Wood supply

Don, I’ve always wondered about the proper English name for it. Now I know :smile:

Terrain capabilities are limited. It’s only slightly better than the atw - low oil pan ground clearence and no diff. Wet roots can be enough sometimes - but with chains it’s almost unstoppable :smile:
Turning radious is fantastic though, and the front axle wiggles good - to the point where the radiator’s fan cover will bend and interefere with the fan blades.

11 Likes

That’s exactly what it sounded like when I drove over the ditch, you haven’t done anything to prevent the axle from going that far?
Isn’t it easy for something to break?
Is the tractor better than the 4x4 atv?

8 Likes

I try to avoid stumps and ditches :smile:

I think so - yes. The atv needs a football field to turn around, has an even lower ground clearence and pulls 1/3 the load.

11 Likes

Probably our last warm and sunny day. This is about the kind of work my hat rack can handle between night shifts.

15 Likes

It looks like there is just enough sideways play in the top link connection to sway the long arm from side to side while loading the logs. That helps keep the operation safe while working alone. Are those cables or steel rods used for the truss effect on the long arm?

9 Likes

That’s right Don. Truss effect rods are ordinary 1/2" rebar rods. I’m using what I happen to have laying around. The only thing I didn’t already have was the winch. Traded a small load of firewood with my neighbour. He had no use for the winch.

10 Likes

Everything around your place always seems so neat and organized. Where do you keep your “laying around” piles?

13 Likes

Ok, would maybe try ferguson in the forest, it’s good to pick up just a little directly to the farm.
Do you think this would work on the Ferguson, or is that tractor too small?

11 Likes

Well I knew I need a winch for my dodge crane but I didn’t KNOW, I NEEDED, a winch on my crane :grin:

10 Likes

I guess the easy answer is I try not to keep things in outdoor “piles”. Walls and seilings are covered with stuff. I do wish I lived somewhat more remote though - nowhere to pee :smile:

10 Likes

Jan, that’s a nice crane. It might be pushing the limits for the Fergie :smile: Depends on your terrain and trailer setup I guess.

5 Likes

Got a free load of big chunks today, dry and nice, some are too long to just split for chunks, they go to the stove. :smiley:

Elm, birch, and pine.

This nice 1920s bicycle doesn’t belong in this topic, but it came with the wood-load.

Some more alder-cookies from chainsaw-showing.

My sweet chunk-processor :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

20 Likes

i think you might want to work on a machine to help your chunk processor. I could see her getting all excited like you got a new washing machine and drier or stove. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Is that a carbide lamp head light on that bike? That’s probably worth at least a hundred dollars US.

9 Likes

Hi Tom, actually it was me putting the old carbide lamp on the bike, i thought it looked good. And i have a box of atleast 40 old carbide lamps in various conditions :roll_eyes:
I bought them from an old bicycle repair shop for 10$…

18 Likes

I almost forget about the camera. Unloading no 6. Premium birch fuel.

19 Likes

Load no7
Stopped by the chunker to get rid of some small stuff.

21 Likes

Cargamento numero ocho.

20 Likes

Ah. Multi-lingual. Me too, but just bi-lingual. I speak American and bull shit.

13 Likes

Tom, your second language is my favorite :+1:
My Spanish is limited to ordering a beer actually. All the rest I have to look up.

12 Likes