A simple Swedish hello

I will, I now regret that I haven’t made pictures of the inside of the hive when there are bees in it.

6 Likes

Hello Johan,
Welcome. (Not knowing a lot of things to say)

8 Likes

Johan, Welcome to DOW.

6 Likes

Welcome to DOW Johan! What kind of vehicle are you converting? We are always excited to see another build started. You have done well by doing lots of reading here on the forum. My grandfather once told me “Anyone can learn from their own mistakes, but it takes a wise man to learn from the mistakes of others”.

Garry C.

11 Likes

I also say Welcome to the active-side of the DOW JohanM.

I’d say with you you that there are quite a few active Swedish members now.
You home use wood to heat with so that makes you an active wood-for-power user.
Pictures of your wood boiler set up?
We love to see woodpiles and woodstacks too.

Do read the topics and works by Jan Axelsson here too:

He and Goren have a collection of Swedish woodgas books they use as references.
And J.O. helps us often with translations of others only in Swedish language works on youtube and video.

The U.S. and Canada and other places like Slovenia with NO History of woodgas using . . . we’ve had to trial and error develop. Many mistakes. Some profound developments too that would have never been done in pre-existing historical woodgas areas like Germany, Finland, Sweden.
Then the works by our Ukraine and Russian members based on unique Soviet books and papers.

So you as a beekeeper see bees can fly. Buzz-buzz. So can hummingbirds. The internal flow velocities dependent wood gasifiers.
The soaring birds fly too with hardly any wings flapping. The Wayne Keith and Dobsons gasifiers. Big mass of internally made charcoals always in-comparison gently blown hot, Hot, HOT.
Ha! Ha! And then the rest of us, like regular wings flapping, swooping, jinking, diving birds flying; with our gasifiers using a variable mix of velocity and moderate volume active areas.

Regards
Steve unruh

9 Likes

Glad there’s someone else from here, you should be pretty close to me and JO.
I haven’t been doing gengas for that long, and I’m bad at English, so what I write can be a little either way.
My advice is that you look to buy this book by Niklas (Omställningresan)
There are measurements of aggregates, condensation of water in the wood, engine wear, thickening of the oil and much more, the best I’ve read so far, too bad it’s not in English.

8 Likes

welcome johan, since a little while i have seen your “likes” here, i wondered when we see more from you…glad you are here on the forum…
ciao giorgio

9 Likes

Confession time.
I mentioned before and it seems a never ending story - my sense of humor tend to get me in trouble.
Johan and I are workmates. Last night when Johan introduced himself it seemed like a good idea I would pull his leg and keep a straight face as if I didn’t know him. I expected to get slammed and exposed, the same way we pick at each other at work.
Now, as new nember, he can’t post for a while. I just thought, before things get outof hand and to avoid any further akward moments, I’d give you the bare truth and then shut up for a while (probably not for very long :smile:)

14 Likes

I had a feeling there, you both living in Dalarna, should know, or heard of each other, people interested in woodgas tend to search each other up, like “studiebesök” :smiley:
But when you greeted Johan welcome, i suspected nothing…
And we miss your sense of humor here, you not posting as frequently, you probably work to much? When you feel the desire to work coming at you, sit down with a cup of coffee, a cure that always work :crazy_face:

12 Likes

Göran, I guess being all hyped about woodgas, as well as exhibitionism, wears off slightly over time :smile:
When Johan is allowed to post again he will probably agree we at least spend too much time at work :smile:

7 Likes

I don’t remember that delay, from when i first posted?

4 Likes

When you first start, someone has to reply to your thread for you to continue posting, I think. It is probably to prevent new accounts from making comment after comment on their own thread?

5 Likes

He told me he wasn’t allowed more than 10 post for the first 24 hours or something. Same with photos if I remember correctly.

6 Likes

Ok, that makes sense, i understand now. :smiley:

5 Likes

Thank you Rindert, a simple welcome is still very nice and appreciated.
Sorry for the late answer, apparently my first post only allows me to do ten replys in 24 hours

6 Likes

Thank you very much Steve :smiley:

6 Likes

Thank you Garry, your grandfather is a wise man.
I bought myself a -95 Volvo 850 sedan so I will start a thread on that fairly soon, hopefully it will like some woodgas

7 Likes

Thank you Steve. I read a lot of Jan’s topics and Göran’s too. I’m impressed of everybodys builds and interest in wood/coalgas all around the world, had anyone asked me about that ten-twenty years ago I would have said that it probably stopped about ten years after ww2. I am happy to be wrong.
Pictures of my woodboiler setup is coming

6 Likes

Hi Jan, I have seen Niklas youtube videos but I didn’t know that he had a book, I will look in to that. I dont think your english is bad at all so you have nothing to apologize for :smiley:

6 Likes

Thank you Giorgio, I wanted to have a little bit of knowledge before I introduce myself so I actually can answer simple questions at least :smiley:

6 Likes