Joni gas generator, version 8.0 (GJ - 8.0)

Joni, did it last the life of the gasifer before retiring it. Or are you still using it.
Bob

1 Like

Bobmac,
yes, that frying pan turned out to be quite tenacious, I still use it on version (GJ- 9.0):grin:

4 Likes

Joni, that is good to know.

Here are some Japanese hibachi grills these are light weight ones. But on a bigger hibachi they are made more heavy duty. If you cross them 90 degrees you have a nice grate.
Free grate made of cast iron.

I wonder if my Dana would mind if I used this.
Bob

2 Likes

Bobmac,
I like your frying pan! :grin::+1:

3 Likes

I use cast iron pans and lids too. Stainless is hard to come by as scrap and the cast iron is free and seems to last. Also it’s much easier to drill a hundred holes into.

2 Likes

Good morning Guys,
I found the treasure trove of things Joni-Gasification.
His youtube channel has 54 videos on it from 4 years ago to present.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChLt5gF_J7viUoOz-xltkhQ/videos
Oh bother. It will not directly link up. It does exist. Just go onto any persons put up youtube (post #25 above) and while playing enabled on youtube, scroll down and click open the dark written presenters name.
I like your channel Joni. You showed disassemble engine pictures. Hurrah!
I subscribed.
I like your works progression.
You show vehicle gasification from the beginning USEING the vehicle as your test bed.
To me wood-for-power is not real unless I can see the actual shaft power maker - the engine.
Any other approaches always become an in-your-head-game. The dog chasing it’s own tail. Will never have a usability in reality.
Developing without the engine system then leaves too many factors out.
Leaves out the benefits that can be derived from the engine systems such as you later used with your hopper/bunker engine exhaust moisture removal system.
The vehicles driving shaking.
To make it as simple as possible use the engine; and what it is driving Systems, for benefits.

But men who would seal their wife’s iron-ware, :smiling_imp: better sleep lightly. :skull_and_crossbones: Or become friends with mr Bobbit. :sob:
My wife knows each and every one of hers, :scream_cat: even if not used for years!!

Regards
Steve unruh

4 Likes

When I click on it it says channel doesn’t exist :confused:

3 Likes
10 Likes

Joni; I sure wish the entire world spoke ONE language. I feel there is a lot of information in these videos that I can’t understand. TomC

2 Likes

Hi Steve & all , i just downloaded a app for my Android phone it is supposed to translate sound into written word , it sort works ok , it was a 100% accurate on a engine noise and laughter but hit and miss on spoken words while his engine was running , its called , " Google live transcribe " also they say for google docs on pc works but not as well , both are free to use .

4 Likes

Joni: I still can’t understand what I am looking at in this picture. What are the two “pods” that are welded onto the fire tube and up the incline to the hopper diameter

TomC

2 Likes

Tom,
this is the chute through which the air flows to the tuyeres. Free space, this is the place where gas will be taken from.

3 Likes

Joni: So, the 4th picture in the group that I took this one from, shows the “air intake” and is that on the opposite side from the picture I posted?. So, the chute that feeds air to the tuyeres does not go all the way around the hopper/fire tube. Ok, that makes sense. TomC

3 Likes

Hello Joni,
I have so far watched 30 of your videos’.
My favorite so far is probably your most hated.
The 15:00 minute January 4th, 2018 video. My favorite because I get to see Jodi the gasifier Operator-man.
Jodi many of us have also had to make a system perform being timed observed presentation live on video too. In front of many people audiences.
Very colloquial: bad shit happens, always, worst, then!
You did very well under this observation. Damn - no flare! I always can make a flare. You shook down your system twice. You scraped out your under grate. Still no flare.
Then you decided to just start the engine and drive with what you did have. Stupid flare be damned.
We have all had these experiences Jodi. You made the best decision with the best results.
So my favorite video.

Now this one I will repost here hoping for a CC conversion that I can get to text translate, or use d100F Dave’s Google trick to know your words.
You are making a goals and methods statement in clear language.
5:53 minutes January 24, 2018

4 Likes

Hello Steve,
I have no gasoline at all, I am always on the wood. In the video you spoke about, there was a rush due to which it was possible to simply set fire to the gas generator only after many attempts. The gas gave flashes but its purity, in daylight gives a blue light that the camera does not notice. So everything that you saw happened only on wood gas.

4 Likes

maybe the question is not on this topic, but it haunts me … Why do you (meaning this whole forum) have popular models of coal gas generators with a descending flow, while in the USSR there were many very simple designs of gas generators like charcoal and coke with anthracite cross-gas movement with one lance? They were easy to manufacture, had water / steam supply systems and were designed for a wide range of capacities. So, the main question is why complicate your life by building complex and expensive systems in production ??? What advantages are you pursuing by this?

4 Likes

in the end, you can build two-zone gas generators, they will provide you with good gas, are more susceptible to raw wood and large pieces of wood, and also use coal.
I have many interesting books, although they are in Russian, but with the help of a translator I think it will not be difficult for you to read them … I will publish them today, if you don’t mind.

3 Likes

Hi Joni , i hope i am translating this correctly it seems you are asking us why we have to over complicate charcoal systems yes ? , if that is correct then i will have to disagree with you on that subject and say that most , not all but by far the most popular and easiest way is to build a "simple fire " so named by its creator as far as we are concerned Garry Gilmore , then we have builds from Christijan and Bob Mack with there own swing on a charcoal gasifier , plus Matt R has now come over to the dark side and is building a steam cracking generator , and in the past week we are now looking to build a simple downdraft charcoal generator .
If you have books and drawings we would all love to see them for sure , i have tried countless translation apps this week to try and get it to convert your video’s to any kind of English , but i fear non will work they struggle to keep up with the speed you speak :smiley: ,
Love your work and your enthusiasm all the best .
Dave

4 Likes

I know why you are having translation problems. I did not speak in Russian, but in most cases in Ukrainian or in a mixture of Ukrainian and Russian, which is why problems arise. All new videos will be dubbed in good Russian and there should be no problems with translation.

4 Likes