Argos 2022 Planning

We have not set a date yet. Last year we had it so to line up with Jakob North’s traveling through Washington State.
It will be posted on the DOW site. Last year Mike Gibb had it at his place.
Bob

3 Likes

Being the new guy here I had to do a bit of research as to what Argos was. Is it an open invitation to all here on the forum? If so in reading this thread I assume it will be the weekend of June 3-5?
Kent

7 Likes

Hi, Bob!
Sorry about the date conflict, Family does come First!! This is a hobby for most of us, after all. :cowboy_hat_face: We know there are individuals who have made DOW an important part of their plan for living, too! For those who can not be here, we will try to provide more coverage. I am not an IT guy, the “hotspot” last year was an attempt to provide a path to more reports. I admit, videos have been way down on my priority list the last couple of years! Live web streaming is getting more common. I will have to consult the evil wizards of Google / YouTube for some answers. The “hotspot” will be back, God willing!
@pobrien603 : Thank you for all your help last year!!! :heart_eyes:
@Ron_L : hope you can be there!! :grin:
All who helped: THANK YOU!!
Time to do a sign-up thread!

5 Likes

Hello Kent Smith.
Use the right hand of this page slide bar tool and scroll back up to comment #44. MikeR’s January 21 info post.

Yes. All welcomed

4 Likes

Bob,
I probably won’t be able to make it out there till the fall if I make it at all this year so I wouldn’t wait for me. Unless you were planning on sometime in the fall, then we might try to work out schedules.

4 Likes

Mike, I s there a list of things we could delegate to different people to spread the load around?

4 Likes

Yes I was going to take the lead to do all the garbage hauling and help setting up and cleaning up for the event for Mike. So that glamorous and prestigious job position that is very important is now open for someone to volunteer for.
Bob

4 Likes

Okay Jakob, no problem we will proceed in trying to choose a dry weekend up here in the Northwest for the 2nd annual Washington Wood Gas Meet Up. Thanks for letting us know.
Bob

5 Likes

Jakob, Thanks for your help in previous years and the kind offer. There is not a list at this time, but I can be working on one. We can have a volunteer sign-up for jobs per day or per meal, etc. :innocent:
We can ask someone to be an “event captain”, because I really want to have a parade Saturday pm, and a formal “Friday Flaring” and a show and tell.

4 Likes

I like that idea of a sign up list. Most everybody would like to help, but dont know where they are needed.

5 Likes

I had offered to make and manage something of a program/schedule…which I can still do…but I would need some willingness/availability from others to be “items” on the list. Maybe a brainstorm here by all for ideas for “classes”, “events”, “schedule items”, etc.
Also, I would think that we don’t want it too busy, but also that some skeleton of a structure could be helpful to everyone.

1. So, Do you want me to do that?
  2. What ideas have ye?

e.g.:
flare off
parade(s)
time for rides
technology walk around/guided tour
theory classes
raffle

1. What else?

ALso, just to be clear…I’m not able to do the IT stuff. Not sure about the food coordination either at this point ,…

4 Likes

Thank you Billy for taking the lead on this. Now it is up to the rest of the members to volunteer. The CEO position that I was planning on doing is still open in the trash department supervisor and doer.
Mike can now focus on the video portion of the event, live feed, parade, and tee shirts and merchandise sales. Most of all his smiles of welcoming everyone and fellowship. Sorry I am going to miss all of this.
Bob

3 Likes

Thanks, Bob, But the event is still my responsibility, legally and practically.

Yes, go ahead, make a schedule if you can, Friday Dusk Flaring, Parade sometime Saturday, most of the rest is flexible. I still want it to be enjoyable, casual.
Food co-ordination is my biggest concern, that has do be done locally. Penguin Point fried chicken for sure for one meal!! [Friday pm works well]
Amish Pies!! Oh Yes, Please!! (Anytime)
Something Bar-B-Q-ed. :grin: {Saturday Lunch works well)
Saturday pm: Leftovers! :cowboy_hat_face:
PS: If you are counting on me for video coverage, you will be greatly disappointed!!

3 Likes

When we get closer to Argos we should consult with Rhonda Lemler on the food and what supplies we have from last year. Rhonda has a lot of knowledge on what has worked in the past and what is needed. We might also do a spread sheet on what is needed and what people are bringing for each meal. That way we don’t have ten people bringing sweet potatoes and no other sides. Thanks in advance again to Ron and Ronda Lemler for their advice.

2 Likes

Thanks for all your help, Paul!! Yes you are right. I have not heard from Lemler’s in a while, I will have to give them a call. By the way, I would be happy if ten people brought sweet potatoes, I really like those!! You are making me hungry! :rofl: :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

2 Likes

This is the beauty of the live feed program that Chris S. Had Jakob and I try out. Anyone with a cell phone can do the live feed and it will be stored under the 2022 Argos Wood Gas Meet Up. That can be viewed later by everyone. The invite comes to your phone and you login for a live feed or view it later.
Bob

2 Likes

Bob do you remember what the costs was for the premium edition? I remember that the non-premium edition was used for Jacob’s trip.

1 Like

Paul I do not remember the cost or the name of the web site. It is probably on Jakob 2020 across America thread. Maybe @Chris could help you out. It would be great to have the Friday hangouts again. Lots of great information there. We could even watch Matt at work building on his projects. I was really new to DOW back then and just watched it. I was to shy to even talk to the boys. Can you believe that I was shy. Yes it is true. Lol. This is another plus of DOW, the people here are some friendly and kind people willing to help. Even to the shy ones like me. Then we come out of our shell and join in with the DOW family.
Paul I am sorry that I will not beable to speak with the group this year that you planned on doing. I Love to share what YEHOVAH Almighty God is doing in my life at the present time. Next year YEHOVAH willing for sure okay.
Just found out it is a go for my left knee surgery on Friday morning. Keep me in or thoughts and prayers. Getting some little pieces remove that have been floating around my knee causing pain for years removed. God is good. Praise His Holy Name YEHOVAH and His Word Yeshua the Son for all the Doctors and support groups that can do this to help people.
Bob

3 Likes

Hope you guys are keeping your schedule free for the Argos, Indiana meet-up. June 3rd, 4th, and 5th

4 Likes

I am hopeing too show up friday night, sat. morning, if i can finish my dakota gasifier build/ in time.

3 Likes