Wood supply

Hello Paul.

I cut the wood into fire wood lengths and hit them with the wood spliter. I may pitch them in 3 different piles . Selling wood this winter , home heating or chunking .

7 Likes

Yep. Yep. Three levels of categorization is just like everything else.
When we Family/home diaried here it was:

1. Whole milk and cream to the cash-pay home delivery folks
  2. Cream to the cheese factory - documeted $'s check
  3. “skimmed” milk to the family and the pigs

Pay-for has to come first to keep the GovMint and Gibber-mint Caesars off your ass.

Gasifiers are just wood-pigs.
S.U.

5 Likes

I’m all about a cash crop.

But that cream makes mighty good butter.

2 Likes

This ole tree farmer set for about 15 years but started up and is running good.

The big trees that came down in the recent storm don’t look as big now :grin:

10 Likes

That sure is a nice machine. I’m surprised that it doesn’t see more use… :grinning:

2 Likes

Thanks Jeff .

I think it will see some use this summer . I have a lot of big trees down with most of them in the creek . The 150 ft of cable will be handy there.

Hell Jim Goes .

I took the little live swivel apart and figured out how it works and gave it a good cleaning and now it seems to be working well .

I sure hated to spend 150 bucks for a little part the size of your thumb.

The hydraulic cylinders that controls the blade are leaking bad and hope to reseal them next week . I was able to work the winch some today without wasting a lot of hydraulic fluid . :grin:

7 Likes

Hello Wayne
Good that its working, did you have any problem getting the little screw for the spool drag freed up, I found some that was really stuck.
The hydraulic cylinders are simple to rebuild and not real expensive.

2 Likes

Hello Jim .

Yes I got the screw out but the spring was missing. . I will put a drag spring in it as soon as it frees some. Right now it is all I can do to pull the cable of by hand . Once I have the skidder going and hook to a stump I think I can polish the drum so it will release properly .

2 Likes

Wayne
One little trick you can try if it keeps being a pain is to pump the handle down fast a couple times then jerk it up on release. I don’t know way but it will make them free wheel better.

2 Likes

Yes Jim . It’s kinda like pumping the brakes up on an old car.

I think I am getting the full stroke on the hand pump . I rebuilt it and the two cylinders in the winch .

3 Likes

Hey Wayne. I’ve got an extra grain silo if you want to make a gasifier for that thing. ;).

5 Likes

Kyle

Thanks for the offer but I can’t figure out a place to hang a gasifier on this rig.

3 Likes

And don’t forget some of the best hand cranked, strawberry ice cream on the planet! Raspberry is second.
Pepe

2 Likes

Your the only one that can do it. I have a ihc red diamond 450 gas banger to go with your build… :hushed:

2 Likes

I’m still waiting for you to bring me that red diamond to argos.

3 Likes

I would have to figure out how heavy it is. Taking the transmission off would help. I just want to keep the frame. Radiator goes with it.

2 Likes

Dad was running the Chomper and I was fetching stems for him. Too long for this rig but it did it.

6 Likes

And here’s the movie. The saw logs were twitched out with the skid steer. Blow downs are hard work. :anguished:

5 Likes

What Are you figuring it’s worth? I’ll have to start saving my pennies. Trans would be nice for one project I have in mind.

2 Likes

Andy, no money. If anything cub or wheel horse transaxles, hydro or standard or frames. Or construction steel like angle iron. Can’t take your money. It has not been run in a long time. Tanks about the size of 30lbs propane tank or a bit larger. In other words it’s really not worth much of anything. I would be happy to donate it to a real woodgaser that will use it.

2 Likes