Gasifier based on cattle dung

Mr.Jeff and all DOW member,
Pl.find my version of simple fire gasifier

5 Likes

this is filter unit

7 Likes

Sorry for photos not a good photo grapher

1 Like

Photos look fine Vinod. That hold down for the lid looks like a lot of work. Good to see you are a doer and not just a talker. Looking forward to seeing it done.

4 Likes

Vinod , just one thing before you light it up , try and protect the nozzle pipe you are showing in your first photo , it will work and it will make gas but it will only last 30 mins and you will have to replace it .
a quicker way for you would be to try and install a T I G nozzle tip into the end of that steel pipe and encase it in some fire clay , or think about trying to order some shot blasting nozzles they are normally made of various types of tungsten carbide you should be able to get them locally or on line .
The lid is held down good but make sure you have a seal of some type there as the smallest amount of air getting in will cause you a lot of problems .
Dave

2 Likes

I’m really curious about how you are going to mount this to that little bike. Have you watched any of Koen’s videos?
What Dave mentioned about the nozzle. You may have not had time to look all through the forum. You should look at the nozzle Bryan White made.

Also the fluted nozzles that KristijanL developed.
I have made both of these for the simple fire I built. Haven’t been able to test them yet but they are proven designs. This is the Fluted nozzle in my SF.

The Bryan White design.

This is a close 3/4" nipple welded into a 1" elbow with a 1 1/4" pipe cap welded on it. I just started out with 1/4" holes and will fine tune from there.

Either of these will screw into the fitting your existing nozzle is it and can be easily interchanged.

3 Likes

Mr.Tom,
I will use cycle tube as gasket between lid and container
Thank for your time
Vinod

1 Like

Mr.Dave and Mr. Brian,

Here all these materials is not easily available the nozzle is available online but very costly.
As per Mr.Gilmor I also plan for steel pipe cover for nozzle and and searching same in local market.
Fortunately dirt bike filtration system I got here just like Mr.Koen used in their gasifier.

2 Likes

Mr.Tom,
Thank you very much I was trapped here in nozzle,but you escaped me the second one is my solution.
Thanks for the boost again
Vinod

1 Like

Mr. Tom
Just for sack of information if I apply 2 Nd nozzle picture above the same pipe will ignite my gasifier

1 Like

Either of those nozzles should just screw in the the same threaded coupling in your reactor. My reactor is only six inches across so you would have to make your second picture with a longer nipple to get it to the center of your reactor. If you went with the fluted nozzle I think you would want the center of your line of holes at the center of your reactor. If you look in the picture where I have the fluted nozzle in the vise there is a half inch bolt head driven into the end of the pipe. I did that to allow the water drip to seep out in case too much water gets fed into it. You really need more experience people to help you out here. I’m about half new.

This is a picture of my Simple Fire. Untested. I’m going to try and get it fired up this week.

2 Likes

Hi Everyone,
Pl.find the photo of my development

3 Likes

2 Likes

Actually I was feared regarding the nozzle melt so I simply make two holes in pipe extension and capped it and cover it with sand and white cement .if it will not work the extension will be replaced .
I have not received the silicon carbide or Tungsten carbide tube for nozzle

1 Like

Will take trial with in 2days

2 Likes

I notice that both you and Koen have better looking PVC and fittings than us.

I think that cement will break down pretty quickly under that heat. No big deal as long as it doesn’t clog your nozzle holes at least for a test firing.

1 Like

Hi Everyone,
After whole day effort got partially success on charcoal video is not uploaded here

1 Like

Link of my video or just search simple fire my version

10 Likes

Well done Vinod , proof of concept now established , now for the fine tuning to begin !
Does the engine rev up at all ? i can hear it ticking over , what happens when you throttle up the engine ? see how long it will run like that before your pipe starts getting too soft and see how much charcoal you have used up and how the nozzle has stood up to the temps .
Dave

3 Likes

Hi Dave and Brian,
Yes the rpm were high approximately 10minutes we run on charcoal, after throttling bike used to off,the engine stops
The pipe was not too hot but softened and charcoal consumption ,I have to see
No problems found in nozzle.
Regards
Vinod

3 Likes