Argos 2023 Planning

Someone should start a de-briefing topic for last week’s get-together. Why not combine that with next year planning. God willing, we will do it all again next spring. There has been some talk about an event at a different part of the country. We can talk about that here as well.
For now, I would like to hear about what went well, and maybe what could use some improvement. :cowboy_hat_face:

9 Likes

We had plenty of food (again) Thank you everyone!!
The weather was great!! Thank You, Jesus!!
We didn’t do a “sunset flaring” …oops!
Inflation kept some folks away, sadly.
Donations covered all expenses, Yaayyy! (Thank you Everyone)!!

11 Likes

That’s two years in a row. Double oops!.
That is one of my favorite parts of the event. I hope we can for sure flare the trucks next year.
Yes I am sure the price of fuel had some effects on traveling. We will see this summer how much it effects everyone in the world that normally travel. Not those that are Driving On Wood.
I expect a lot more building projects in the coming months to getting started.
If you never start the project it is a sure given you will never finish it. Take the first step and then another and another… and so on.
Thank you all that took time to take videos and pictures, it was much appriecated. If any of you did and have not posted them please do it not to late.
Bob

8 Likes

I want to thank the ladies that did the food. Their work was an outstanding component of the event. I know they ask that it would be helpful if those bringing food would let them know early in the weeks before Argos so they could plan easier. Thanks to Ron Lemler again this year for all the wood. Rhonda Lemler, Lisa Keith, Mrs. North and all those that helped with the food and clean-up. Breaking down the extra tables on Saturday night made us able get on the road earlier on Sunday. Everyone had their demonstration areas cleaned up early also. Dan Moore had a great charcoal demonstration. Missed some of the other charcoal guys this year.
It’s great that we are thinking of things we should have done and what could make it easier for next time while Argos is fresh in our minds.

10 Likes

I really enjoyed Wayne Keith’s talk about his experiences driving on wood thru the years. The Escape from Berkley, the Salt flats speed test and the unexpected event while doing a group demonstration were especially interesting. I hope this is included in the program for next year

10 Likes

I thought that Jesse recorded that interesting talk. If so I hope he posts it here.

11 Likes

It seemed to me that Mike was a lot more relaxed this year. Like to see that trend continue.

9 Likes

Bringing this back up to the top.

We are only a few days into the new year… but that means i have to schedual my vacation… any thoughts on this years meetup?

5 Likes

The last few years we have done it the weekend after Memorial Day Weekend (Which would be June 1,2,3,4). This has worked well for most, but not all of us, especially those with graduation ceremonies, parties, etc.
I am pretty flexible on the date at this point. :cowboy_hat_face:
My brother Jamie and I are fully out of the t-shirt printing biz, we no longer have access to the equipment that we used. :zipper_mouth_face: :cry:

6 Likes

The second week of June (9th- 11th) would be better for us but we can make the dates previously mentioned would work for us as well. Any earlier gets busy for us with business.

I can deal with tshirts again. Mom actually has the equipment to do it now. so we might even be able to make them ourselves.

6 Likes

The wife and I can make any date work out for Argos

6 Likes

So, everyone, what say you? Second weekend in June? We all like to plan ahead. @Ron_L , @BillyAlabama , @Bobmac , @Chris , @ccweb1 , @don_mannes , @pobrien603 , @Handy_Andy , @Matt , @danny1003481 , Everyone? Wayne already said they are able to come whenever. I left folks out of the list, too! I am open as far as I know, God willing as always!

5 Likes

I can make that work!

2 Likes

June 9-11 works great for me, I am so looking forward to meeting some of you that have helped me SO much. Don’t know if I will have the 97 Dakota done by then, but I hope so!

Garry C.

2 Likes

Ya i hope too have my 99 dakota done before that, and i got plenty of hard wood should be more than dry by them dates, hope too make it back too argos with a wood gas truck, Them dates would work for me.

4 Likes

My youngest has a birthday on the 11th. So probably wont work out for me… but im for whatever works for the majority is best. :+1::+1:

We should have the 97 driving on wood soon :crossed_fingers:.

Its been dificult finding time to work on it lately.

4 Likes

The date is still flexible. That is why we are in this discussion. :slightly_smiling_face:
There are quite a few we haven’t heard from yet.

At this point it looks very unlikely I will be able to attend this year. Sad, so any date that is good for you all will work.
Bob

1 Like

I will surely look forward to the chance of visiting Argos and have a first hand view of the Drive on wood event. I am from Belize and work in a Mennonite Community(Shypyard,Belize) My Coworker and I, are looking to start building a gasifier following Mr Wayne Keith design with the plan to use for electricity purpose. I have read the literature and gone through the videos that mr Keith made available. We feel hopeful about our plans. As to the time i think i can work around a time between the second week or third week of june. Hope we see in Argos.

8 Likes

Raul, welcome to DOW! I just joined about 8 months ago and the help from the members on this forum is fantastic. They all just want you to succeed. What type of engine are you planning on using to generate electricity?

Garry C

6 Likes