Argos 2020 Planning

Hey @kev, haven’t heard much from you in a while, wondering if you were planning on going to Argos this year? I have a particular interest in your truck as it is the newer style dakota from the earlier style, and it would be quite interesting to look at the trucks at argos knowing more about the WK system.

3 Likes

we plan on being there, hope nothing changes👍

7 Likes

I can’t make any planning, the COVID19 as main reason, i was in the Chinese infected zone less than 3 months ago and been put on restrictions for travel untill further notice. Even today , for blood donation, i was refused…
Better brace ourselves… more to come…

7 Likes

Hi Koen,
Glad to hear you’re OK. I pray for your good health to
continue as I pray for us all.
Pepe

5 Likes

Hello Wood Gas Friends!!
Here is a link to the promised Argos 2020 Sign-up sheet:

(this will be referred to as: Post #46)

Thank You!! :smile:
Link to Results (only) Page:

To enter your information, use the top link: “Argos Wood Gas Meetup 2020”

Hey, well… Hi everybody. I trust you are doing as well as possible. I listened to the news today :thinking:, and knowing of major billion-dollar trade shows (The National Association of Broadcasters convention, that fills every hotel in Las Vegas,for example) that have been flat cancelled, I think we need to discuss the possibility of having to postpone or cancel our event. I have been thinking positive, as this should be all done with and safe for all by June, every day the reality is getting more sobering. I know we are all responsible people, but It is not reasonable to think that long-distance travel will remain safe and unrestricted. At this time, I think we should keep an eye on the situation, and proceed optimistically and prudently to discuss what comes next.
Keep Calm, Trust in God, and Carry On! :slightly_smiling_face: :sunrise_over_mountains:

8 Likes

I second what Mike said .

7 Likes

I’ll third that ! ! !

2 Likes

Well, I have just finally got my vacation approved for the june 14 weekend. I hope this thing is over by then.

5 Likes

I agree 100%. Nobody should be going anywhere in June.

If we are successful in “flattening the curve” which would be a very good thing, it will inevitably take longer to make the rounds, months possibly years.

We desperately need this extra time for the medical system to be able to handle the case load. At the current exponential rate, there simply aren’t enough beds, oxygen tanks, and ventilators, and they will be deciding who lives and who dies. As of now, hospitals in Italy are recommending anyone 60 or over simply stay home and take your chances. They can not give you a bed.

If this thing is actually over by June, a lot of folks may be attending funerals instead of Argos.

7 Likes

I second that motion, i had a severe type flu this year at about 1st of january, not think it was corona flu but i may take the free test just incase. no sence chanceing getting a dehibiltating lung infection, that acording too the experts, could nock 12 years off anyone life, if severe enough.Sounds like serrios virios, not fully known yet how long it hangs on, and no comercial avaliable antidote shots yet.Onistly i dont normally take flu shots, as it seems too desolve faster without the shot.This bug might be my exception.

2 Likes

Take a good balance of vitimens, eat healthy foods vegies, Maybe get some sort of filter mask for when out shoping, food shopping when needed.https://youtu.be/3PEgpwGSB-4 PS CHINA owns 57 % of disney land. Just a posible note from the panic crowd.

2 Likes

Hi Garry we will miss you this year, but enjoy your family and the beech !!!

1 Like

I agree with Mike also, will keep an eye on what is happening.

3 Likes

Here is an idea!
If it becomes neccesary to cancel the Argos event, why not a virtual event. Everybody could spend the weekend at home working on woodgas related projects and share pictures and video. If somebody knows how to do a live stream that would be fun.
Not as good as a real event, but better than nothing

13 Likes

Andy may have woodgased his first engine only last year but he has some of the brightest ideas here! I would like that wery much.

5 Likes

I agree with kristijan that would be a great idea, though i havent turned on my two way vidio yet , i could.

1 Like

Yes, outstanding. I should buy a real camera.

1 Like

Do we already have a deposit down on the fair grounds?

2 Likes

We might, but that is not more important than people’s health and safety. Each of us should be watching the situation every day. :slightly_smiling_face:

6 Likes