All stainless Imbert

It you want it to perform “perfectly,” better not show it off. Something always goes wrong. I temporarily reformed my barrel lid into a reverse crown when when I showed my car off to you.

8 Likes

I’m still trying to figure how to make my own. Like a Keyed Shaft to Saw Arbor adapter. Is it just a compression fit between the arbor and nut?

2 Likes

Haha! I know. I’m just teasing myself and not letting complacency win with the truck. I was actually thinking I’ll need to shave my face and buy nice clothes to be on TV again. Plus that Monster Garage was more than enough for me in the excitement department. But if they do shine a good light then why not plug the DOW community and enlighten people? 50/50 chance I guess.
I remember that too Steve. I had something like that already as I was showing a friend. Intake backfire, blowing off the carb hat completely :joy:.
In regards to the saw shaft for Tuna, mine has a knurled shoulder on the inboard part of the shaft. The inside washer slightly presses onto that. The blade loosely slides over the shaft and rests against the inside washer. Then the outside washer slides over the end of the shaft and is sandwiched between the blade and shaft nut. Mine is reversed thread so any torque from the blade tightens it more.

8 Likes

Hey Kyle

The first time I had an intake manifold burn out event I was showing the truck at a conference of about 50 - 60 people 12-15 years ago . I had no idea what was going on and will never forget it . Took me a while after I got back home to figure out what had happen and never let it happen again.

13 Likes

Was it from not doing a clean out?

5 Likes

I didn’t know that I should do a clean out :frowning_face:

11 Likes

Some of that other 75% on the job learning that sticks with you for good.
Bob

6 Likes

Buzz saw frame is getting there, drill mount holes for the bearings then build the swing rest and guard. Going to bolt this down on my antique Model A axle trailer I restored a few years back.

10 Likes

Kyle, what are you going to do for a blade? Up here they are fairly available. Usually they are about 30 in. diameter + or - a couple. The biggest use of them is to paint a scene on one and hang it on the wall. TomC

4 Likes

I believe he already has some blades, he’s just focusing on restoring the mount.

3 Likes

I have a 30 inch blade that came with the shaft assembly. It was horribly sharpened decades ago by the looks of it so I’ll need to reshape the teeth and set the kerf. These blades on the east coast are apparently top dollar in reasonable shape. Mostly because people want to decorate them. That’s all and well but hurts a bit if I need a good spare.

5 Likes

Victaulic brand pipe reducers

I often thought how nice these might make a v hearth

9 Likes

I work at a waste water treatment plant so I thought the very same. That would be a great experiment :+1:

6 Likes

Built my centrifuge… have about 460.00 into it with new marathon motor snd bowl… have mine spinning about 6800rpm with 8 inch bowl. Gonna melt some aluminum and build a 11.5 bowl…the lathe i just got only has a 12 swing.

12 Likes

After about a month resting and many backroad miles I finally drove it to work. So much stop and go traffic for 12 miles here in Greensboro but no hiccups at all. Engine and gasifier runs strong. The rest of the truck acts like it just escaped the crusher which I can easily fix. Everyone came out to see me fire it up before clocking out for the day. The usual astonishment, smiles and video taking. All that’s keeping me from making this more than a weekend cruiser is my fuel supply and storage. Ill need to sell this 1/3 of an acre for my 15 year long woodgas addiction.

10 Likes

Refresh of the filter housing

16 Likes

Yep.Yep.
Now that you have a real-using WoodHog have to feed thatbeast.

Cheer up. It will not take a whole south-forty of a woodlot. Depending. 3-5 acres dedicated to fuel woodie fastest growing. Or the annual maintenance off of 10-15 acres already established woodlot in your climate.
Even upgrading to five acres 'ought to give you the space and allowance to process and store from volunteering storm damages cleaning up to neighbors.

Ha! You had me there head scratching your opposite side gas outlet, until I got it.
Interesting to see how your cyclone-cooler works out for you. A for-sure pre-cooler. How VesaM uses his.
Best Regards
Steve Unruh

8 Likes

Kyle if you weren’t 2 hours away I’d say you’re more than welcome to harvest some trees and trailer them off.

Offer still stands but it seems a little counter intuitive unless you can get a jumbo trailer.

9 Likes

I have everyone I know offering wood, it’s just my ability to store it with so little space. Shed is filled will nothing but tools. Back yard is too tidy for chunking and what not lol. I have a good corner for what I store now and keeping it dry. Just always miss my Grandfather’s 80 acre farm these days. Ohio is what I’m aiming to move back to. I’ve put enough time in a cul-de-sac with houses too close. I store about 25 sacks of wood in various places like my friends house, work and whatnot. Making refill stations where ever I like to visit. My main wish is to have concrete, roof and enough room to weld up at home instead using the shop at work after hours. Soon enough

10 Likes

Hey Kyle, you need wood then start your self a tree triming dead fall business. Let the storms do the work for you. If you do not want to do the job bid it really high and sub it out. If it is easy pickup and haul it away, bid it low. Wood is wood no matter how you collect it. Better to have some pay you to haul it to your place to turn it into fuel. It will not cost you any monies in fuel to pick it up just your labor. I would bet you could have enough wood for a year after just a few tree wind fall storms. @mggibb .
Mike Gibb had a big old cotten wood tree fall down in his yard this last year and he cut it up. He will be burning that for a while. He also heats his house on wood besides the WK Gasifier Truck. He goes out and finds wind fall trees for fuel, in the area he live. Cuts them up hauls them home to prosses the wood into fuel.
Bob

9 Likes