Wayne's V-10 Ram

Yes Bob , but I don’t let her drive on the highway . She has trouble seeing over the steering wheel :smiley:

13 Likes

Hmm…short sleeves and windows down :tired_face:

7 Likes

Cold ,wet and windy morning but it is warm and dry in the cab of the wood burner .

11 Likes

Wayne, you asked if we had any questions. One that comes to mind is - where do you usually DOW to do away with some wood on days like these? I shut the gasifier down this morning coming home from a nightshift. When I woke up I couldn’t come up with a destination. I have no cows to circle around, no groceries needed and the weather didn’t allow for forestry activities. Any suggestions?

8 Likes

Do you have a brother in DOW distance you could visit ?

10 Likes

That’s good advice - thank you. Nowdays there are actually several within a hopper’s range👍

12 Likes

Sorry, I guess I misread. No, I have no brothers, but for the past couple years several brother-in-DOWs :smile:

14 Likes

I have a brother about a half bucket away and Mom is about a bucket :slightly_smiling_face:

12 Likes

How about DOW brothers like the brother hood of DOW. I consider us all brothers to that.
Brother DOW Jan-Ole Olsson of SWEDEN.

11 Likes

Just a hunch, but i suspect it would be more then a 1 bucket trip for Jan to visit you.

9 Likes

BBBBB! (Burn Baby Burn Brother Bob) :smile:

8 Likes

Back in the old days my grandfather and great grandfather measured distances in axle greasing .

Many folks here on the DOW measure distances in hoppers, pounds .sacks and buckets :smiley:

I will be out for a three bucket trip as I finish this typing :slightly_smiling_face:

16 Likes

Some people with small kids measure distance in numbers of icecreams :yum:

11 Likes

Wow I never thought I would have my own personal acronym of B’s on DOW site, and also the bees to take care of that gives me back honey too. I am blessed.

11 Likes

Hey Wayne…Hows everything going down your way?

11 Likes

Hello Gary .

It is real good to hear from you . Hope you and family are well there in Kansas .

Here in Alabama we are trying to stay dry. We are under a flood watch and a lot of water falling . Real glad me and the cows know how to swim :slightly_smiling_face:

My ole ford wood burner from several years back.

13 Likes

Hello All

In the past I have mentioned that if the average person were riding with me and no high speeds , hill climbing or heavy acceleration were needed I doubt they could distinguish the difference driving on gasoline or wood.

I watched the video and listened with the headphones but I can’t tell much difference in the tone of the motor at these speeds and throttle .

However I have noticed a moderate pain in the right hip when on gasoline vs a wide smile on my face with wood :grinning: :grinning:

15 Likes

That probably has to do with your lead foot more then anything. :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Hello Sean
The area on my hip near my wallet where the most pain seems :grinning:

12 Likes

I never thought of it! It probably happens to wealthy people, their body has adjusted to having fat wallets stacked with cash all the time, and it creates an imbalance when the money disappears. LOL

8 Likes