Argos 2021 Planning!

Try Try Again. God Willing we will have a meetup this Spring. I suggest either Thursday May 20th through Sunday May 23rd, OR Thursday June 3rd through Sunday June 6th. These are the weekends before and after Memorial Day Weekend.
Here is the thing… Indiana has reasonable rules about numbers of guests, masks and distancing at this time. Our group is much like a big family reunion event. The 4H fairgrounds, in Argos, are “sponsored” by the Purdue University Agricultural Extension people. If they are agreeable, I think we should make a reservation for the commercial building we normally use. I don’t know much about the new building. Maybe @Ron_L can help. Timing must also work out for them.

12 Likes

Hello Mike .

Those dates are fine with me :grinning:

Thanks much for your participation and setting this up :blush:

6 Likes

100 thumbs up! I better get busy. You would think I would have used the extra year to get a project done, but no. :slightly_smiling_face:

8 Likes

Hey Andy, I love your charcoal screen classifier. I am still thinking about building one.
Bob

4 Likes

So which dates are we planning on ?

3 Likes

Jakob, which of the dates in post #1 would be better for the North crew?

2 Likes

June 3rd through June 6th would be the best for us.

3 Likes

Hi Mike, Michael Gibb, and my self like June 3rd to the 6th.
Bob

3 Likes

I would prefer the later dates as well. Thanks Mike!!

4 Likes

I would prefer June 3rd through the 6th. Maybe the weather will be a little nicer by then.

5 Likes

June 3rd is better for me too

2 Likes

June any time sounds good here.

2 Likes

I had to get in my vacation requests by the end of the month, so I requested the june 3-6 weekend. Seems that is preferred time for all those posting so far.

5 Likes

Time to make contact with the fairgrounds now. We will see what we can reserve. June 3-6 is fine with me, too. :slightly_smiling_face:

6 Likes

OK. We are at least “Penciled In” for the Argos, Indiana fairgrounds for the June 3rd through June 6th weekend. Using the same building and paved area we have used in the past. :smiley:

5 Likes

I wish, but no bugs so far…so…

3 Likes

JO I don’t understand. Any chance you can travel? Koen any chance of you being there either?

2 Likes

Jakob, by bugs I meant Covid. Sorry, but I doubt I will make it this year, even if the pandemic should suddenly disappear.

3 Likes

Well we are going to miss you, but I understand practical reality.

Mike. I know last time we had some problems with draining condensate and cleaning out trucks. What do we need to do this year so there are no problems with that?

2 Likes

Jakob,
It is very simple to say, maybe harder to accomplish. No dumping. We will have to catch ash in a metal container, and cart it away on Sunday. We will have to catch condensate, and cart it away on Sunday. Park Rules: Leave only footprints, take only pictures. I think we can do that, just have to think about how. The local residents WILL be watching us. :thinking:

3 Likes