All stainless Imbert

Coffieville Kansas I think

2 Likes

Yah, that sounds right. I did’nt take time to look it up.

Found another one. Problem is that the old man just passed away so I’m in limbo until I can contact the family or wait for an auction.

Here is my fuel pile so far. Buddy of mine has a sawmill and always hosts a bonfire every year. So why not use a pinch for me to enjoy driving. Had to use some of that $5.50 diesel to fill the bed of my dodge with fuel. I’m about to the point of buying a centrifuge to filter out waste oil for my first gen Cummins. It’s getting rough to enjoy a drive as you all know.

8 Likes

I see an old Wisconsin there

It would be kind of nice to save that

Gasoline is 9 dollars a gallon here

7 Likes

Beauty of a truck you have there, been looking for one for many years but have not found the right one. Thinking I’ll end up with a 1 ton gasser to get a clean body and cheap, then swap the 12v and nv4500 into it. I can buy the motor and trans for decent price, but put that package together into a first gen and it’s 30,000$ and the whole plan to getting that truck is making black diesel just like you said

5 Likes

I got my '93 Cummins about 5 years ago for $3600. It 2wd auto with a tool box utility bed. I swear it’s the cheapest first gen I was able to find. Most reliable vehicle I’ve had including me rebuilding the front end twice. Best average is 25mpg and I’ve burned over 200 gallons of waste oil and veggie at times. Highly in need of the WVO Designs centrifuge to get that diesel on a cheaper diet.

8 Likes

Same one I have been looking at :+1:

6 Likes

I have a centrifuge similar to the one you showed. I did a lot of settling and filtering first. The centrifuge really helped cleaning the oil. I had been making biodiesel for a long time and the methyl alcohol went from $.50 a gal here to $3.00 overnight.Then I was working on a 94 ford with a 7.3 and I put a homemade Elbett system in it. The ford loved that straight veggie oil.

10 Likes

News station just called and left a message about making a story about my truck. Any advice? @Wayne
Or from anyone who has experience in this type of exposure? :sweat_smile:

8 Likes

Kyle,
You have already been through the ultimate media experience. I think you can adapt. Just keep it pg13. I hope we get to see it.

9 Likes

I hope it’s a video interview. Articles are nice and all but they don’t show enough.

6 Likes

I think you will do just fine Kyle :blush:

Give them a ride and run it up to about 90 .

10 Likes

Just get ready for emails and mail wanting to sell you engraved plaques and memorandum commemorating your “accomplishments”. I got them for at least a year after my Geo Tracker article in the newspaper.
DonM

9 Likes

Go for it. mine has been in the paper and on the radio a few times. every once in a while i run into someone who recognizes it, but rarely.

8 Likes

Hey KyleD.,
You said News station. That means video versus a print magazine or newspaper write up.

Here. Show the assistant producer this video, CC enabled, and youtube tool text converted to English.
Ask him/her . . . will you do this good of presentation IF I participate?
Not make me out to be a Mountain Man fool?

Regards
Steve unruh

10 Likes

Jesus that guy is hard to understand.
I can only pull out a word every 10 things he says.

Can you explain in better detail how you do the translation part on Youtube

When I was kid my Dad could listen to several different languages and even point in a book what they were reading as they read it.
He wasn;t fluent in any of them but he could follow and make sense of it.
Trying to listen too and read modern Russian or Ukrainian is something I wish I could do so easily

4 Likes

I believe they are talking too much in modern cultural slang. And mixing Russian and Ukranian.
First switch to watch on youtube, full screen.
Hit the Run, right triangle.
Then CC enable.
Then open up the bottom screen youtube Gear tool icon.
Click on the Subtitles line.
Scroll down one line to Auto-Translate and open. (my screen hops up on DOW topics - weird)
Then from the languages menu opened up select your language.
Now red bar yourself back to video beginning.
S.U.

4 Likes

Ill try that thanks…

1 Like

Well I called the journalist back but could only leave a message. I’ll have to say that I’ll contact him when the truck is fully ready before I let him blast it all over town. I have a few more things to fine tune so I’m thinking in a few weeks. I like to have my stuff perform somewhat perfectly when I show it off. Got to present woodgas as something more than just Doomsday or mountain man-ish you know? Just as Steve said Lol. I’ll keep you all posted!
In the meantime I’m still working on my buzzsaw. Found some good roller bearings for it and setting up the layout to sharpen the teeth on the 30" blade. Building the frame and swing rest for it after that

11 Likes

I am really impressed with the blade.
I have never seen anyone attempt something like that before.

3 Likes