A guide for driving a vehicle on chargas

Eddy; For me THAT ONE is a winner. Thanks for your persistence. TomC

3 Likes

Eddy,

Is your nozzle made of stainless steel?

I find the arrangement of your water drip interesting. I gather that at idle, due to reduced suction, the drip may drop down into your pan instead of being sucked into the gasifier. Does it work that way? Also, if you forget to turn it off, I expect that it will not flood your gasifier, but will simply drop down into your pan. And as has already been noted, your stainless steel mirror is another clever idea.

It is always interesting to see the unique ideas each builder incorporates in their individual gasifier designs. Also, I see evidence of other’s ideas influencing your work, too. I just wish you had let us in on your “secrets” sooner. Thanks for sharing it with us in such a professional form. Great job.

I, too have experienced those who, even when they see it, don’t believe it. Maybe some day they will believe it when they see you SWEMing down the road.

2 Likes

Hi Steve Bowman:
Thanks for your post.
I am not sure what is the nozzle made of, probably high carbon steel. For sure is not stainless steel, but it has a very thick wall.
The dripping system work fine. The tip of the copper tubing inside the nozzle is so close to the “Inferno” (heat) that vaporize the water drops as soon as it gets out of the copper tubing tip, without melting the copper pipe. So the air suction at the nozzle push upwards the water vapor.
When the engine is idling some water drops may fall into the tray/pan. Sure when the engine stops, water drops will fall down to the pan. This will extinguish any embers that may fall in the tray/pan under the gasifier, thru the open nozzle (with or without the lower plug with the S.S. mirror), because there is no more air suction pushing upward the embers.
Regarding the S.S. mirror, Don Mannes pointed out in post #19 of this topic, that I "ALSO" used a S.S. mirror. I did not noticed that he had used one when I made the drawing of his system at the “Drawings of charcoal gasifiers” topic in this forum . So I probably had saw it somewhere and I got it down deep in my sub-conscience, then I come out with that. So it may be not mine this “clever idea”.
Regarding the influence of other ideas in my system… let me state here that my project would be impossible or it will take me far longer without this forum.
So AGAIN, thanks a lot to all of you for sharing with us your work.
B.R.
Eddy Ramos.

5 Likes

Hi Wayne Keith:
I have just upload on my English Facebook: “Driveonwaste driveonwaste” the English version of my video: “Driving at 115 km/72miles hour without LPG nor gasoline”.
So now you can enjoy it in English.
This video is “public”, so nobody need to send me a “friendship” invitation to see it.
B.R.
Eddy Ramos.

1 Like

Thanks much Eddy :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Hi Everybody:
Apparently the oil companies. are getting pist-off because my Facebook: “Driveonwaste” page, where I was uploading all the information about my gasifier system (Guide, videos, plans, etc) has just being shutoff.
B.R.
Eddy Ramos

4 Likes

Yes Eddy, FB is controlled by others too. They set up new guild lines and to be on fb you must follow it period. They should tell you why they have shut it off.
Bob

1 Like

Eddy,
I have not been able to view your facebook page–sign in required, and I am not a member and not planning to become one. Would love to see your videos if sometime you work out another way to present them on-line. Thanks again for what you have done to make your experiences available to us.

Of the materials you have made into charcoal ,which do you normally use in your truck? And using that fuel, what is your frequency of maintenance for your cyclone oil filter, and cloth filter?

3 Likes

Hi Steve Bowman:
If you give me your e-mail address/phone contact (I don’t know if this is permitted in this forum) I may be able to send you info, while FB decides if they will block definitively my page or if they decide to return it to me.
Regarding charcoal material: The best are the hardwoods, but it is hard to get and to cut. The next best, free to get are the walnut shells and the oak acorns. This is what I am using actually.
B.R.
Eddy Ramos.

3 Likes

Where do you getthe acorns?

1 Like

How many people other than me want to say.

From under the oak tree. :thinking::thinking::laughing::laughing:

5 Likes

Better get them quick if any cattle. horses ,hogs or deer are around .

4 Likes

Yes thats why l wonder. Here there are a lot of oak trees and l spend some time each year picking acorns for my pigs. They give their fat a special taste. Anyway, it takes a long time to pick a basket and l cant imagine geting enaugh for a gasifier.

3 Likes

Hi Kistijan:
Nice to hear from you.
My neighbors rack them out from under the trees. They give it to me in bags mixed with leaves. Then I separate the acorns from the leaves with the the next “very sophisticated system”:

Also I use olives pits, the olive companies that sells pit-less olives give it to me for free.
The thing here is that the pits needs to be inside VERY DRY at sun, so when I carbonized, it remains very little tar. If the pits looks dry outside, but remains humid/wet inside, the carbonized process will no be optimum.
B.R.
Eddy Ramos.

7 Likes

When the discussion about pellets came up I wondered about fruit pits. I have burned cherry pits in my stove. They burn hotter than wood. They don’t give them away though. People make heating pads out of them and put them in a micro wave to warm them. The hold heat a long time. I would think olive pits would be very similar.

https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-1-d&q=cherry+pits+for+pellet+stove

1 Like

Hi Eddy , is it possible you can upload your video’s to Youtube that way the non face book users can get too see them and it will save you having to upload them to many people then .
Love your truck by the way and the video’s keep on rolling !
Dave

3 Likes

Hi Dave:
Thanks for your suggestion!
First I need to finish with my Spanish videos which I am uploading to my Spanish Facebook: “Autoabasura autoabasura”. (Drive on waste in Spanish).
Then I will put English audios to it.
Then I will learn how to upload my videos to YouTube.
Finally I will upload that English videos here.
Baby steps. Slowly but surly I may get there.
B.R.
Eddy Ramos.

5 Likes

Hi Tom:
I think that cherry pits are better to keep them as it is. No pellets, because it has the right size for charcoal gasifiers.
Eddy Ramos.

2 Likes

Eddy,
I managed to find this video of you with your truck today—truly a gem:

7 Likes

Thanks SteveB.

Very good presentation EddyR.

All this translates very well into English. And I’d assume French, Italian, Swedish, Finnish, Czech, Slovenian, Ukrainian, etc.

On the lower YouTube tool bar enable “CC”.
Open up the gear shaped tool. Click onto (auto-generate)
Next select Auto Translate. On the DOW for me this pops me up into the topics stream. Scroll back down.
Select your to be CC’ed language.
S.U.

2 Likes