Life goes on - Winter 2020

You found your self a goldmine it seems! I too have my own breed of pigs that l breed and select over generations and work good for me.

4 Likes

Thanks those little pigs sure seen happy. They get about a quart of pig feed per day for all 5 basically to make sure they get the ballance of minerals they would normally get from the ground as they are in a barn with a cement floor. My plan is to get the old pig yard cleared out soon. Then move then to a different barn for the summer anyway.
I would like to breed them back to large black which seems very hard to find around here and expensive. They are said to be good on pasture and more relaxed and friendly. These can be high strung which I think is the Berkshire influence.
Well it is officially spring at my farm the ramp for the chickens melted out of the snow yesterday and the got to go outside again. First time since fall. They seem more than happy to stay in the small melted out spot at the back of the barn for the moment.

3 Likes

This is the best way to let pigs be pigs. :pig2: Joel Salatin Teaches Pasture Pigs (for Profit) - YouTube

2 Likes

If we’re gonna talk pigs!

3 Likes

Starting this guy usually means the end of winter. This time though, I wasn’t able to scrape the mat away in the field. Driving through it helps it melt though.

6 Likes

Who doesn’t love old iron like that? From the days when built to last was part of the culture, the legacy of a design team.

5 Likes

Say hello to our newest woodgaser! Finaly came out, with a big delay. But l cang blame him for wanting to stay inside these days…

image000000(12)

22 Likes

What a Blessing from Yehovah God. Congrats to you both for making this beautiful baby. I am so happy for you.
Bob

5 Likes

Congratulations! Beautiful! Those are the reasons I get out of bed every day. We have three like that, only a little bigger. Puberty is our phase, as long as keep calm (very difficult for me) things are ok.

Enjoy! Best time of my life when they were that big, or small.

6 Likes

Congratulations to everyone there, now have a rest and enjoy the family
Dave

4 Likes

Congrats!! I don’t think we have him hooked quite yet though. No DoW hat. No chainsaw, or welder… Way too cleaned up… there is no char dust or dirt anywhere… No “Argos 2121 or bust!” T-shirt.

He looks like he is working on his flirt look too. You guys might have your hands full :stuck_out_tongue:

8 Likes

Congratulations, that is what life is about

6 Likes

Congrats From all the Norths!!! God is good.
Does he have a name?
Sean is right he isn’t a woodgasser yet but you/we will get him there.

5 Likes

Kristijan,

Congratulation to you and your wife . I know you must be proud :smile:

6 Likes

Congratulations. I bet he gets wooden blocks and chunks to play with soon…

6 Likes

Congratulations Kristijan !:boom: :smile:
You managed to straighten out the bridging - finally :smile:
Pass congrats to your family.

6 Likes

Hey BruceJ.
Cat road graders was my father-in-laws favorite piece of equipment.
He went into road building as a contractor in 1940 with the bypass the Natzi sub problem building the overland road to the Panama Canal zone.

Couple of decades later ending up of National Forests roads crews as an equipment operator.
Finished as the whole Forests Roads Manager.
Yep. He said lots and lots of greasing points on those.
I think he liked the grader work because it could with one piece of equipment turn near un-useable into smooth, useable. Plus road maintenance then he got to go home and sleep in his own bed nearly every night.
Regards
Steve Unruh

3 Likes

Congratulations to the growing Leitinger family.

7 Likes

Here’s some interesting news.

Chief Justice Richard Wagner, writing for the majority,: “Climate change is real. It is caused by greenhouse gas emissions resulting from human activities, and it poses a grave threat to humanity’s future,” Wagner wrote.

Seems fairly indisputable, coming from one of the most learned courts on earth.

2 Likes

After a 80F day (normal 45f) we have a major wind storm as I write this. Power outage. The 22 year old Generac started first pull and earning it’s keep.

6 Likes