Woodgas videos from around the world

They shoved a 440 in one on Roadkill Garage Marcus. Sort of like climbing mountains. No good reason to do it but just because it’s there.

That was a nice looking build. I kind of like to see anything sticking out of a hole in a hood. Makes you know you ain’t in Kansas anymore.

2 Likes

Ya they butchered that thing no foot room at all and that stupid thermoquad carburator. But it was already in a junk yard and pretty thrashed that one didn’t hurt to see

2 Likes

I was on You Tube and this gasifer video showed up. Hum, this truck looks familiar. The 92 Dakota truck from the book. Before Chris S. owned it and now me. It sure looked different back then. Only the hopper, spacer, lower part of the gasifer Is original that is showing. Everything else has been replaced.
https://youtu.be/dmiaGei1Wfo
Bob

5 Likes

Just when you think you’ve seen all the videos…
This tractor was new to me.

https://youtu.be/49MINld5UBM

11 Likes

Something about tractors out working, I just love watching it. And it seems that tractors with there super deep gear reduction can withstand the demands of woodgas. Even if the motor is running rough, the gearing just takes it in stride and keeps working. Thanks for share that one jo, and neat ground powered sickle bar mower too

6 Likes

While I saw Vitaliy’s new videos I saw this in the related videos. Joni from 6 years ago with an old iteration of his gasifier on the same Opel.

12 Likes

Here is a restored Soviet woodgas truck.

8 Likes

Trying to figure out if that truck has the tires crooked on the rimw or if the tierod ends are loose. :grimacing:

4 Likes

It’s an AA Ford clone, the kingpins have no bushings so they basically wear themselves out. Also uses transverse front axle leaf spring and doesn’t appear to have dampeners.

6 Likes

Omstallningsresan has a new video out, a turbocharged Volvo! No subtitles available so we’ll just have to learn Swedish, guys.

10 Likes

It seems it was not running right, because someone was video it. RIGHT?
Bob

7 Likes

Haha, I also got the feeling it usually runs much better without the camera.
I met this guy at a meetup 5 or 6 years ago. It seems he made a few improvments since. I brought the Rabbit pickup at the time.

9 Likes

I don’t think this was shared to this particular thread. I’ll just link the comment here. Marcio from Brazil.

Here’s another video from Marcio, testing the gasifier and showing his drawing.

He uses an interesting drop box/rough filter combination. Drop box has baffles to dwell a little and drop heavy particles, and then uses a metal screen. Gas is then cooled and looks like it’s ran through an automotive paper tube filter.

5 Likes
8 Likes

Scandinavian guys sure do love to have a big hopper sitting proud above the cab! Must not go very fast to worry about it catching wind.

5 Likes

It looks like he uses this truck on the farm from in the hay fields, wraped in white plastic bails.
I Would of like to see it started and running. LP tanks in the back seat? Not running gasoline?
The clean out hatch door was interesting , the turn able grate for shaking it. The exit gas out of the gasifier looked like it was coming out at the grate level or above the grate. The plate he removed must direct the gases down through the grate. Very tall cyclone filter into cooling rails then to the filter? And down to condenation tank up front?
I was a little confused under the hood in the engine compartment.
This video is prove under the hood there are more than one Mike LaRosa in this world. And duck tape is univeral in it uses and international in the world of gasification.
Bob

8 Likes

I have no clue what language is being spoken, but I could swear that was a Honda gx series carburetor ductaped in place in the engine bay, which I am assuming is being fed the propane??

3 Likes

After watching the video again it appears the round grate goes to the inter wall with a little clearance all the way around so the smaller charcoal must go through the grate then up around and out up into the cyclone. When he put the plate out the charcoal was much bigger falling of the top of the grate. I wonder if he has a manual shaking devise in the cab of the truck? (I edited the above post).
Bob

Owner of the channel is Swedish, so most likely they’re speaking swedish. I think he knows a little English or uses a translator.

Okay. And the LP gas hose just in front of the carberator intake the hose held with duct tape, no air filter, thats not good. I think that truck is a 6 clinder.
Bob

1 Like