Lookee what followed me home today

Yes, it is my second one. First one with hydrostatic, I like it and it turns real sharp.

5 Likes

I’d ride that over a Zero Turn any day.

I never got used to zero turn mowers, I like my good old tractor style riding mower.

6 Likes

Zero turns are great until you have ditches to mow. Riding mowers don’t have enough clearance sometimes to do them well either because they don’t have a lot of clearance. And hydrostatic is far better then belts for a drivetrain.

Whoever was the braindead person that convinced my mom to get a lawn tractor instead of a lawn and garden tractor should be shot for taking advantage of an elderly person or they themselves are stupid and braindead as well. (sorry I had to vent)

4 Likes

I’ve been wanting one of these for a while.

Made for a flat belt which I don’t have.

I tack welded a v-belt pulley on the end of the flat belt pulley and “borrowed” the engine from my log splitter.

Nothing is done but I wasn’t even sure 6.5 HP was going to be enough. I quickly sharpened the blade with an angle grinder and had to free up the tilting table. The guard is rusted away in places so it will need some repairs but it did cut some small slabs. Looks dangerous (and could be) but so is a chainsaw. This seems like it will be a lot easier than cutting up the slabs with a chainsaw.

This test was done using gasoline but this engine has been run on charcoal gas before. I barely had the engine above an idle to make these first cuts so I’m sure I could run this on fuel made from the same wood.

19 Likes

Nice old buzz-saw you got there Brian.
A tip: try to get the blade grinded smooth on the sides, this will save some power, even if the teeths are set correctly, or a little wider.
6,5 hp would be good for a saw that size, often recomended is a ic engine should have twice the power than recomended electric, but that is a little overkill.
Try to not run a old blade this size faster than 2000 rpm, “free wobble” is scary. :slightly_smiling_face:

16 Likes

You may find some of Giorgio’s work applicable:

16 Likes

Let s hope this one will help cleaning the woodpile :grinning:

Quite unknown brand overhere, but a very useful machine. It has a 50 liter/ 200 bar hydraulic on the arm and one on the back. I am thinking of rebuilding the chipper. :grinning: First things first.

On moments like this the kids want to help. Mmm. Why?

13 Likes

Never seen one like that. Who is the manufacturer? How much counter weight in the rear? Maybe I should get a job so I could afford some of the stuff you guys are getting.

7 Likes

Boy that look like fun me want me want !
Dave

7 Likes

It is a Timan Tool Trac. I think from Denmark and sold a lot in Scandinavia. Very rare here. The arm is not telescopic but got a big hydraulic connection. Door/ steer is very low, you dont have to climb into the machine thousand times a day, just step in. It is itching to use it today but maybe I act wise and do something that really has to be done. :grinning:

11 Likes

Brian that is the same saw that is on the front of my farmall H. I don’t know the tip speed for those blades but the H has a 22hp 1200 PRM motor iirc. The belt drive pullies are 1 to 1 size wise but i don’t know the gearing of the drive pully on those old tractors. I would guess on our H we ran the motor at about 700 to 800 rpm to power that saw. It was over an idle but not half throttle. They don’t take much power when the blades are sharp and they are really handy for cord wood to fire wood. Stopped using it here when we got a wood splitter that peaked at 24 inches long. Then we just cut everything in 16 inch lengths and split it stove length not 4 foot length.

7 Likes

Joep that is an interesting machine. One lesson I learned the hard way on my pasquali. If you have the machine in a turn when you pick up a load in the bucket the weight ballance change can also change how it turns. I found this out cleaning around the post in my barn with the pasquali turned next to the post to scoop up a bucket full driving in empty the front end turned allowing me to clean behind the post. Put it in reverse and tried to turn a little to back out and the rear end swung not the front on the center piviot. Found myself will a post between the two tires and trying to figure out how to separate the tractor from the post and also get it wiggled out of the corner of the barn. Center piviots are nice but behave odd at times with a loader. Also depending on how good the mount is to the one arm loader you might need to watch out for loading the far side of the bucket too heavy. Seems like it shouldn’t be a problem but i was warmed it is on the old farmall A loaders.

10 Likes

That is a nice machine Joep :+1:
I’ve never seen one in Sweden though? Maybe down south Sweden, closer to Denmark they are popular?

4 Likes

Not as cool as Joep’s machine, but maybe useful to some projects, this followed me home today:

90° gearbox, flywheel, chain and sprocket from an old baler.
A friend saved it for me when he scrapped a old “loose” baler, that stopped “make the knot”.

15 Likes

Some time ago i found a “vintage” empty box, that had contained boxes of woodgas matches, all in all, a warehouse packaging. I bought it cheap on the online auction site, for my “woodgas museum”.

Imagine my surprise when the box felt heavy, and turned out to be unopened! :smiley: :star_struck:

14 Likes

The very idea that someone produced wood gas matches kind of amazes me, especially when maybe one in a hundred thousand Americans have even heard of wood gas. I also find it odd that there seem to be plenty of wood gassers in Sweden and Finland but you seldom hear from anyone in Norway or Denmark unless they just hang out in different places than youtube or DOW.

8 Likes

Great catch Göran, amazing that someone held on to that box for so long.

Tom, I have also been wondering about why there is not that many woodgassers in Norway or Denmark (that we know of), same thing goes for the whole of Africa and Asia. I don’t know how many Koen has converted to woodgas with his work in Thailand. There should be plenty of people wanting to save a buck or two there as well. Of course on the other hand it is also hard to find or stumble upon info if the thought never occured to you that there could be an alternative to dino, in Europe it was widespread during the war but I have no idea if some people used it in Asia or Africa at that time.

9 Likes

Norway and Denmark was occupied by the nazis during the war, they probably don’t want to be reminded about that era.
I also think their cars was confiscated during occupation?

Nowadays those rich Norwegians pump their own oil and can afford to run on dino. :rofl:
Danes maybe not sober often enough to drive?

Sorry! This last was two very bad jokes :slightly_frowning_face:
Not my opininon about our neighbours.

10 Likes

Other reasons I can think of are Denmark has no wood and Norway’s flattest road is a 10% incline :smile:

9 Likes

I have never seen one lit. You think they still work Goran?

Been thinking of making them for a long time. I have made matches before and l think it wuldnt be that hard to make these. Shuld come in handy for those full hopper lightups. No need for lighting a coal and droping it in.

8 Likes