Argos Meetup 2019

Woke up this Mothers Day morning thinking I was in Argos a few years ago 44 and misty thought I would tell the people coming from the south stop by Wal-Mart and get some long johns we may need them
Happy Mother’s Day
Dan

4 Likes

I think I counted 53 signed up for the Woodgas Meetup. We should be able two double that DOW Members !!!
Remember by signing up you are helping the people that plan this event for everything that is need to be done before you get there. Food, supplies, this is a invitation event. They need a head count. Please let them know if you are coming, sign up today.
I think this year’s event is going to be more epic then last year.
I’m starting to line things out that I need to take.
Bob

3 Likes

Are there any big parts of Argos that I will be missing, since I can only make probably from 3 in the evening Friday to Sunday? Will I be able to see everybody’s gasifiers, trucks and tractors by missing the first two days? I might be able to squeeze sometime earlier on Friday or maybe late Thursday night, but that would be pushing it. Thanks, Tyler.

3 Likes

Tyler,
You will be missing some visiting time, but getting most of the best parts.of the meetup, If you could arrive earlier Friday, that would help. We have an extra day this year, without firm plans. That is just fine with me! Casual is cool!

4 Likes

Usually people will pack up Sunday morning and start heading back home. So you will pretty much get to see everything in two days. We added the Wednesday set up day for people traveling long distances like Micheal G. and myself. We spend more days traveling last year to and back from the event then the event lasted. It was still worth it, and looking forward to seeing everyone again and meeting you and other members there.
Bob

3 Likes

Thanks, just wanted some input about what I may miss, but as far as getting there I have a pretty flexible schedule with another event going on with my school. If I can leave by 9 I probably will get there by 1 taking into account the time zones change from Wisconsin to Indiana. If the time zones didn’t change I wouldn’t need to plan to leave an hour earlier! but it is what it is.

2 Likes

I’m about to sign up. As far as bringing food to share (as stated on the sign up form), what do people normally bring to share? Snack food, meat, side dishes, desserts? Also, what other amenities are available at the fairgrounds? Bathrooms, showers? Just trying to get a feel for how “rustic” the place is.

2 Likes

Good morning Bryan .

Glad you are coming to the event , It will be good to meet you.

Yes Bryan , we have bathrooms and showers at the camp site . If bad weather we can move tents inside the huge building.

Because of the long trip for me I usually put a few bucks in the donation jar instead of bringing food, or wait until I get there and purchase some type of snacks or food locally.

5 Likes

Thanks Wayne. I am looking forward to meeting you and everyone else too.

4 Likes

Good afternoon Bryan,
For you and all the interested new members. We usually bring the meats and condiments, paper goods, lots of water, coffee and tea, with all the essentials. You definitely won’t go hungry. I, (Ronda) Ron’s wife have the menu figured out for most of the days and am looking forward to meeting everyone . For those driving in on wood we will have plenty of chunks to feed your vehicles also. Safe travelling and see you there.
Ron and Ronda L.

7 Likes

Ron and Ronda, you’re the best! Thanks for all you do. We all really appreciate it.

8 Likes

Hey members is there any interest in T- shirts for this Argos 2019. I would like to buy a couple if some one who had them made up last year is willing to have some made up. Heck I will help pay for some to be made.
I have a suggestion. Let’s make them with out the year on it and if we have some extras left over we can sale them the next year. I Love the gray T- shirts.
On the front just put " Argos IN. Woodgas Meetup".
@MikeR did you do the shirts last year? They were awesome.
Bob

4 Likes

Thanks Bob, I was thinking about some DOW stickers also.

4 Likes

Yes Al, I always wanted the magnetic DOW panel signs, but they ran out. Are you thinking about bumper sticker type or window sticker.
Bob

2 Likes

I am in for a two t-shirts and one of each of the DOW stickers. I agree with Bobmac on the t-shirt design.
Jakob

2 Likes

Good idea Bob! I wuld like a couple too!

For me, the black/orange combo Chis sent to me and JO was real nice.

2 Likes

I’ll take a t shirt. With a pocket? I wear a large

2 Likes

I’m in for a couple T-shirts. Stickers too.

2 Likes

If anyone gets an order going I am also up for a couple of tee shirts .

JO and Kristijan . 2 weeks from this morning we should be rolling into Argos :grinning:

4 Likes

Bob, and all interested in Argos 2019 T-shirts… There will be shirts this year. Almost didn’t happen, you can thank my wife, Joy and my brother Jamie for moving this along. There was no time for a pre-order list, so we just ordered blank shirts in size and quantity as was wanted last year. Jamie is finalizing the artwork, I think you will like it. As for non-dated, non event specific DOW logo stickers and apparel, I will leave that up to Wayne and Chris to decide, since it is their thing…

3 Likes