Argos 2023 Planning

Dan,
Not too early. I can work on that soon. I just have to modify that Google Forms thing we do for this year. Time is flying, as they say! :astonished:

3 Likes

We’re coming this year. The Lemlers reached out and I’ve convinced Mary to give it a shot. We’ll be in Friday through Sunday.

I’ll also bring my chunker. I do need to pull it out of storage and fire it up, hasn’t been used in awhile.

If donations are short for the fairgrounds, DOW will cover the difference. We can be an official sponsor! :smile:

13 Likes

Is the date fixed then? June 8-11?

4 Likes

Andy,
Yes it is. I contacted the fairgrounds manager Kevin, and he will soon be sending a contract, as per usual.

5 Likes

Time off approved! Now what to bring.

5 Likes

2 posts were split to a new topic: Argos 2023 T-shirts!

I plan on coming. How do we contribute to help defray the cost of the rental?

2 Likes

Bill,
Bring some food with you to share, and a cash donation also helps!
If everyone contributes a little, It adds up to plenty!
Thank you in advance, and looking forward to seeing you there! I need to do a sign-up sheet soon, just for planning purposes.
Mike R

2 Likes

Just out of curiosity how many people are there usually

2 Likes

About 60-70 of your closest friends, and spouses, and family, even some pets. Y’All come. Its like a family reunion! :smile:

2 Likes

HI mike reynolds- i am hoping to make it this year- if i can get the qwuerks out of my wood gas dakota in time, argoes wood make a good 350 mile range trip one way, Too make the truck earn me some money back out of it while testing its quallity. HOPE TOO MAKE IT THIS YEAR.I need to get some hard wood chunks chopped and drying too. though i probley got enough soft wood dry allready,if i pull a light trailer that i have.

4 Likes

I’m going to be there with my dakota weather its on wood or dino. Hopefully on wood fingers crossed.

8 Likes

The more wood gas folks the better,hope you can get your dakota done by then too, how far are you from argos indiana.I was there one time for half a day- though i had no camping equipment-and i drove my little car. Not long enough too relax and camp out though.

2 Likes

503 miles (8 1/2 hours) per google maps

1 Like

Thursday, June 8th, at about 12:30 to 1pm in the afternoon, is when folks will start arriving. If you come earlier, the fairgrounds gates will be unlocked, but no facilities available. Kevin the fairgrounds manager is also farming and is super busy. When he gets there with keys he will unlock the buildings we use. (“Exhibits” building and restrooms). Then we sweep the building out, and get tables, chairs, etc. set up, plug in the refrigerator, that kind of thing. Campers can pick out a spot and set up. We might have a hot dog and snacks supper. McDonalds and others not too far away.

5 Likes

OK thanks Mike-R -i am writing the date and time on CALENDER- I got too find me a tent,or i could sleep in back seat of my dakota,i might be able to barrow a tent.

1 Like

Will anyone be passing through Indianapolis on Thursday, with a spare seat?

Raul Ordonez is flying in from Belize (Central America) on Wednesday night and could use a ride if one is available.

2 Likes

Ok I’m still a relative newbie here. Will be my first time to argos also. But several have mentioned about ways to pay for fairgrounds. I have 24 inches of 12 pipe, a stainless beer keg and a air compressor tank i can donate. If others have extras from their build could we like put together a group of parts for a wk build and raffle it off. Like buck a ticket or something. Might help somebody out. I know if i were to win I’d donate it to someone because luckily where i live businesses throw away everything so i i have piles of stuff ill proably never get around to using

8 Likes

Randy,
We have had a voluntary raffle of sorts on Saturday afternoon at Argos. People have donated home-made food and craft products, parts, entire gasifiers, projects made for donation, etc. Proceeds going to the Driveonwood general fund, which helps pay for expenses. We have also been known to bring free or cheap stuff to trade amongst ourselves. Whatever you are comfortable bringing along will be welcomed! Bring wood chunks!

4 Likes

Looking forward to my Trip from Belize to Indianapolis. By any chance anyone driving with free space will be passing through Indianapolis toward Argos? Already bought my plane ticket. Thanks.

3 Likes