Life goes on - Summer 2017

Mr. Wayne, Glad to hear no news was good news. I hesitated to ask how things were. When I lived in LA, we would get a report of a earth quake in Mt Shasta and folks from back east would start calling to see how we were. Mt Shasta is over 1000 miles from LA but all my friends heard was California earth quake.
Anyway it was time for a ride in the Dodge woodtruck. Thanks TomC

2 Likes

What size air compressor does it need? You do nice work!

2 Likes

Oh you know we need a video!!!

3 Likes

I am really trying to figure out the video thing. The children last used the video camera to make a ram pump video for Jesse. Now it won’t turn on and not sure why. It seems that electronic equipment has a hard time in a welding/wood working shop. In either case… I can make a video with the other camera, but I have to figure out how to upload them. Our upload speed is very slow. A picture takes about 15 minutes, so if anyone knows how to help me out with that, I’d be glad to start putting up more videos.

2 Likes

Don I am not sure what cfm is needed. We used a gas burner, double cylinder machine last week. I am trying to find out what the cfm rating is on it.

1 Like

Most communities would frown on this type of lawn mowing but I like it. :smile:

The hay is in the barn , the wood is stored , bagged and dry , the cows are fat , life is good !!

13 Likes

Maybe a library. Or burn a CD and mail it to some one with fast uploads.

2 Likes

AirCrete is on my list to make. Not too sure about domes but all kind of gasifier ideas come to mind.

Good stuff starts about in the middle of the video.

http://www.domegaia.com/little-dragon.html

7 Likes

Hi Billy , what size are the photo;s you are uploading ? my camera takes jpeg photo;s that are about 4 MB each so I use a software program that shrinks the size down to a few hundred KB with no loss of quality and only takes a second a photo to shrink , have a search on google and see what you can find for free .

Dave

4 Likes

That is a nice lawn mowing program just watch out for the piles of fertilizer. …

3 Likes

Mowing, fertilizing in two forms and insect control, all in one pass. Far superior to the gasoline type.

4 Likes

Billy, very good idea and thanks for sharing it. dave thibaudeau

3 Likes

Mr Wayne,
Most people use electric robotic lawnmowers now days. I like yours better. Wife’s parents used their sheep the same way. They cut everything in the garden into perfect shape.

4 Likes

Billy,
It is fairly easy to do a screen shot (print screen) of the photo while viewing your PC display, then open Microsoft “Paint” and “Paste” the photo into the working space. Paint has a “crop” command where you can select the important parts of the photo. Then click on “file” and “Save As”. Once you get to that point, your selections include shrunk down email files, JPEG files, etc. some much less megabytes than the original. Paint is included free on Windows 7 and before, most computers have it installed already. This takes longer to describe than to do, and it is how I get custom thumbnail photos for YouTube videos. I’m sure there are even better ways like Dave suggested.

3 Likes

I wonder if Refractory Cement could have air entrained? Maybe try adding a bit of wood ash to see what happens. It is hard to believe that Dawn dishwashing soap can hold the foamed condition when mixed with Portland Cement. I made some Ferrocement window wells for the underground portion of my cement house, and they have held up for over 30 years with no problem. I used the same method that people were using to build Ferrocement Sailboats, which meant a steel frame with layers and layers of chicken wire tied together with little pieces of baling wire, with the cement being forced into the chicken wire by hand. (Hard work!)

5 Likes

Hi Ray, that might be worth trying, not sure if it has ever been tied before. A new discovery is always worth the try.
Bob

2 Likes

I am not too sure about using it as a refractory. But, for complex shapes it would be worth a try casting parts from it like maybe a stationary cyclone. The base for my inverter generator. Charcoal grinder housings. If it could be protected from heat or become a refractory a cone kiln would be worth a try.

2 Likes

Good Morning TomC.
I too have noticed folks concerned about regional problems on national/international news calling us thinking that the whole left-coast was going down in the big-one.
Just happened a week or so ago in in a phone call. Concern that the 2-3 recent Mexico events were gong to migrate clear up here to me - 2000 miles away!! (had to bite my tongue as the caller is only 400 miles in-line from the New Madrid fault/event line.)
Most regional events are within region, localized.
We are now November-like cold raining here with cumulating snows in the mountain. While just 500 miles to the south; NorCal still without rain, in drought season, being wildfire devastated.
No one ever said that life would be fair. That distributions would be all be evened out.
tree-farmer Steve unruh

7 Likes

Decided to pull the plug on my one pumpkin, well ok there were a few more. Just might have seeds for next year. Hopefully I can plan on time next year.

Just before plucking.

The small pumpkin was a ground dweller planted at the same time.

This was the big one about three weeks ago.

11 Likes

with enough grease and salt and sugar those immature ones can be eaten alright.

It’s like making a gourd edible…or a tennis shoe. :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes