AMAZING WHAT YOU GET DONE WITH V10 ON WOOD FOR FUEL.

7 Likes

Hello Kevin

Those hay rolls weigh 6-800 pounds .
The round trip to the hay field is 8-10 miles .
I usually haul in 2-300 rolls a year .

12 Likes

Testing camera V-10 Ram

13 Likes

Evnin Mr Wayne! That’s a better than usual camera. Even uploaded to Youtube we can really enjoy the beauty of your neighborhood.

8 Likes

Gomer sez, “Citizen’s arrest.” I’m pretty sure that wasn’t a full stop at that stop sign.

8 Likes

I see you got some nice cloud cover in the deep south-its been much cooler this last week- i bet its cooler down south too you folks- I start melting down around 90 f up here in michigan. ARE you getting enough hay this year for your cattle- or did you alibama state dodge most of the drought.?

2 Likes

Tom, it is a STOP, Skid Tires On Pavment, the truck can keep moving.

5 Likes

I am about 6-7 weeks behind on farming but trying to make every stroke count :smiley:

6 Likes

Hi @Wayne, it says that the video is private unfortunately

1 Like

I have fallen behind and can’t catch up :slightly_smiling_face:

15 Likes