Wood supply

That is an impressive pile of fuel
You get. My. Vote for
Man of the. Year

4 Likes

Rumor has it that Wayne turned it down ! :joy:

4 Likes

Hi all, i notest that after 3 days of my chunked pine branches sitting on top my home heating boiler at about 100%f average my wood shurunk down in the basket about 2 too 3", the basket was full too the top edge of the basket and bubled up.I gess as its drying it shrinks.Anyway it drys faster after chunking.

If i had place for 4 barrels worth of wood in baskets over the top of my wood heating boiler water jacket i could drive 100 miles a day all winter from grean wood too dry wood in 4 days. The wood under my top white basket was flush with top of wire basket and sunk about 3" from level in 3 days and wood feels light enough too gasifi. Chunked small wood drys quik. And smaller chunked wood still weighs around 8.5 pounds too a 5 gallon bucket after dryed.PLUS THE 3 POUND PAIL WEIGHT. IT IS AMASING HOW QUIK CHUNKED WOOD DRYS AND SHIRNKS. Just sitting on my normal heater setting no extra wood needed.

13 Likes

It is also a nice humidifier for you house… I have to run them for my mother as the forced hot air is too dry for her. I often stack wood that isn’t dry enough to burn near my wood stove as I love the smell or cherry drying.

4 Likes

My house wood boiler stove is about rusted out as i have been patching holes in the jacket too ofton, the one i want too build will have a flat plate water jacket close too the burn barrel too stack about 4 of them 20 gallon baskets . and maybe boxed in on one side for extra heat too speed up dry time on the chunked wood when needed.I JUST HAVE TOO MAKE SURE MY WATER JACKET STAYS FULL OF WATER TOO KEEP A SAFE TEMP RANGE FOR THE CHUNKED WOOD, NO RUBER HOSE BELOW THE WATER JACKET.

The fuel seems to be dry except for a couple big chunks :grinning:

IMG_0203

11 Likes

Those might work best in a charcoal gasifier. Koen what do you think? TomC (PS anyone here from Mike LaRossa?)

3 Likes

Wayne thats a Caterpilawood. :joy:

2 Likes

Tom Italked to him a couple weeks ago. Hw is doing the same as ever. Same old stories we have all heard.
Burried in ice ,water froze, heart stopped ,and of course the coma.
Always good to hear from a fellow woodgasser.

8 Likes

I hope he snaps out of that dang coma. Ever since that 8 year old punk, at Argos, roughed him up he hasn’t been right…

1 Like

They are just protecting it from those pesky rodents that want to move into the pile…

1 Like

Them some pure black cats. I got a few i will give any body low on wood. I hate too drop them off at the co2 gas station. Thay sure can be a pest if running loose not fixed.If they aint gone by spring they may get a chance out in the country.

Kinda funny to mention it, but several of the young men in our church have been doing mission work in Ghana the past couple years. Whenever any one of them comes home he starts looking for young cats to roast. I’m not sure what all the fuss is about, I never liked cat meat myself…at least when I wasn’t starving.

1 Like

There’s a saying in Spanish, to pass off cat as hare, never tried cat, but rabbit is good eating.

Up north native people eat lynx, (pisew in cree), I was told it’s a lot like turkey…

1 Like

Grand-grand father used to hunt cats. Post WW2 era was tough. He sayd its best to gutt and burry in snow for a month or two. Tenders the meat. I never tryed it my self, l tend to let carnivorous animals alone.

Well, not entirely true. Ever skined a rabbit with freerange pigs around? When they spot the skin/guts they dont let a single hair behind. Those animals will transform just about anything to bacon :smile: :pig:

9 Likes

Down here you have to leave the feet on a coon in order to sell it for meat. That way the buyer knows it’s not a big cat. Coon’s ok if cooked right, but I’d much rather eat a beaver. We have a deer hanging right now, so in the absence of one of Wayne’s beef steaks, I’ll eat venison for a while.

3 Likes

Hey Billy .

We are eating venison also . I let folks with a lot more money than I eat these beef steaks :grinning:

2 Likes

Lots of people would trade beef pound for pound to get venison, I am the reverse. Beaver is okay if you are hungry but I only ever cooked about 3 so I didn’t get good at it. Now that I am a better cook I should try it again.

1 Like

I’ll trade venison for beef most any day. But my children, raised on venison, would rather have that. The ones raised on goat milk prefer that to cow’s milk too. Funny how we all get trained. Nobody around here likes possum though.

3 Likes

That’s amazing to me. I will eat anything, but have never thought about raccoon, that’s an unknown delicacy in these parts. There just happens to be some coons that beat up on my corn last year, that owe me something. Any recipe suggestions?

1 Like