A guide for driving a vehicle on chargas

Well said Eddy i agree 100% with your words , and good to see your still around Gary even if your being a busy bee .
Dave

4 Likes

Wow, now that is some nice charcoal production gasifers. Matt R. is doing the same thing on a smaller scale. 500 hundred miles with one filling of the three gasifers, that is a huge mileage range. Are you running your vehicle truck on charcoal gas only when doing this?
Can you also run on charcoal gas and petrol at the same time for extra power going up hills?
This is not been done to my knowledge in recent years.
Keep us all informed of your testing and progress.
I’ve been thinking of a way to run my 440 cubic inch engine, in my motorhome on charcoal gas and petroleum fuel at the same time. If you are doing this let me know.
Bob

2 Likes

Hi Robert:

1. 500 hundred miles on one filling of the three gasifiers is in theory and aprox, I am still measuring this range.
    I just find a problem: that the 3" stainless steel cooler is corroding…I wonder if the water drops are creating some kind of acid that is doing that?? Charcoal with some sulfur may create sulfuric acid??..Because on the 2" S.S. cooler I never had this problem. Maybe the 3" S.S. is of a different material than the 2" S.S. one??
  2. My goal is to do the entire trip (3200 miles) running only on chargas. Only God knows if that is feasible. 1/5th of the road is desert. In case of an uphill, I am planning to go up slowly on the first gear.
  3. I had never run with two fuels at the same time, but I am sure it is possible. It has to be regulated to avid chocking the engine.
    Even do I am very busy and reluctant to post every tinny step I will keep you posted.
    B.R.
    Eddy (Argentina).
14 Likes

Hi mr.Eddy
I think you forget that you already have a huge fan of yours here in India
I salute your inspiration and work you did and share with people at your best.
Really a DOW spirit and I salute it.
Regards
Vinod

8 Likes

Hi Vinod:
That is true, I wonder how come that I have so many fans from India in my Facebook…
Eddy Ramos (Argentina).

5 Likes

Hi Everybody:
I have just uploaded my last version #3 in English of my “Guide for driving a vehicle on chargas” to my website: www.autoabasura.com or in my Facebook: Driveonwaste or at the QR bellow.
This new version has a lot of new things:

1. Based on my experineces some erros of last version has being corrected.
  2. I have added a chapter with a simple device that doubles the driving range of a gasifier. I called refractory disc diffuser.
  3. It has photos and drawing of my gasifier trailer, with the procedure of use of it.
    Also a resume of my last journey of 5000 Km (3500 miles) only on chargas with this gasifier trailer, using as fuel only the waste that I could find on my way. Cero fosil fuel. My wife and my enjoy it a lot!!
  4. On Setember 2021 I got the analysis of my vehicle exhaust gases from the tail pipe and the gasification of charcoal with water using my gasifier contributes 20% of oxigen to the atmosphere!!

I am almost done with chargas from charcoal. Please pray for me on my next project:
Plastigas”: Gas out from plastic waste using the same (chargas) gasifier. The idea is that my vehicle and future ones, can use as fuel and clean the planet out from plastic waste (plastic garbage).
Thank’s again to all of you for supporting and teaching me a LOT!!
God Bless you all.
Eddy Ramos.
PS: I do not like to post every baby step. When I am have done some truly advance with “Plastigas” I will keep you posted. It is going to be A LOT of try and failure that is why I will grately appreciate any experiences, suggestion, knowhows on this matter (autothermal pyrolisis of plastic).

16 Likes

Eddy it is good to hear from you! My heart skipped a beat when I heard you were in a car accident in the Ford. Glad to see you are making progress.
The only way I could see someone utilizing plastic is to blend it into the charcoal but in a downdraft configuration. This way you ensure there is still a carbon layer to scrub the gasses.
You will continue to be in my prayers, God Bless.

9 Likes

Hi Robert:
Please find bellow the last Guide, where I give a lot of details on this gasifier trailer.
I never Used two fuels at the same time because the engine gets “Flooded”. I use only Chargas or LPG or Gasoline.

7 Likes

Hi Cody:
Nice to hear from you too.
The car accident was part of the anecdotes, only mechanic problems, no health injures.
Thanks for your prayers!!!
I am sure you will enjoy the new version of my Guide.
God Bless.
Eddy Ramos.

8 Likes

Eddy, thank you so much for the revised book! Your trailer design is great! I especially like the diffuser disk, and the “Soli Deo Gloria.”

Kent

7 Likes

You guys with the cross-draft and diagonal down-draft gasifiers, could this be used to shrink the distance to the grate, and protect the grate from heat damage?

Kent

3 Likes

I think it can. Pointing the nozzle straight down or acoss then let the air be sucked down. Some have pointed the nozzles up slightly to in crease the time before being sucked down. It is only mili seconds of time differance but even that is some delay from pointing straight down with the nozzle. This is with charcoal gasification. Wood is a lot different.
Bob

5 Likes

Okay Eddy, thanks for clearing that up for me.
Bob

1 Like

Hi Eddy,
Blessings to you! I just read through the version #3 manual and it is very good and clear. Your design and instructions make gasification accessible for many people around the world who have limited tools, skills and materials. I have said a prayer for you and look forward to hearing more about “Plastigas” as your project advances.

8 Likes

I use a Firefox browser and when I clicked on Eddy’s link it gave a security warning. Did anyone else get this. I have been on Eddy’s site in the past and this never came up. Since I don’t know much about computer stuff and since we did get hacked a couple years ago I’m a little paranoid about such things. I’m always getting these alerts from sites I’m already used. I’m anxious to look at the new information.

3 Likes

I got that security warning with Chrome browser too.

3 Likes

It’s probably because his server may be having issues with certificates. I went on it last night with the same warning and nothing seems amiss.

2 Likes

Could you download anything? I could not.

2 Likes

I saw the security warning, but was able to download.

2 Likes

English-Manual-V3-PDF.pdf (2,1 MB)

6 Likes