A guide for driving a vehicle on chargas

I really want to hear what’s being said. I did all the things SteveU said about 10 times and still never got it in English.

2 Likes

Tom,
I had some trouble, too. I just did this and it worked:
Click on CC, then click on the gear icon, click subtitles, then auto-translate, scroll through and click on the desired language, then it should work—I hope.

3 Likes

It will be somewhat close, if they didn’t write the CC into the video then it has to transliterate the audible Spanish to CC and then translate that to English.

1 Like

Yes, the CC’s were rather crude is some places, but it was helpful for an English only speaking person.

1 Like

Finally went to You-tube to watch and it worked until the first ad break and then I couldn’t get it back. I’m not good with technology.

1 Like

Here is a resume of my enterview in English in YouTube.

https://youtu.be/VhTRTqcons4

B.R.
Eddy Ramos (Argentina).

12 Likes

Thanks for getting this into english. I never got it to work with the goggle translater. I enjoyed it very much.

6 Likes

Eddy, thank you very much sir for the video .

While driving on wood or char gas it is very easy to keep a smile on your face for extended periods of time . Hope you have a few lemons handy :grinning:

7 Likes

Hi Tom and Wayne:
Thank you very much for your replays. It makes me feel very good. It makes me feel that I am giving something usefull to others.
I am glad that nobody is upset becasue I called my chargas system “Drive on waste” because it has the same acronysm as “Drive on wood” (DOW).
If God gives me life and good health, some time down the road (hope next year) I would love to start buiding the K. Wayne wood gas system. After several years I finally got Wayns book!! (Thanks Cris).
Truly yours.
Eddy Ramos (Argentina).

7 Likes

Eddy, you are a inspiring DOW (waste) for your country and for us all. Very nice and simple build. I hope others in your country start doing the same as you. It is the best way to recycle our waste products, turn it to fuel to drive on down the road with a SWEM on your face as you pass the gasoline stations.
Praise All Might God for what He has you doing where you live.
Bob

6 Likes

Eddy,
Thanks for the English version of your video. Keep up the good work.

2 Likes

Thanks Robert and Steeve:
I have a smile on my face each time I pass by a gasoline station and each time I overpass other vehicles that runs on “dino juice” with my vehicle runing only on waste.
With my Spanish Facebook I try to reach not only my country, Argentina, I try to reach all hispanoamerica. And with my English facebook slowly, slowly I would like to reach all anglosaxon and English speaking (India) countries…
B.R.
Eddy Ramos.

7 Likes

I have shown your videos to some of my Hispanic coworkers. Some gentlemen from Colombia. They really enjoyed it so maybe you have sparked some inspiration for them.

3 Likes

Hi Cody. Thank for your words.
To your Spanish people refer them to my Facebook: AUTOABASURA.
B.R.
Eddy Ramos

3 Likes

Hi Everybody:
I have just uploaded in Youtube a English version of my video: Drive on waste.
Youtube: https://youtu.be/7pz3urEOrCs
Hope you enjoy it.
B.R.
Eddy Ramos (Argentina).

11 Likes

Hi Everybody:
I want to share to all something that I did not expected of my “Guide for driving a vehicle on chargas”: Some people want to apply this guide for stationary motors that moves water pumps and electical generators in areas far form liquid fuels.
Unexpected service to that guys!!
Also I am testign my last work. Is a trailer that produces a LOT of chargas. I build it for my 3500 miles trip as soon as the crazy pandemia let me do it.

B.R.

19 Likes

Very cool! Full size drums that’s a lot of char

3 Likes

Hoping you are going to do a diagram of this like your other work. Can’t figure out the three barrels. It’s good that people in different parts of the world are learning from your videos that they don’t have to be dependent on others for their basic energy needs. Blows against the Empire.

4 Likes

Hi Eddy,
The trailer setup looks interesting. I would like to hear more about its development. Is this a parallel system or is it a series system? A series approach could give you an emergency reserve. When gasifier 1 gets low and hot, switch to gasifier 2. When gasifier 2 gets low, switch to 3. When 3 gets low, use cool charcoal from 1 to keep 3 going.

I’m wondering if a parallel approach would allow smaller hoses and smaller nozzles? Kind of like three batteries wired in parallel? I assume that you will be taking your charcoal making kiln with you.

6 Likes

Hi Bruce:
Nice to hear from you.
Parallel or series. I am testing both:

1. In parallel I can drive longer before I have to reload the three drums, and it heats slower, because the reaction on each drum is one third smaller/slower. But my guess is that I may need an adaptor to smaller the size of the nozzle.
  2. In series, as you say for the time the third drum is low, the first drum will be cool. But I may have to switch drums every 60 km (40 miles).
    The three drums, are also charcoal making kiln (in my guide, check Chapter 8: “Carbonization” the Hi temp (HCC) carbonizer). So no need to carry an extra charcoal kiln.
    Truly Yours.
    Eddy Ramos (Argentina).
8 Likes