Life goes on - Winter 2020

As for seed, I’d get the 50 lb bag, you might like it and want to plant more. The bigger seed won’t go overly far anyways. Or I’m sure you could sell a part bag, anything can be sold online nowadays

1 Like

I don’t even know if it will take at this point. It isn’t worth 150+ shipping to find out for like 1/3 of an acre. 20-30 bucks I can live with. If anything I would go smaller since I can find out, and then collect seed if it does work.

1 Like

Probably never find the seed in sub ag quantities. But if you don’t need the bag you could become that reseller for a profit

I’m hoping I can find someone else that is doing it. :stuck_out_tongue: It is far more popular out west.

Find a local farmer who plants it and ask him for a few handfuls of seed when he finishes. That is probably your best bet.

1 Like

I haven’t seen any growing around here.
I’m better off waiting for @taitgarry00 to send me some of that special canadian variety. lol

I’m emailing resellers. Sometimes they have dealer samples.

2 Likes

While out DOW today I snapped this picture .

Looks like spring is near :grinning:

IMG_1221

8 Likes

Spring means getting your ass in gear, not your truck. Luckily it’s still winter here.

1 Like

My bees are finally buzzing. Only 1 of my 2 hives survived the winter

3 Likes

Crows and geese are back in southern Manitoba, extremely early, but the snow is gone down there, they’re seldom mistaken.

It was the warmest day since probably October, probably broke records, but I suspect we’re just seeing the start of huge planetary change, new records will be set.

4 Likes

Just got my maple sugar smoked bacon and hams back from the butcher shop today. Can’t wait to have breakfast tomorrow morning now.

10 Likes

Looks delicious Dan!

3 Likes

It was delicious. I am very happy with how my Berkshire large black pigs worked out. I will be picking up some more soon. They got some grain and mostly Timothy clover hay which I didn’t even know they would eat but put in for bedding. They loved the hay and did really well with it and a small amount of pig grain. At full grown just shy of 300lbs they where getting about a quart of grain each every day but the 4 of them where eating the better part of a bale of hay. They got so excited when you put in the hay it was fun to watch them play in it before eating it.

3 Likes

Making me drull Dan! Im 4 months overdue with myne pigs :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

4 Likes

You want a muskrat? I’m happy to donate one to your cause. I’m not sure it makes great bacon, in fact it probably will increase your desire for bacon and you will need more swine. :stuck_out_tongue:

I thought I had this thing whipped. Went through this last fall. Now here it is again. all routines scattered to the wind. Seems like such a minor thing, BUT IT’S NOT.

2 Likes

Tom we really don’t need videos of a person having a bad day using a gun to take their frustrations out on others after someone did that in real life the other day killing 8 Americans.

3 Likes

Hard to know what’s going to offend someone Dan. I still think it’s funny.

Spring equinox coming up this weekend.
Finally we will have the upper hand up for a while up north - in terms of daylight hours :sunny: :grin:

9 Likes

Picked up 5 more piglets yesterday. Large black Berkshire crosses. They are settling right in. As soon as I put them in the pen they started demolishing their hay.

6 Likes