Life goes on - Winter 2019

Only one picture? ? ?

5 Likes

Sorry about that, Don. We had a lot to talk about and photography was kind of forgotten about :smile:

8 Likes

Thanks for the post JO .

I would have liked to be there with you :grinning:

6 Likes

Wayne, we would have been honored big time.

2 Likes

A really fun day, I got to learn lots about JO’s car and gas operation. Don’t think JO got so many questions in a day before about gas and the car, I’m glad he took the time with me.
Above all I got a ride in the car.
That he then gave me great ideas, about sawmills and other things did not matter much.:grinning:

8 Likes

Don, I had to laugh because I thought the same thing.

4 Likes

At least there is a good looking guy in the pic:-)

2 Likes

I wonder how many bags of chunks that would have required for the return trip…

2 Likes

Hey Dan .

I guess on some of these very long journeys one would need to plant trees on his way and harvest them on the return trip :grinning:

8 Likes

Yeah yeah, I hear you. I’m more than aware I overdo it from time to time, but we all want something to watch and read, don’t we?

Most people have a short boost of “show and tell” when they enter DOW and fade away later on. Some kind of beardy integrity catching up, or whatever.

@BillSchiller, I really enjoyed following your initial progress in Minnesota. I miss it.

@don_mannes, Your first Tracker conversion was a real blockbuster. We don’t know much about your S10 setup.

Life goes on doesn’t even have to be about woodgas. Keep the cameras rollin !!!

And @trikebuilder57, Camera shy or not, videos can be edited :smile: What does it look like in your neck of the woods?

8 Likes

I feel guilty I haven’t had time to do anything wood gas related.
Lately I’ve been spending time making trails in our woods to tap trees, building a cabin for the kids and grandkids and building another greenhouse. I will post some pictures.

9 Likes

Jessh Bill, Slacker…:rofl::rofl::rofl:
(That was sarcastic humour just in case it was not obvious)

4 Likes

Thanks for the perfect segue, JO! I have a post that very much has to do with life going on…

Hopefully some day soon we can look forward to seeing little Tessa’s first experiments with gasification (she will probably start by tasting some of papa’s charcoal). She was born on Halloween, and was 7lbs 5oz.

Sadly I dont think I will be getting to that larger charcoal generator build for a while, and I didnt even get my metal shop moved into the barn I built this summer. At least all the engine grade char I made this summer will be ready and waiting for me in its steel drums.

13 Likes

Congratulations Carl. Thanks for posting.

3 Likes

Ditto :disappointed:

7 Likes

Thanks for the birthday present. Always welcome fellow spooks

4 Likes

Happy belated birthday Tom.
Bob

2 Likes

Ha! Ha! Well I am now into my third month of in-house woodstoving exclusivly with ready-made wheel barrows of picked up limbs and brush woods.
Land-clearing burn pile stuff.
How, with a true 12 inches of raining in later Sept and early Oct.??
Invested in the very best air gaped triple walled all-SS chimney system back in 1996. Rising heat suck your socks off.
Evolved through three different installed and replaced out woodstove types to get my wanted woodfuel range-use flexibility. Thank you darling wife for insisting on heavy mass all cast iron woodstoves with temperature retaining porcilin enamel finishes. The $$$$'s has been worth it.
LEARNED from you guys that with an established deep HOT glowing woodchar bed you can indeed get net-gain heating/woodgasification on even wet season picked up 40-60% wet moisture wood. Can indeed replenish a HOT glowing char bed as it is used up.

Thank-you. Thank-you, Mike LaRosa, Wayne Kieth and a few others for this expanding capabilities learning. I could not have developed this without you practical-Doing folks.

Steve unruh

9 Likes

Yes, thank you, Mike Larosa, and rest in peace, my friend.

7 Likes

It freezes to ice in the beams at Illern, it becomes like going on ice cubes, the machine just slips, hard to get up for the slopes in the forest.
Does anyone have an idea of what to do to avoid the ice? Is there anything I can paint?

1 Like