Argos 2022 Planning

Hey y’all. I’m also in Alabama. I was thrilled to discover the Argos woodgas meetup in 2019, and was planning on bringing the family up to the next one, but then the pandemic happened and things kind of fell off the radar. We’d love to know when and where event(s) are planned for 2022 as this would be a first for us.

7 Likes

Ray,
We are planning to meet in Argos, Indiana (Marshall County Fairgrounds) on the first weekend of June. Not set in stone yet, but I expect it to happen. Folks may plan to arrive on Thursday, June 2nd 2022, after Noon (some arrive earlier, some later). Then we do stuff and eat until Sunday morning, when we eat some breakfast, finish cleaning up, and head for home. Pretty exciting. We all look forward to it. :cowboy_hat_face:

5 Likes

Hello Ray and welcome to the driveonwood site .

Where in Alabama are you?

5 Likes

Brownsboro (right next to Huntsville)

4 Likes

Nice country up your way . Have driven through there many times :blush:

6 Likes

Those dates will work for me, even though I haven’t been all that active on here and have yet to start on a bigger woodgas project, I still feel welcomed to the woodgas community and enjoy coming to the meetup. Tyler

9 Likes

I’ll be willing to put some money in a travel fund for international friends as well. I don’t have a preference if it’s at Argos again or if we add on a southern meet up at a later date. I like all the meet ups I can get, I’ll make shure to attend. Fingers crossed with a '76 C10 and my stainless Ben Peterson style gasifier. Looking forward to the future plans.

8 Likes

What is everyone’s idea on shirts for this year? We didn’t take any shirt worthy pictures at the last meetup that I have seen.

4 Likes

I’m for a shirt with the DOW logo and year on the front and leave the back blank. Some people like one pocket on the shirt too.
Bob

7 Likes

I got the wife working on a sticker for my truck I’ll show you guys when it’s done, might be Argos worthy

5 Likes

We had magnet signs for Drive On Wood at one time. Before I joined. Maybe someone can show one of the old signs here?
Bob

2 Likes

Richard Cooper from north of me in Indiana designed the 8x11 signs. He also built the 1998 Dakota that I am driving. That would have been in 2011 or 2012.

4 Likes

Do you have one of those signs?
Bob

1 Like

I will try to find one of those signs and take a picture. They had flames for the background and lettering on top. There would have been examples that Richard posted on here. But they don’t seem to load for me. They probably are too complicated to make a tee shirt print wise. Best for shirt design are high contrast photos with an uncomplicated background or silhouettes.

2 Likes

I was thinking of making more of those signs.
Bob

5 Likes

I have one on my S10. here is a picture of it from Argos 2019.

9 Likes

I love that flair stack Don!

5 Likes

I can help with a travel fund as this really brings interesting perspectives on woodgas and life.

5 Likes

Personally I’d like to see some DOW T shirts and magnets/stickers sold on the website. Would definitely help out with server funding and we would get shirts that we don’t have to worry about ruining.

Only other item I could think of is ball caps. I really like the all fabric rope hats/grandpa hats like my AC Delco GM hat.

3 Likes

It is also the exhaust pipe for the engine which collects heat on the way for nozzle preheat.

7 Likes