Life goes on - Summer 2021

Ha, Billy are you trying to trick me into talking about my favorite subjects - myself and Sweden? :smile:
I actually watched that video not long ago. Also, I remember getting that booklet. The advice given was pretty prep-light. Mostly for city people I guess.

Jupp, no mumbo jumbo :smile:
Some would say we’re also reserved and quiet. Being married I know not everyone fit the mold :innocent:

12 Likes

Here is a link to the English edition of the booklet mentioned in the video, “If Crisis or War Comes.” Edit—Sorry, I didn’t paste the link. Here it is:

7 Likes

Trying this: entire PDF.
if crisis or war comes.pdf (2.1 MB)
Clicking on link will start a download to your device.
The PDF will then reside in your downloads folder.

5 Likes

So the other day i was wondering about carl zinn and if he was doing ok, since we havent heard frm him in so long. I sent him a message, and he says they are doing pretty good. Cant do as much as they used to, and very busy.

11 Likes

Is he still working at the same place or did he retire? If he is very busy he probably retired :grin:

10 Likes

that is exactly what I expected too. A few years ago thye were burning all the old chemical weapons we had left over from way back. Up here in Anniston at Ft McClellon. After many people got sick the first day they had to redo the furnaces somehow, and they sent out a “hazardous gas preparation package” t everyone living in the region. It was really funny. It had a role of duct tape, some thin plastic sheeting. and a towel to stuff under the door. It also included a booklet with the contact information to call and find out when they were going to be “half burning” chemical weapons in the neighborhood again. we laughed at it, and put the materials in our supply cabinet.

I actually almost referenced that very idea when I first posted that to you. LOL I knew for a fact, though, that you would take care of it for me…HAHAHa

Thanks Andy

10 Likes

Just testing out the old long green flare tubes to see if they still work.
https://youtu.be/nK_FCW1YvcQ
I love the flare in the twilight of the New Day Starting. Observance of Feast of Tabernacle, God YEHOVAH and His Word living with us. Started on the 21st at Sunset and through this week through the Sabbath.
Bob

11 Likes

Like a deacon at a southern bapdimethocostal church. Just make sure you go visiting when people don’t show up so you can find out where they have been… :blush:

Jeff, I love the sign.

Like most things, my available time/energy for wedsiting waxes and wanes. This is a great site with great people. We have had some pass through that wanted to be persnickity I guess. WHen I’m not here, I just get updates from Jakob.

Cody, probably if the diaphragm is broken, it will likely be sucking atf into the intake and burning it…usually causes noticeable oil smoke in exhaust. But it might also be a mechanical failure.
Change the fluid…avoid synthetics if you can.

WHat Bob said.

Yay!

Shift points should be about 18 mph, 32-35 mph, and whatever it ends up being at the top.

8 Likes

Not sure if Dextron 6 is synthetic or not. Certainly better than the cheap parts store stuff that I saw a couple jugs of in the trunk. Right now I’ve got a quart of the Lucas ATF additive and the Lubegard additive and half of the fluid is Dextron 6.
Next week I’m changing the filter so i guess more of it will be 6.
I’ve softened the modulator a little bit, was thumping into 2nd gear. Goes just right with Big Toe driving. It really prefers the interstate though.

4 Likes

What’s the beef with synthetics. I have spent considerable extra money putting it in everything for the past 10 or so years thinking I was doing my machines a favor. Are we just talking trans fluid or oil as well?

3 Likes

For old engines and transmissions that have never run synthetics it can be hard on them the synthetics clean everything out and cause it to start leaking. If a relatively new vehicle is switched to synthetics it can extend the life span of the vehicle. Synthetics are good on new not so good on old. In My experience.

9 Likes

Ah alright. Might be too late though. I’ll get a couple gallons of some non synthetic I guess for when I change the filter.

In other news I fixed another issue in the Buick. It had a generic EVAP code and fuel economy has been not so stellar lately so I checked every single line and hose on this darn thing. It appears that at some point the PCV line going into the intake manifold just popped out. Plugged that back in and the light has gone away for now.

I need to fix the cooling fans next. They do work, they just never turn on. I’m wondering if it’s a bad ground or something. As long as I’m moving, temps claim it’s one notch below middle of the gauge.

2 Likes

I come here to read and, I finally reset my password so that I could comment. I haven’t done anything to my wood gas Dakota since the coyotes chewed it up. It isn’t operable on wood. I repaired the ripped out electrical so now, it does work on gasoline. I originally built the Dakota so that I wouldn’t be stuck if there was an interruption in petroleum supplies.

I’m in California and, have a bugout location in Oregon. 2 weeks ago, I bought a bunch of survival food and stuff. I believe that we are that close to collapse.
There has never been a bubble like the Chinese bubble. Evergrande is just a small example of what is lurking in the middle kingdom.
The last 3 posts on this page lay it all out.

Keep in mind that Great Depression one was set off by the collapse of an Austrian bank, Credit Anstalt. The world financial system is far more integrated now.
ALL western governments are collapsing.
Parkinson’s Law states that a big bureaucracy will grow by 6% a year regardless of work load. This necessitates a funding need growth of 6% a year.
4 Years ago, 51% of Americans received a check from GOV. Who knows what it is now?
Price’s Law states that; the square root of the number of workers that you have is doing 1/2 the work. That would indicate that <6400> of the 22 million GOV workers in America are doing 1/2 the work.

The zero percent interest rates have wiped out ALL the retirement funds, hedge funds, insurance funds, etc. The negative interest rates in Europe have wiped out the entire sovereign bond market. ONLY the ECB buys State debt in Europe.

Energy prices & shortages are showing up everywhere.

The changes in the sun are increasing destructive weather. With the weakening magnetosphere, the Earth is getting far more charged up than normal.
We get about 1 million lightning bolts a day.

As most of you know, the World Economic Forum out of Davos ran an exercise of what would happen if a cyber attack took down the entire world financial system.

This doesn’t bode well because the WEF is pushing VERY hard for the Great Reset. They intend to completely remake the world to conform to the ideas of a bunch of lunatic academics.

They want to stop carbon energy consumption.
They want to stop meat consumption.
Recently, A cyber attack took down the largest meat packing plant in the East.
Recently, a cyber attack took down the largest pipeline to the east.
This is what is called “an earnest of intent”
For those who are paying attention, they are a notice to prepare.

The super-program predicts that the WEF will fail in their attempt to redesign society.

I suspect that Bill Gates wants a BIG failure to fulfill HIS agenda.
Armstrong says that the window of opportunity for the Great Reset will close at the end of 2022. I suspect that the WEF will yank the rug out in time for this winter. They are dedicated to population reduction. A cold winter would go a long way to accomplish this.

I expect the DOW community to weather the storm OK.

6 Likes

Yeah, hard times ahead. Don’t think there’s much doubt about that.
Action over anxiety.
Faith (in truth) over fear.
preparedness over protest.

7 Likes

Armstrong Economics= Martin Armstrong. He predicted the crash of '87. He went to prison for 11 years. Some say he went to prison for stealing 750 million dollars, others say he wouldn’t divulge the secret of his 1987 precrash knowledge.
He was on Peak Prosperity in 2019 and predicted the housing run up and the DJIA making 30000.
He’s weird, but right often enough to make people listen.
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-09-23/democrats-agree-to-slim-biden-plan-giving-irs-bank-account-data
So they want to look at every transaction in your bank account…perhaps this should be in “things that make you go hmmm”

https://www.advisorperspectives.com/articles/2021/03/29/say-hello-to-fedcoin-the-u-s-digital-currency

"They can demonetize cash. People are given until a certain date to turn in their cash for a credit to their bank accounts. After that, the paper will have no legal tender value. But, as Yellen noted, many people are kept out of the banking system.

Last, they could issue a fedcoin and force everyone to trade their paper cash for it. But fedcoin would be nothing like bitcoin."
-A quote from the article.
They have already done this in India. A test program that got everybody to drag their cash out from the mattresses, and then pay tax on it.

It looks like it’s coming here so, what do you do? Barter? We could make bullets a medium of exchange ( there are less of them, then dollars).
Anyhow, I see this as a major disruption, especially in the type of economy I participate in ( yard sales, cash deals, farm markets).

1 Like

Sorry guys, cant comment on that. At least not before I read it on my laptop instead handy. Strange time it is, I just told my daughter. Dont be afraid just make sure you gather some basic skils. Woodgas is one, growing your own food should be the first. Left or right, fear is the wurst advisor. I had this conversation before and have realy no idea what to if things go wrong. Jump in the North Sea? With 18 milion on this poststamp size area…Belgium? Germany? A little more room, but not enough.

Anyway. I am playing another sunday, inspired by positive energy. Thank you Mr Gilmore.

It seems that this method is working for me

This is the feedstock. Small wood from the rebaki. In this first run we only picked the big pieces. I hope it will do ok and next time try the small also.
At a moment the thing started smoking badly. Probably the barrel got so hot and grew so much that the outer pipe got stuck. Some pipes in between and a torch to lite the woodgas did the trick. Maybe some day I am going to understand what is going on.

12 Likes

Went into the shop to work on the Micro truck and all I’ve managed to do is begin to finish an even older project. My electric stretch cruiser bicycle.
I originally wanted it to be a gas electric hybrid but the weaker engines didn’t mount well and bigger engines would have torn up the wheel.

This is supposed to be a Micargi Seattle SS frame with disc brake hangers. What they forgot to mention is they made two SS models. The Seven Speed(disc brake) and the Single Speed(coaster). I got the Single Speed frame. Had to weld in my own hangers. Worked out just fine I think.

With the lifepo4 battery I built I expect the bike to go at a pretty energetic clip of 35mph. Just fine by me. It’s a direct drive wheel hub so it can regenerate via coasting or braking. I wanted disc brakes because of the steep hills in my area. I’m really tempted to build a sidehack for this cruiser for storage in case I need to go to the country store but want to enjoy the weather.

A lot of guys put goofy ape hanger bars on these bikes but I went for the more old school reins look for handle bars. I might roll out a set of half moon bars instead.

6 Likes

Well, yesterday I welded my vise grips to what I was welding and today I spent some time trying to start a gasifier with the lid open. Maybe I need another brain MRI . . .

12 Likes

Jeff, that sounds pretty normal to me. lol
Bob

6 Likes

Checked it this morning. Top. Finally it worked. Way better than a hookway. Right the first time now. And while I was watching it, I found this

Someone here did the same. That will be my next try before a final.

And something else. After houseprices, now energyprices exploded. Electr is from 5 ct to 15 ct. Consumers pay 36 ct instead of 23.
The same with natural gas. 1,36 euro / m3 consumerprice. Average usage is 1500-2000 m3. Some people are getting into trouble.
For me? I have to convince the chief to stop cooking. It is cheaper to go out. For the test we use neither gas or electr.

3 Likes