Woodgas videos from around the world

Here’s an old video of Ron Lemler’s pickem-up truck.

I really like his old cooling setup.

11 Likes

Here’s a vintage gasifier on a vintage car.

7 Likes

That vacuum sound when he was getting the thing lit was what it sounded like outside last night. Not good.

3 Likes
11 Likes

@KristijanL the boys in Sweden are surprised that you have the unit in the cabin, aren’t you afraid of the gas?

https://m.youtube.com/watchv=FnpA5EF1Q9c&feature=share&fbclid=IwAR1830KpJiTA3UnTKiJBKj3Ekd730eddS1ckV6gbg9d24NlBK6zewv5VycA

Jan, the link doesent work. Wich vehicle are we talking about?

It is Lars who is making an updraft and has found this film, when you have the unit in the cabin.
How far down in temperature can you expect that there will be some reduction of the gas in eIt is Lars who is making an updraft and has found this film, when you have the unit in the cabin.tt ved aggregat?

Drive test on charcoal Seat Arosa1.0 on charcoal

1 Like

This was my first ever car project. I was 18 at the time and you have to start somewhere somehow… l DO NOT recomend coppying this by anyone. I poisoned my self once with CO (not in the cabbin but trying to start the autosyphon on the water cooling with my mouth - it leaked gas in water sistem) and l literaly set one back seat on fire when the gasifier overheated.

But all the failiures lead me to develop the “flute nozzle” to combat problems in this sistem and since then, many people started using it with good sucsess, so l guess it was all worth it :wink:

14 Likes

Just do not use your self as a test subject again like that. We want to keep you around for many years to come at DOW. You are our youth to carry the wood/charcoal torch of DOW into the future for others.
Bob

10 Likes

Here is one I had not seen before today:

12 Likes

Excellent, excellent find SteveB.
CC is enabled. He is Ukranian. And it does Gear-tool translate over well into English at ~85%. He and the questioning interviewer fellow are speaking clearly to make this possible.
Very long at almost 60 minutes.
But well worth viewing all of the way through.
He presents like Wayne Kieth and MarcusN…
First showing how to fire-up. And get up to good operation.
How, what, and why to chunks fuel.
What it will do for you power producing driving. With all of the problems and characteristics.
Then white board illustrated where internally he has have evolved to.
18 evolved revisions. Three engine valves tarring ups.
And he says I still strive for better, simpler.
I very humble man.
Watch for details such as his hopper steam out vent when warmed up and sitting. Second added lower rows of air jets adding in lower oxygen at times.
Regards
Steve Unruh

8 Likes

Here is a new woodgas running an electrical generator:

Designed and offered up by our member SergeyL.

A good designer-builder makes for the specific usage. Automotive systems must be light-weight, and compact.
Stationary you can go big, bulky, and tall.
And very, very simple.
The old, in-English wisdom is: “but The Devil is in the Details”, (the difficulties overcome are in the fine details).
Note the tall, tall fuel stack to allow this to be an air controlled open top. Note the long, tall steel poker rod for this system. That 13 hp engine at 3000 rpm will be at least a 389-420 CC.
The large directly driven generator head is a MeccAlta world class unit. Both large to heat load the system well. Six cooling filter barrels? Why not. Simple does it better in personal usage stationary.
Steve Unruh

13 Likes

Has anybody else mixed that quantity of plastics in with their fuel? Seems like a lot.

1 Like

Found a new to me woodgas video this evening. This is one of many this guy has on YouTube:

8 Likes

That’s @luke1968c10 , he has a thread on it

7 Likes

I might have a reason to visit Florida! I wonder if it’s still on display. I’d like to take some measurements.

8 Likes

Send an email and ask them if they have the dimensions for it. If it was an actual product, they might have the whole spec sheet for it. They may send you a copy or a link to it.

Apparently Marcus found the video 9 months ago judging by his comments. :slight_smile:

7 Likes

I thought that one had already been posted or i would have shared it haha

7 Likes

it is all good. I clicked like on all your (and Cody’s) comments, that has to give you some street cred. :slight_smile:

I didn’t know you tried the plastic to diesel prior to wood or forgot. I thought about doing it to the charcoal making waste heat but had some safety concerns. :slight_smile:

7 Likes

a new video from our friends across the pond, love the pto chunker, that thing is FAST!

9 Likes