A simple Swedish hello

Hi everybody, my name is Johan and I’m from Sweden.
I thought I’d introduce myself since after lurking and reading quite a bit in the last four months I feel like I am getting familiar with most of you that are active on DOW and that to me is a bit unfair since I haven’t introduced myself until now.
About eight years ago I got interested in driving on wood but I suppressed those feelings since I was renovating our house and was about to get the old family farm started again but last year those feelings and interest couldn’t be held back any longer and then I got introduced to this forum (which by the way is the best one I have ever come across, thank you Wayne and Chris).
Our farmhouse is only heated with wood in a gasification boiler plus a fireplace in the living room but thats more for cozy days/evenings.
I hope to learn a lot more here so I can build my own wood gasified car (already bought one to be converted), you all are very inspiring, helpful and happy and I hope I can contribute some here as well.
I better stop here so you guys won’t get sick of me right away.

21 Likes

Welcome Johan, i have been wondering who this new Swede was :smiley:
Myself, i was a lurker many years before i dared to start posting, i think i have been “active” posting here about a year now.
As you have noticed this is really the friendliest forum on the web, more a “second family” :smiley:

15 Likes

Welcome to DOW Johan, Feel free to ask any questions here. Lots of great reading in the Library here as well as the forums.

11 Likes

Thank you Göran, yes I have noticed that this definately is the friendliest place. Sorry for not making my self known a bit earlier, it was a little bit of a hurdle to post my first post since I don’t know anything yet.

10 Likes

Thank you Paul, I am diving in head first. There is a lot to read and learn.

9 Likes

Welcome Johan, you can spend many, many hours reading here just on gasification alone. Lots of other topics too. We are all here to help you make it to your goal of gasifition for your personal needs. Do not be afraid to ask questions. It is better to ask questions and build it correctly in the first place.
Bob

10 Likes

Hello Johan ,

We are really glad to have you here and thanks much for posting .

I would like to echo what the others above have said .

Thanks Wayne :blush:

11 Likes

Thank you Robert, there is a lot to read for sure. I was also happy to see that you, Kristijan and many more also have threads for beekeeping. I started beekeeping about three years ago and have two home built top bar hives, i will probably jump in there too :smiley:

Edit:
And I totally agree, its best to ask first to avoid rookie mistakes that are easily avoided and does not provide a good learning experience

10 Likes

Thank you Wayne, I am happy to be here and I have already learned so much, even about topics I didn’t know I would find interesting. Love this forum

7 Likes

welcome Johan. By the way, I never let not knowing anything stop me from running my mouth. Nobody seems to mind.

12 Likes

Welcome to DOW, Johan!
A new Swede! Not too far away I hope.
I’m not very patient and I’m emediately curious of what kind of project you plan on taking on. Maybe you already started?

11 Likes

Thank you Tom. And by the way, I don’t mind either. In my mind, to speak your mind is a sane thing to do :smiley:

8 Likes

Johan, warm greetings also from Slovenia. My friends wished you a warm welcome, I also join in, if I were to choose “special” words of welcome here, it would probably look kitsch :grin:

8 Likes

Welcome to the Family/ Forum

This is definitely the best site I know of. This is a great crowd of folks.

11 Likes

Thank you Jan-Ola. I hope to start a build thread fairly soon, just some other projects that has priority first.
I live in the southern parts of Dalarna if you want to swing by, don’t have any chunks for a return trip yet though but its coming

9 Likes

Thank you Tone, if I can sence the warm meaning of the words it doesn’t matter if they are kitsch :smiley:

6 Likes

Thank you Jakob, it sure feels like a familyforum, it is easy to feel welcome here

7 Likes

Was wondering when you would start talking, i can see you have done a pile of reading and video watching already

Welcome! We are glad to have you here!

9 Likes

Thank you Marcus, yeah I got a little bit of reading done and I have enjoyed every bit of it and it is also very addictive

6 Likes

We started at about the same time. The top bar hive is so simple to make. I was thinking on using that design for my supers that will fit on top of my Laynen hive box with Langstrof frame size but deeper or longer frames. Everything of mine were built all out of clean pallet wood or clean scrap wood. Start your own thread and we will talk more there.
Bob

6 Likes