Woodgas videos from around the world

Anyone that starts a short video with a hardy laugh is OK by me. Nice looking rig. If the six videos at the close are the same as mine then the one on the left top with the picture of the Stihl fuel line is exacting what I"m fighting right now.

5 Likes

Electric automixer, very cool. I kinda want to do the same for the Mazda or maybe the Cavalier. I still have a couple of the electronic throttle bodies unmolested.

2 Likes

The Swedish woodgas-wizard :smiley:

12 Likes

I hope Niklas gets to travel to the US someday. Maybe for Argos!

6 Likes

Its got a heavy full floating rear axel and looks like it should have a set of dual wheels on the back.
I wonder if there is a rubber shortage.
Or they have derate this truck and simple do not need the extra rubber on the road.

6 Likes

Or lack of rims, that looks like a very uncommon size to my eye. Common practice round here for people with old obsolete goods such as that to convert to newer easy to find wheels and common size tires. Not the available case for around the world options though

4 Likes

Hey JO

I don’t know what you were saying but the video sure looks like you knew what you were talking about :blush:

Great Job

8 Likes

Thanks Wayne. 99% of the effort was trying to convert Alabama woodgas terminology into my own mother tongue :smile:

11 Likes

Change it to proper scientific language and confuse -everyone-. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Another one.

10 Likes

I heard and saw this turbine along time ago.

Bob

5 Likes

I saw the Chrysler Turbine car at the Detroit Auto Show in the early 60’s. I think they would run on almost anything combustible that was in liquid form.

3 Likes

Yeah they did, but the emissions were terrible. Only a few were saved from the crusher.

2 Likes

A video for those who have never heard of this before.

4 Likes

Great bring-forwards video you put up TomH. Jay Leno says he was 14 years old when these were new. I was 10. I still remember. The Why’s these did not become the Future we live today he clearly explains beginning at 4:57 and on. A new replacement Tech must clearly be superior in every way to shoulder aside the existing in production. From IC piston engine to Turbines. From IC piston engines to Wankel. Or even from IC piston engines to fully E.V.'s. They all work aright. But clearly superior in every way? Nope.
There is a new interview with the Honda Motors executives where they clearly state their corporate goal in not just to build only E.V.'s
But to as a corporation within 27 years become completely carbon neutral in their manufacturing and contributed products using. Search that one up and read it.

This seeming off-topic of wood-for-power turbine car video does have woodgas relevance.
Skip forward to 11:37 and follow the described Chrysler auto turbines engines internal temperatures pathways. Just like the Wayne Kieth woodgas hearths and close downstream’s internal temperatures! For fuel use economy. For external safety.
Regards
Steve Unruh

4 Likes
9 Likes

I thought a lot about letting a couple trouts or char spend a few miles in the hopper. Knowing what the hopper juice smells like always kept me back though. But what’s actually the difference from an ordinary hot smoker? Maybe nothing?

4 Likes

The author of the video used only pure coal and fresh alder firewood for smoking. Smoked with the ignition fan turned off for 30 minutes.

Автор ролика использовал для копчения только чистый уголь и свежие ольховые дрова. Коптил с выключенным вентилятором розжига 30 минут.

8 Likes

Fun fact: The Swedish word for Alder is Al. Depending on which village in my area you’re from it’s called Aller, Alder, Ader or Adder. The last word is used in my village.
Prefered in baking ovens because of its smooth release of blueish flames, low tar content and no spatter. Extreemly high on ash and the bulkiest wood around.

9 Likes

I can’t remember if I’ve sent this video, I’m sure many have seen it.

8 Likes