Iller forwarder

What do you think, Do i need an air filter on this, I will only drive in the woods this winter, and it is protected under the hood, troublesome with this shape on the carburetor.
If I now get out of the air out of the clutch,

5 Likes

I’ve run motorcycles without air filters. Of course they were Harleys and could probably suck in a dust storm and not know the difference. In the winter, in the snow, in the woods, I’d do it. Or I’d wrap some old piece of cloth over it and rubber band it on.

7 Likes

I would at least use some pantyhose material but that’s just me.

5 Likes

Yes, be a good idea, can do something simple that keeps the snow away.

4 Likes

Jan, what are we looking at here? Are you feeding that old V4 woodgas? I see a welded pipe going in under the carb. Experiment-feeding it from the truck? Or, have you built another gasifier without telling us?

7 Likes

Hmm, did you discover this?
I’ve been thinking all summer about whether I should give the v4 gas, but I think I should run on petrol this winter, am quite close to the road, and think all the time about what you said it might be too tired, with gas.
But the job is done on the engine.

5 Likes

The plumbing is done and you won’t allow the V4 even a taste of woodgas? :smile:
I think all of us would like to see your truck parked next to the Iller and hear what the V4 sounds like on woodgas. You don’t need to drive it. Just move the crane to let us hear how it reacts.

8 Likes

Other brands available here USofA.
This one is the cheapest; new.
Should be European sources on this too??
S.U.

4 Likes

Thanks Steve, I did not find a filter that fit the carburetor I have on the v4, did not know what the Weber was called.
Now there are no problems when you showed me, should order one like this.
luftfilter krom, Weber DGV, DGAV, DGEV, 45mm högt - Dalhems :grinning:

6 Likes

Went out and fixed the clutch on the Illern, it was the slave cylinder that was bad.
And according to the wishes of JO, the ferret had to go on gengas for a while, now I became more interested in trying gas in the forest, JO is a naughty figure.
https://youtu.be/K1ylNyuppnk

9 Likes

Haha! I’m glad my plan worked :grin:
From what I could hear the little V4 liked woodgas :+1:

8 Likes

Hi Jo, I think you recovered a bit when you lost your job, now you have more time for various projects, but I see Jan overtaking you on the left, building a sawmill, a mysterious forestry machine that I couldn’t figure out what it was for. The time is coming for green energy, now the knowledge and skills you have will become valuable, you just have to cash in on them.
:grinning:

8 Likes

Yes, certainly. Jan now has two mills and I have only one. Maybe he is planning for his wife to operate the other one :smile:

Yes, certainly. So far I’ve only had enough time to let wood cut down on costs. Time to step up a notch and have it generate some income :smile:

10 Likes

@Tone It’s a small machine that I use to extract timber and firewood from the forest.

11 Likes

Jan, well done, a real forest monster, he seems unstoppable, the only thing he lacks is a vertical position in front of him instead of a lying barrel, wouldn’t it, Jo? :grinning::wink:

3 Likes

I’ ve never seen a machine like that before Jan. Looks like a sno-cat of some kind that the utility companies here use to service off road lines. Is the grappling boom mounted to the trailer? I’d really like to see a lot more pictures of the whole setup.

5 Likes

I’ll try to remember it tomorrow, it’s probably a line machine from the beginning, but not so much that is original anymore.

7 Likes

Hi Tom, you can look at the pictures if you do not understand what I mean, have a hard time finding the right words, feel free to ask if you want.

10 Likes

That is super cool Jan! Forestry equipment has always been of interest to me and when you mentioned a forwarder I had an idea but your customization to suit your needs on your land looks top notch! Nice work on the crane, one of my many list of projects is to build a very similar one to mount on the front of my dump trailer to make it a self loading unit

6 Likes

I’m sorry I could only click the like button once Jan. This is at least a 10 liker. I want this thing. I have a lot of swamp as well. I think I’m looking at about at least a thousand dollars worth of hydraulic hoses there. A buddy of mine just had to replace one on the loader of his tractor and it cost him $115 dollars. Looks like you tracks are conveyor belt with small channels for treads. I saw a video a short time ago of someone making treads with similar bent rods to position the belt over the wheels. That was a lot of work. Even last year I started planning to make a similar kind of vehicle out of a GMC Jimmy I have. I’ve gotten old and slow and my mind is much faster than my body now so I’m wondering if I’ll ever get to it but even if I do it won’t be a good as yours.

8 Likes