Argos 2022 Planning

Is it too soon to be thinking about plans for next year? Many ideas were discussed at the last family reunion (Meetup). What do we want to do? Same place, Same as always? If so, What do we all need to do to make it easier for those coordinating.

6 Likes

Im already building next years project so no never too early. I never seem to be ready so trying to get a head start. :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Lol, Matt I always am trying to catch up.

We have discussed having a meet up down here. Is that something that would interest anybody? Just throwing out ideas.

3 Likes

Alabama is certainly closer to me than Indiana.

2 Likes

It just makes one more day drive for Mike and I, Marcus too. That’s 4 day traveling down there and 4 days coming back home. For a 3 day event. The way Marcus is getting the word out and people showing interest in building WK Gasifiers we might end up with a group of serious wood gasers here in Washington State.
Bob

6 Likes

Super easy on me but would be a longer drive for the majority of our membership .

5 Likes

Maybe we could plan staggered timing events? One in Argos and one in Alabama.
Maybe a month or two apart from each other.

4 Likes

@Tone, have you ever been to the US? :wink:

3 Likes

Christian, never, but I would like to attend such an event for once, but I am afraid that these are just pious wishes for me and for you.
:roll_eyes::disappointed_relieved::grinning:

3 Likes

Wishes do come true sometimes… Specialy in this great comunity

11 Likes

Having three or four from across the great pond at the DOW event? Yes we could accommodate you all. So far We have had three. We love our extended families in the world of gasification. Koen, JO, Kristijan, Tone, and family are welcome. Any others far or near are welcome too.
Bob

10 Likes

Well, Planning Time indeed. If we are consistent for the Indiana event, It would be the first weekend in June of 2022 in Argos at the fairgrounds. They have been good to us. There is enough room to spread out. They also have tolerated our unconventional ways!! :upside_down_face: :roll_eyes: :innocent:
Friday June 3rd, Saturday June 4th. Arrival day Thursday, leaving / clean up Sunday.

If anyone wants something different and / or additional, and they have a workable preliminary plan, we can talk about it! :blush:
Yes, anyone who wants to give a woodgas related talk is welcome!

7 Likes

Hello Mr. Mike .

The above sounds good to me :blush:

Thanks again for all you do !

7 Likes

What Wayne said…
Bob

3 Likes

That sounds good to me.

3 Likes

Im a little late to the discussion, but here i am. We did talk about doing something in michigan, but i cant seem to find any real advantage. Mostly were just frustrated with the new restictions at argos due to the new building. However, on departure last year, the fairground people seemed eager to have us back.
I do agree wholeheartedly that we need to divide the work up more so that everyone can relax and enjoy the event. Please let me know how i can help.

9 Likes

Im not sure how this global pandemic thing would effect travel for our international friends, but i would be happy to kick in a little toward their ticket. It sure made for a great show when some of them came over.

13 Likes

What Andy said.

Plus 20 characters

7 Likes

I’m in for some to help. Anyone is welcome to come by our place for days before or after. We could probably arrange to pick someone up at Atlanta airport if need be. Let me know what’s needed.

7 Likes

I am glad we are having a discussion about Argos now. Lots of working people have to apply for vacation days before the start of the new year. Some people traveling further distances need to plan ahead a lot. If you have people in your area that have been to Argos please contact them and fill them in on the details. Would love to see members who haven’t been around in a while. Encourage them to come even if they don’t have a truck to show. We might restoke their interest.

7 Likes