Argos 2022 Planning

So same idea I had for my truck, but couldn’t fit in the bed :rofl:

6 Likes

Cody, We do have some nice hats and shirts left from long ago. They are black with an orange logo. Similar on both the hat and the shirt. There were a few available at the last Argos. Mike Reynolds or Chris might be able to find some for you. The shirts have never been too expensive. Mike Reynolds usually calls for shirt ideas a bit before Argos. His brother is in the graphics field and helps. Mike has been great at organizing the sizes we send to him and getting the order in. It’s no small undertaking. I can attest to the fact that the black shirts hid a lot of tar drippings. Lol.

7 Likes

Yes I love any color as long as it is black, when coming to the shirts. My non black shirts all have tar or other work stains on them. If we could get more black shirts that would be great.
Bob

5 Likes

Two announcements: We have a solid date for Argos 2022. June 3rd, 4th, and 5th are confirmed by Kevin the fairgrounds manager. Hurrah!
My brother says he is OK with printing shirts this year, once again. There is a lot of work behind that statement, I just kind of organize things and help a bit on printing day. That means we can talk about what we really want for shirts. My rules are easy. Not too many choices. No light ink on dark shirts. It is hard to make it look good without multiple passes, too many chances for error. Pockets are ok, but they get in the way of the printing process. I like to keep things practical, we are doing this with minimal, basic equipment, nothing fancy, just what works every time if you plan properly.
If you want something special, go to:

https://www.customink.com

and pay accordingly! :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

Let me know how i can help Mike. I think you have my number.
For shirts, i like this idea, but with a gasifier diagram.

11 Likes

That s hilarious. Been lurking for years and am starting to throw my two cents in. Love to come and meet everybody but it is a long ways away from Northern Vancouver Island.

Buzz

5 Likes

We welcome you Canadians here in Washington State. I been to Vancouver Island a few times, a beautiful place.
Bob

4 Likes

Hi Bobmac,

Yes we get a lot of Washintonians here. Generally a bunch of great guys. Are you going to Argos this year? How far is it from your place?

Buzz

4 Likes

It is just a little over 2000 miles from my house. Mike Gibb and I have gone three times now. I took my truck twice and Mike took his truck last year but the transmission went out just out side of Twin Falls Idaho. So he rented a car and went to Argos with out his Wood Gasifier Truck. Picked the truck up on the way back with a new transmission in it. It ready to go again. It was a 10 day trip down, the Woodgas meet up event and back for me. It would be cool if more people from up here would go as a group.
Bob

5 Likes

Some DOW guys have been known to pick up hitchhikers from the Indianapolis or Chicago airport as they drive by on the way to Argos.

7 Likes

I heard they even pickup foreigners from across the big pond. And then they bring them to the Argos meet-up event. DOW people are a different breed for sure.
Bob

8 Likes

I have time off from work approved!:grin:now what fun project to bring??

7 Likes

I just found out the Date for my Granddaughter graduation that I will be attending, it is on June 3rd. The same weekend of Argos this year. So the wood gas meet up will proceed with out me being there this year.
This is a reason why I feel that the live streaming videos should be done.
I will look at all pictures taken, videos, read all the discussions and threads. But it is still not like being there in person taking it all in at the event. I feel the Live Streaming videos would be a plus to the Argos Wood Gas Meet Up Event for those who can not attend. Something to think about for thoses who get to go this years great event. The live stream could also help to get the word out to many, many more people who then could become members of DOW.
I am going to miss seeing you all this year.
Bob

6 Likes

Where is the unlike button? We’ll miss you bob. But of course family is most important. Im not sure how live streaming would work from a technical standpoint, but maybe somebody smarter than me can figure it out.

3 Likes

I have felt bad about not helping Mike Reynolds enough last year. When he is not overwhelmed he takes great pictures and videos of our Argos event. Mike does all the electric in the barn where we meet and the set up of the registration table and the tee shirt table. As well as helping with the food. Last year he even had a hot spot set up so we could post stuff online. We need to figure out how to make it easier on Mike so he can enjoy the event and make us a lot more videos !

5 Likes

@Chris already has a Live Feed program that we can use. Jakob North and I tried it out on the big trip he made. When he was traveling. He would give a invite and I would login.
We were on the free version that did not copy and save the videos, and was limited to 8 people, but the paided version was unlimited people viewing and multiple live recording at one time videos by more than one person. And it saved them all for later viewing, you could view it at the time after it was being showed live. All just using your phone to do the videos. Very impressive.
Bob

5 Likes

Hello Mr. Bob .

I was having a real good weekend until I read your post :frowning_face: :frowning_face:

3 Likes

Sorry for that Wayne. I do not like being the barrier of bad news. It is a event that I look forward to again right after it is over and I am driving home from it. I Hope to make it next year. No grandchildren will be graduating next year.
I had Dana almost talked into going also. She has family in Tennessee and we were thinking that we could follow you all back down and see your place and the North’s place.
We will have the Washington Wood Gas Meet Up this year again. I am looking forward to that one. Marcus will probably have two trucks to show off by then. Mike does have parking behind his shop for my truck.
Bob

4 Likes

Haha gotta find a firetube piece so I can get rolling on the new build and make some big progress!

6 Likes

Hey Bob. When is the WWGMU scheduled for?

4 Likes