Post here about your discoveries and cool stuff that Discourse can do. It’s got some neat features you wouldn’t expect!
Here’s some tips on how to set up your profile to make it really shine. You can edit your profile by clicking your picture or letter in the top right corner, and then “Preferences”.
- Profile Pictures, aka avatars are very small, so you should make yours distinctive. Large simple shapes. Head shots are good, but get in on the face as close as you can. Cartoons work as well. Or, if your vehicle is distinctive, use that instead.
- Background image can be set for your profile page, and your user card. This will be seen when somebody clicks on your name anywhere in the forum. Make it something horizontal and not too tall. A vehicle works good, or landscape scenery.
- About me will also display on your user card and profile page. Keep it short but descriptive.
- Location is very important if you want to meet up with other woodgassers. No home addresses please, a city state will do fine. If you’re more worried about privacy just put your state or province.
- Website, if you got one, it goes here. Free advertising!