Wood supply

Hello Bob Mac

I took your advice and chunked that chunk much smaller .

Should be good for several miles :grinning:

12 Likes

Wayne, when you go with logs do you split them thin enough to chunk, or do you buck them down and just keep splitting them?

5 Likes

Hey Cody .

I had rather deal with limbs and smaller timber but this piece was a cull and I didn’t want to waste it.

With this chunk I had to hammer and wedge it down light enough for me to get it on the log spliter and take them down to the size safe enough for the chunker . This oak could be rough for the chunker .

10 Likes

Should we change Wayne, I made some from a dry spruce, I would like to try oak?

12 Likes

Hello Jan

I ran pine for about 15 years but have switched to oak . Seems like I have less soot .

Seems like the oak eliminated cleaning ( burning ) out the intake manifold .

12 Likes

A nice pile of neatly bagged spruce for a big pile of chunked oak sitting on some metal roofing. It almost seems like an even trade…(after shipping). :rofl:

2 Likes

Interesting, have you noticed any difference in the motor, does it react slower on oak than on pine?
It agrees well with what I experience with pure spruce, I get a lot of soot in the cyclone, have never gotten so much before, and less in the unit.

1 Like

Good morning Jan.

I haven’t noticed any difference in motor performance but I have noticed more soot when running pine .

4 Likes

It’s time - finally!
Nothing like the looks and smell of wood, freshly cut and split. The white moist flesh steaming in the sunshine…Hm…I get carried away…:sweat_smile:

Several years I’ve been all done with firewood prep this time of year, but spring is late this time. Still only a dent in the log pile and lot’s of fun ahead.

14 Likes

I am wondering if this spruce behind the barn is not last tree standing in whole Sweden.

6 Likes

So carried away that you are dual spliting? Is Walter man enough or you just dont tell his mom?

Today I came in my shop after a few days working out. I thought is no one the toilet anymore but the floor around it? Then I thought about the piss-willow. A little to moist to burn and drying here for a few months. :grinning:

Glad I planted a few black alder.

6 Likes

Careful what you say JO. If my wife reads this I won’t be able to go work on the wood pile. Some things need to be kept just between us guys.

8 Likes

Kamil, 2/3 of the country is forest. Can’t keep up with the growth :grin:

Unfortunately I haven’t seen Walter around for a while. He would be needed now.
What you see in the backgound is the saw. I dragged it around the corner just for cutting these first ornamental rows. The bulk part is going straight into the shed later on.

Sorry! Too late. Wife saw me writing it.
She did roll here eyes, but since praising is rare among Scandinavians, I took that as a compliment :smile:

13 Likes

Inspiring J-O, had to get some from an old pile before mother nature takes it back, now nice therapy work ahead with little thinking and much feelgood feelings involved :blush:

Edit, forgot the picture

11 Likes

That’s not fair, Johan - equipment wise. That load would probably take me a full hour and a lot of sweat to load.

9 Likes

That is true, I’m fortunate that my grandpa decided to buy this one back in the day

10 Likes

Would you make a firewood processor and power it with solar electric, or woodfueled generator?

5 Likes

I had to open a road to this pile of cedar. We are out of firewood. Hopefully, by tomorrow morning the crust will freeze solid enough for us to walk about and gather dead poles.
Otherwise, I have to burn road motor fuel in the oil heater. I am too much of a zealot to do that. I would rather burn it in a machine, digging out the firewood.

13 Likes

I guess both ways are possible. I’m using solar electric right now, for circular saw and splitter. I guess I could combine them to a processor, but I like to be able to turn the logs individually to avoid knots and debrie when splitting.
A woodfueled generator is on my to-do-list too, but a bit further down priority vice. Every kWh I can utilize tax free myself from my solar is a win. No point just yet crossing the river to fill a bucket.

6 Likes

I am waiting for your batt pack.:smiley: more tax free energy for you.

Here I am waiting for some government stimulans to expand my 10 kWh pack. It works but I need more😃. Always more more.

6 Likes