Wayne's V-10 Ram

Thank you for the not so boring video ride with you Wayne. The cattle crop you are rising look great. And as usual the wood burner truck is idling along just fine. This shows a well tuned gasifier.

7 Likes

I am surprised how good that small cooling rack works out on the big V10 cylinder DODGE–Is there any tricks too that small cooling rack too make it work on the big dodge.THANKS.NICE idle vidio ,it sure idles a good long time before the gasifier gets too cool to make clean tar free gas. What temp would you say the gas exits the hay filter on the V10 VS the dakotas.THANKS.

A good heat exchanger to take the heat out of the outgoing woodgas.

The woodgas coming out of the hay filter should be just above the ambient temperature .

5 Likes

THANKS wayne for the fast reply- I was watching your first vidio on this v 10 thread or what they call it- you menchend the heat temp out of the filter was 300 F so you probley meant the heat out of the heat exchanger drop-box filter. I got a extra long heat exchanger on my dakota build, so i should be ok with my smaller cooling rack anyway.Thanks.

While wife and I were DOW I turned the camera on a few minutes

15 Likes

Real time cold start of V-10.

Trying to film a cold start by yourself is kinda like driving an old B61 triplex Mack . A third hand and arm would be real nice :smiley:

13 Likes

Mr. Wayne, thank you for the nice presentation, it all seems so easy with you.

8 Likes

Hey Goran

Your DOW video of your nice back country inspired me to video a little of my out back :slightly_smiling_face:

14 Likes

Thanks for the outback video, Mr Wayne. Itś amazing how similar young growth pine looks at a completly different latitude. I remember your video from when the area closer to your driveway was clear cut, and now the growth is already 10 ft tall. That would probably take a little longer up here, but still. At least another 70-100 years until fit for saw logs.
In the late 1600s king Karl XII ordered oak to be planted on the island of Visingsö in lake Vättern (close to Göranś neck of the woods). He wanted to make sure we had the material to build war ships 400 years into the future. Just resently the local authorities reported to the ministry of defense that those oaks were now ready to be harvested :smile:

14 Likes

Thanks for the video mr Wayne, there is some difference in weather i believe?
Well, as i am a swede, i would complain about the weather anyhow, too hot, too cold, too rainy, too dry…and so on :rofl:

8 Likes

This will be interesting to see your country new war ships made of oak.

9 Likes

Here in Michigan there is a saying “if you don’t like the the weather right now, just wait a minute”

11 Likes

I hear that is a saying in North Carolina, too. Maybe it is universal??

8 Likes

Common saying up here in Alberta too! I’ve seen it go from -30c to +20c in just a few hours when the Chinook winds blow!

6 Likes

No one noticed a lone wolf among a flock of sheep :slightly_smiling_face:

have wood will travel

14 Likes

Just a normal day of DOW :smiley:

17 Likes

Hello all

We have had some cold weather in Alabama this last week and I am no good at handling it. Although I can stay in the house , burn some wood and stay warm or burn a little less in the truck and stay just as warm :slightly_smiling_face:

17 Likes

We were rained out today from working so we went out running errands with the Ram

I wanted to video something but could not think of anything so I just turned the camera on for just a minute anyway .

19 Likes

This is another boring video but look over me if you will. I am still trying to learn videoing and uploading to YouTube :slightly_smiling_face:

19 Likes

Is Lisa driving the truck? Good for you, I knew you were a Proverbs type of women.

5 Likes