Argos 2022 Planning

Hi, I am new here, but couldn’t help but notice you people are kind enough to host this in my backyard.

A couple of questions:

• Are seekers welcome? I don’t have a woodgas powered vehicle…yet.
  • Is there a cost to attend the event or enter the grounds?
  • Is camping a possibility? Where to people stay?
  • Will there be any vax/mask requirements?

Thanks!

5 Likes

Welcome to DOW Hans, You don’t have to have a woodgas vehicle to attend. There is no cost to attend. We do camp on the grounds. There are also motels 9 and 13 miles away. The Argos meet-up is a great learning opportunity. You get a chance to ride in a woodgas vehicle. Lots of great DOW guys there. And you will get to meet Wayne Keith in person.

5 Likes

Hi Hans, and welcome. Yes all are welcome to this event.
That is alright, just come look all the different wood/charcoal builds that others will bring.
No cost to enter the grounds or event. We do appreciate donations for all the wonderful food you will eat.
Camping is avalable motor homes, trailers, tenting, no lodging in town. No mask required.
I am sure You will love this event.
Bob

5 Likes

Hans,
Yes, you are welcome to attend! It is an open invitation to forum users. Yes, we ask for a donation to help with food and rental fee for the building we use, and there is an electric fee for RV connections, or anyone using a significant amount of energy, that goes to the fairgrounds to offset expenses and help them to want us to come back next year! We are an unusual group and must leave the fairgrounds in good or better than we found it condition. Hope to see you there. how far away are you from Argos / Plymouth Indiana area? (Marshall County Fairgrounds) I am just about 90 miles away in Adams County.

6 Likes

Well I dont think Im going to be able to make this years event. 2022 First quarter sale have shattered all records of 10 years of doing business and new sales are already coming for next quarter. I just placed the largest order for raw materials Ive ever placed 3550 lbs of steel I have on the way and will need to process all of it in a mater a just 6 weeks!! Thats just cutting it! then we need to transform all that steel into finished machines before the end of June. Yeah its going to be busy and this buisness is about to suck the life out of me!! haha

10 Likes

Sounds like you’re suffering from success

6 Likes

Matt: Even successful entrepreneurs need a break now and then! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:
I wish you God speed and much productivity!! :sunglasses:
Bring some “kits” to Argos, and we can do some assembly for you! :cowboy_hat_face:
Entrepreneurs also need to learn how to delegate. :thinking:

9 Likes

Hi Mike, I’m in LaPorte, about one hour northwest of thee fairgrounds.

4 Likes

Come on and see us. All are invited whether you have something to show or not. just be sure to signup whenever Mike gets a chance to set up the sheet.

6 Likes

And dont be afraid too ask for a ride in a wood gas truck/ they like showing how there trucks work in the form of rides around town,

5 Likes

Bump back to the top. Just over a month and a week away. Hope to see you there. Remind your woodgas friends you haven’t seen on DOW in a while.

3 Likes

@MikeR What do we need to do to get a sign up sheet setup?

3 Likes

Ohboy! Ibetter hurry and get a project ready to bring!

5 Likes

Unfortunately I have 2 grandchildren graduating so will be unable to make Argos. I will be vicariously riding along with your posted travel and fabrication stories.

6 Likes

Sorry to hear that you won’t make it, but family always comes first.

4 Likes

What Jakob said . You and Bob will be missed :disappointed_relieved: :disappointed_relieved:

2 Likes

No worries, I will post details soon. Probably this weekend. if you post it too soon, people lose their enthusiasm! :cowboy_hat_face:

4 Likes

Started a sign-up sheet thread.
Argos 2022 Signup form - Events - Drive On Wood!

4 Likes

Thanks Mike!!! If there is anything you need me to do, don’t hesitate to ask. I’m not particularly computer savvy but I have a little brother whom I can recruit that is.

4 Likes

I have decided finally…
Sorry, no new T-shirts from my sources (my brother and I) this year. Too many stressors, too many family health and welfare issues, plus I can’t decide on which artwork, can’t get a color I like in the usual common sizes.
Bummer. Out of time anyway. :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: :rofl:

1 Like